Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Lesbian goddesses? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alice Morbid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:07 pm
TeaDidikai
Succubus Sovereign
Why do you ask? lol
To understand the situation. But hey- if you don't want to take my inquires seriously and feel like dismissing the effort I am putting into responding to you- I shall simply stop.

What do you mean? I don't see a point that I stopped taking you seriously in the least. I generally put "lol" as to not seem mean because I tend to come off as a mean person I guess (or so I've been told) I actually very much like it when you reply. You make me think a little deeper into things.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:47 am
TeaDidikai
This isn't to say that there is no justification in celebrating the triumphs in civil rights progression and the like. It's just that it isn't appropriate to revamp history to turn a deity into a lesbian in order to feel comfortable.

Heck, if Sappho was comfortable writing to Aphrodite, why wouldn't modern Lesbians be?
I believe most people on Lesbos are now Christians.

Unless you were trying to make a statement about the sexuality of a woman we have nothing but some fragmentary poetry largely meant for weddings to go on.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:22 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
This isn't to say that there is no justification in celebrating the triumphs in civil rights progression and the like. It's just that it isn't appropriate to revamp history to turn a deity into a lesbian in order to feel comfortable.

Heck, if Sappho was comfortable writing to Aphrodite, why wouldn't modern Lesbians be?

Unless you were trying to make a statement about the sexuality of a woman we have nothing but some fragmentary poetry largely meant for weddings to go on.
I was addressing the fact that Sappho, a woman who was purportedly sexually attracted to other women, addressed Aphrodite, and that modern women who are sexually attracted to other women may well feel comfortable doing the same. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:32 am
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai

I was addressing the fact that Sappho, a woman who was purportedly sexually attracted to other women, addressed Aphrodite, and that modern women who are sexually attracted to other women may well feel comfortable doing the same. wink
Just checking. wink  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:31 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai

Just checking. wink
Fair enough.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:59 pm
My fiancee calls me a goddess in bed from time to time, does that count? ninja  

Ainwyn

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:43 pm
Ainwyn
I think I've always been a little uneasy with this kind of sentiment myself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:03 pm
Ainwyn

lol sure why not. Mine does from time to time too ^^: Idk about in bed tho..  

Alice Morbid

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:22 pm
TeaDidikai
Ainwyn

Well, she's a deist, so take that as you will...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:26 pm
Ainwyn
TeaDidikai
Ainwyn

A deist is someone who believes in 1 god right? (First time hearing this term and I kind of skimmed a wiki page /unreliable lol)
Sounds like she really does love you ^-^ I'm happy for you  

Alice Morbid

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:58 pm
Succubus Sovereign
Ainwyn
TeaDidikai
Ainwyn

A deist is someone who believes in 1 god right? (First time hearing this term and I kind of skimmed a wiki page /unreliable lol)
Sounds like she really does love you ^-^ I'm happy for you

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same for all deists, but for her, it's basically a higher being created the universe (the spark that started the big bang, or however you want to look at it), then left us to our own devices.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:06 pm
I know this may be completely off topic and out of context, But what about a Transvestite?

I havn't looked much into Tranvestite Deities, But I from what I've read..

Please correct me if I am ever wrong.

But there is a Greek Tranvestite Goddess that required her male followers to castrate themselves and wear female clothing.

I was wondering, If there is such a thing as a Tranvestite Deity and how many are there, if not who are they? If anyone has the time.

Plus, this concept of Artemis being a lesbian is odd to me. I would think she is merely a virgin and the only way I can trace that concept would be the story about how Zeus tricked one of her nymphs into having sex with him by shape shifting into Artemis to do so.. But even then, it wasn't even her. :/ So.. Where did they get that?

Anyways, I agree that love is love.

Namikikyo

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:27 pm
Namikikyo
I know this may be completely off topic and out of context, But what about a Transvestite?

I havn't looked much into Tranvestite Deities, But I from what I've read..

Please correct me if I am ever wrong.

But there is a Greek Tranvestite Goddess that required her male followers to castrate themselves and wear female clothing.

I was wondering, If there is such a thing as a Tranvestite Deity and how many are there, if not who are they? If anyone has the time.

Plus, this concept of Artemis being a lesbian is odd to me. I would think she is merely a virgin and the only way I can trace that concept would be the story about how Zeus tricked one of her nymphs into having sex with him by shape shifting into Artemis to do so.. But even then, it wasn't even her. :/ So.. Where did they get that?

Anyways, I agree that love is love.

I know there are many cultures that have/had the idea of a third gender, and several found such a person to be holy, but I'm not sure how many of these would have had transgender deities. I remember hearing a story of a trans woman from England going to India and doing something at a Hindu temple where she was considered holy, but again, I'm not sure if the goddess that was being worshipped was in some way gender variant or if She just saw those that were as being sacred.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:11 pm
Transvestite is not the same as Transgendered.

Hell, Thor was a transvestite! (And this is where the Thorsgodhi and I clash- I find this ******** HI+LAR+EEEEEE+OUS!)  

TeaDidikai

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:30 pm
TeaDidikai
Transvestite is not the same as Transgendered.

Actually, someone who's a transvestite would fall under the transgender umbrella, but I know what you're saying. I'm just used to having people say transvestite and mean transexual, or at least more than just cross dressing. And I've never thought of any of the gods cross dressing, which is pretty silly of me! D'oh!

Quote:
Hell, Thor was a transvestite! (And this is where the Thorsgodhi and I clash- I find this ******** HI+LAR+EEEEEE+OUS!)

Now that I want to see!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces