Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I need help. People please demonic attack. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:04 pm
That's a pretty elaborate Mr. Dark story. Wow.

The city I used to live in have a Prince. Yes, as in Vampire: The Masquerade. I always wanted ot go along to one of the gatherings to giggle since a friend of mine was some sort of "enforcer" but they never let me.

Wonder why. ^.^  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:14 pm
Deoridhe
That's a pretty elaborate Mr. Dark story. Wow.

The city I used to live in have a Prince. Yes, as in Vampire: The Masquerade. I always wanted ot go along to one of the gatherings to giggle since a friend of mine was some sort of "enforcer" but they never let me.

Wonder why. ^.^
Same reason I keep getting in trouble with my current GM.

This is the problem with GM's who don't understand their role. I am not here to play a two bit villain in your Furry Novel. I am here to tell a story, my Character's story.  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:35 pm
TeaDidikai

See, the Catholics have tests they issue to those claiming to be possessed before they perform an exorcism.

See, I could REALLY get into catholic mysticism, and maybe even catholicism, I only hesitate for several social stances they've taken I severely disagree with.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:42 pm
Gho the Girl
See, I could REALLY get into catholic mysticism, and maybe even catholicism, I only hesitate for several social stances they've taken I severely disagree with.
Folk Catholicism is always interesting.

Maybe you should talk about the issues you have with it in your Pathways thread.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:38 am
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai

See, the Catholics have tests they issue to those claiming to be possessed before they perform an exorcism.

Yeah..
I'm the same.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:11 am
CuAnnan
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai

Yeah..
I'm the same.

If I had a more monotheistic bone in my body, I'd be all upons Catholic Mysticism. Or be a Quaker, actually.  

maenad nuri
Captain

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:19 am
maenad nuri
CuAnnan
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai

Yeah..
I'm the same.

If I had a more monotheistic bone in my body, I'd be all upons Catholic Mysticism. Or be a Quaker, actually.

Yeah, but I'd always be of the opinion that Christians should be monaltheist.
Which is pretty much what I am.
I mean, I acknowledge and am reverant towards other Gods but I only really work for one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:22 am
I get the impression from my studies that the kind of Christian I would be died out several hundred years ago. ninja  

TeaDidikai

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:54 am
*coughs* I couldn't find anything via Google that looked like it was credible about Catholic Mysticism. Is there a difference between that and just Catholicism? What makes up the mysticism bit? Better yet, what's the appeal to it that some of you have?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:07 am
Taliah
*coughs* I couldn't find anything via Google that looked like it was credible about Catholic Mysticism. Is there a difference between that and just Catholicism? What makes up the mysticism bit? Better yet, what's the appeal to it that some of you have?
There are numerous Catholic Mystic traditions that vary based on era, roles (such as Holy Orders etc) and the influences of the folk culture that was integrated into any given church.

Some of these traditions are ecstatic in nature- Benedetta Carlini had ecstatic visions of Yeshua. Contrast this to some of the High Magic that is used by Catholics. Then you have laity mysticism, the mysteries present in the sacraments and the like.  

TeaDidikai

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:17 am
So, would Collowrath's Slavic influences in Catholicism be considered a mysticism? If so, that is rather interesting.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:05 am
Taliah
So, would Collowrath's Slavic influences in Catholicism be considered a mysticism? If so, that is rather interesting.
Couldn't say. Mysticism as an umbrella term for a number of more esoteric religious traditions is hard to define practically, that's why I mentioned the mysticism of the sacrament.

That said, I'm not on Collowrath's path. He is.

Gho on the other hand shared some deeply mystical experiences with me at SummerStar. It was wonderful.  

TeaDidikai

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:17 am
Thank you for the explanations. smile Maybe I can draw him in here to kindly explain later.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:22 am
Taliah

I would say less mysticism and more cultural practices that exist often outside the realm of my religious leanings. These practices and traditions are tied to Catholicism less because I am a Catholic and more because my people were converted to Christianity beginning in the mid to late 800's. It's increasingly difficult to separate these traditions from Catholicism - especially for West and South Slavs.

Taliah
Thank you for the explanations. smile Maybe I can draw him in here to kindly explain later.

stressed Already here.  

Collowrath

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:26 am
Collowrath
stressed Already here.

So you are! Thank you for the explanation, and I hope I wasn't a bother. sweatdrop  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff