Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]
Otome Picasso- mentoring for all(closed temporarily )*Update Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a781e21518657

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:11 pm
Thanks so much XD!~!! But am i suppost to do something? I didnt get any PM's so im sure what to do sweatdrop . Sorry for the trouble, but could i ask what the assignment is?

Thanks,
heart ~ Leetia ~ heart  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:10 pm
Oh I haven't sent your first lesson yet. Since i already have my first assignment made up, i will send that to you to work on while i am moving(read below)

I am in the process of packing for college and am a bit busy, but once i get it done and all moved, i'll have some down time to get a more suitable lesson that will work with the skills you have..  

Otome Picasso

5,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200

DXSciz

Invisible Humorist

11,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:26 pm
If I'm not too late, I would love a little mentoring. :3 Never can learn too much and practice with others of different styles always helps.

I mainly need help getting better at the human figure, legs mainly, and women. O_____O I can't draw women. Their curvy proportions always throw me off.
Also, to learn a better way of drawing noses, mouths, or eyes is always a plus as I am still working on those parts.
And then the wrinkles in fabrics can always be improves and I saw the lovely detail you put into yours so I felt you'd be a great person to learn some techniques or simple tips from. :3

My current skill level is always growing, but this is the latest things I've done. I do have more of a cartoony feel to my stuff though. Also a western style hint as I like to draw different face shapes and features.
[x] [x] [x] [x]
As you can see, most are guys. My most recent girl example is this: [x]

And btw, I read through the other page and know about the assignment thing and such. Just letting you know so you don't have to repeat yourself if you don't want to. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:34 pm
Lol we are opposite XD i cant draw men 0_________0 but only gals XP

Nice to meet you,
heart ~ Leetia ~ heart  

a781e21518657

a781e21518657

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:50 pm
Otome Picasso
Alright I accept you as one of my students.

Here is how this mentoring will go: I will give you lessons through PMing, with instruction and tips, starting with basics. Once every week, you will have small little assignments( but they will just be practices of what you’ve learned) And then you will send me your progress, in which I will give critique on what you have done well, and some things you can work on for the next assignment.

Once you have turned in your assignment, I will send the next lesson.

If something comes up and you are unable to practice and show me you progress, I will be quite lenient about it, (seeing that school is about to start up). There is no need to rush,; these assignments are not dead lines, just progress reports. Plus, Everyone works at their own pace.

I'll send you your first PM on Tuesday or so (cause Monday is my b-day)

Ooo!!! Sounds fun!! XD!!! I can never find any ideas to drawing so i usually look to the internet XP, so this might be good practice for me!! (like creativity wise XP)

Ill Look Forward To It!!
heart ~ Leetia ~ heart

P.S. sooooo sry for double posting XS  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:04 pm
I, for some reason, can only draw guys and most people I've run across can only draw girls. I also prefer to draw buff or musclular people and no one else I've met can, lol. xD; It's like I'm the opposite of many in that respect.

Hello Tint. ^^  

DXSciz

Invisible Humorist

11,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Piecatcher 100

Otome Picasso

5,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:01 am
Ah Hello there, Mr. DXSciz. I would be glad to help you, and yes i am well-rounded in my people drawing skills.

Since you have a certain level of ability with men, what i will do with you is give tips, sketch some examples for you and give you reference images from some of my favorite comic book artist to look at. That way, you can see what i look for when i practice anatomical features, such as legs.

As for drawing Women, they are a bit more difficult to do so i will start from the beginning on that and give you the tips that will make them more feminine.

And we shall also cover facial features for both, covering the different profiles of the face, so that you are aware of the shape and proportion of them.

You have much promise and i will be excited to see you progress once we get started. I will send your first PM once i get moved to college. ^--^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:50 am
Hi Hi do you know Leetia,
Teehee she's my sister and she was babbling all day long about you drawing lessons and I also like to draw anime just like her. So I was also wondering if you could also mentor me?
examples::User Image
User Image

BTW!!! not people who I created by myself, these characters I have used to practice drawing!!!! ^O^

Plz reply soon?  

x X R e d B e r r y X x

Otome Picasso

5,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:46 pm
I would love to ^--^ It wouldn't be that much trouble either, since i could just resend my lesson to the both of you. Of course, critiques will be individually, but it shouldn't be an issue.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:37 pm
Huray!! thank you thank you sooo much ^o^ I really appreaciate it!  

x X R e d B e r r y X x

DXSciz

Invisible Humorist

11,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Piecatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:52 pm
Lol, Mr. DXSciz. xD. Ah sweet.

Yeah, sounds good to me. I am all self tought, so I grew accustomed to drawing men through the use of references and such so that sounds right up my alley. Lol. Yeah. Sounds good to me. :3

Ok, cool. YEah, I have a bunch of trouble makeing feminine women. <<; My friend draws pretty good women, but I have never really been able to learn from her the same way she has learned from me.

Yeah, ok that's good. I love different face shapes and proportions so that'd be lovely. >w<

Lol, thanks. ^^ Ok, no prob.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:00 pm
When are the assignments coming D=? ive been waiting soo long T^T (sorry for being so persistant XP)

Please hurry!!,
heart ~ Leetia ~ heart  

a781e21518657

Otome Picasso

5,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:35 am
I'm really sorry. I'm promise it's coming soon! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:58 pm
Ooo thank you thank you!! whee I promise ill wont disappoint you!! n__n

Thanks,
heart ~ Leetia ~ heart  

a781e21518657

chuwchew123

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:12 am
um if im not too late id like you to help me draw to i'm self taught though my mom is a painter i'm not half as good i can draw some people but there have animi and hands are awkward i'm not sure how to get it on here so ya  
Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff