Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mercy, Vengeance, Justice, and Divine Mandate Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does your faith mandate justice?
  Yes
  No
  Sorta Kinda
  Not Really
View Results

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:32 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
I spacialize in retribution. If somebody does unto another something that harms without implication, then I or another will make sure they pay. Whether it be directly or indirectly.

Really? Because you've made it pretty clear here:
riddle_box_juggalo
2: This whole thing of being a real wiccan doesn't mean a thing to me. I couldn't care less. If you have a problem with how other people follow the religion, bring it to them and not me. I'm HEATHEN, not wiccan.

That you don't give two shits about the way Wicca is being misconstrued and misused. Proper, initiated Wiccans suffer from the spread of misinformation on their faith. Or is it somehow not "real" suffering and harm because it's not physical?

And why do you think Tyr needs someone here to go about doling out punishment? Do you think he is incapable of doing it himself? Give the above quote of yours, you'd probably be better off focusing on walking in your own path and working on it rather than going around trying to exact "justice" on other people.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:37 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
riddle_box_juggalo
I spacialize in retribution. If somebody does unto another something that harms without implication, then I or another will make sure they pay. Whether it be directly or indirectly.

riddle_box_juggalo
2: This whole thing of being a real wiccan doesn't mean a thing to me. I couldn't care less. If you have a problem with how other people follow the religion, bring it to them and not me. I'm HEATHEN, not wiccan.

That you don't give two shits about the way Wicca is being misconstrued and misused. Proper, initiated Wiccans suffer from the spread of misinformation on their faith. Or is it somehow not "real" suffering and harm because it's not physical?

And why do you think Tyr needs someone here to go about doling out punishment? Do you think he is incapable of doing it himself? Give the above quote of yours, you'd probably be better off focusing on walking in your own path and working on it rather than going around trying to exact "justice" on other people.
My impression of Tyr (UPG of course) is that working within the system to correct things could be viewed as service. This impression comes largely from the evocations I have heard read at The Thing, but it might just be the local Kindred who do that.

That being said, I think unwise actions done as such would likely end with a through beat down by Tyr. twisted  

TeaDidikai

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:43 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff
riddle_box_juggalo

riddle_box_juggalo

My impression of Tyr (UPG of course) is that working within the system to correct things could be viewed as service. This impression comes largely from the evocations I have heard read at The Thing, but it might just be the local Kindred who do that.

That being said, I think unwise actions done as such would likely end with a through beat down by Tyr. twisted

True; but riddle_box I don't think gave any indication that he works within a system. I got the feeling from his post that doling out justice and punishment as he apparently does is whenever, wherever he sees it.

And I concur 3nodding .  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:50 pm
I work as much in the system as I can. I do as much as I can when I see injustice and do so by exposing them for what they are and giving solid evidence. If one takes a life, I will find as much evidence as I can and turn it in to the authorities. This is retribution to those that have been wronged.  

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:55 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
I work as much in the system as I can. I do as much as I can when I see injustice and do so by exposing them for what they are and giving solid evidence. If one takes a life, I will find as much evidence as I can and turn it in to the authorities. This is retribution to those that have been wronged.

This still doesn't answer my question.
Here I'll requote it for you:
Violet Song jat Shariff

riddle_box_juggalo

What system do you feel you work within? How do you define injustice, and how are you always certain that what you see as an injustice is what Tyr would see as an injustice? You even said "for those that I believe have been wronged.

The bolded statement is ESPECIALLY amusing seeing as how Tea and I were attempting to do the same thing to you in the other thread, only to be met with "OMG I DONT KAYR." So is this a case of you can dish it out but not take it? What do you think it says about you to hold a standard but not live up to it yourself; is that something Tyr would approve of?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:06 pm
I live by the standards that I set and try to set an example to others. I work within the legal system, both civilian and military. My definition of injustice is breaking laws of which are set to keep the peace, hurting another in such a manner that is despicable and uncalled for, in to be intolerant of another's religion or culture.  

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:10 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
I live by the standards that I set and try to set an example to others.

So, your standards then, not Tyr's?
So let me get this straight.
You are going about talking about retribution and punishment to emulate Tyr, but you're following your OWN standards?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:16 pm
I believe that the gods want us to do right, but not just by them, but by us as well. I try to emulate Tyr by trying to be fair in how i deal in things. I'll be equal to all, whether I like you or not, and deal the retribution without prejudice. Such is a teaching of Tyr.  

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:18 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
I believe that the gods want us to do right, but not just by them, but by us as well.

LOL
"Right" among some of the gods is quite subjective xd

Quote:
I'll be equal to all, whether I like you or not, and deal the retribution without prejudice. Such is a teaching of Tyr.

Can you point out where that is a teaching of Tyr in the myths?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:24 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
I believe that the gods want us to do right, but not just by them, but by us as well. I try to emulate Tyr by trying to be fair in how i deal in things. I'll be equal to all, whether I like you or not, and deal the retribution without prejudice. Such is a teaching of Tyr.

That seems a dangerous path to take. Presuming you have the knowledge and foresight to know what is injustice and worthy of retribution, aside from that which is already a part of your path, sets yourself up as on the level of a deity. That seems to me as if it'd be asking to get cosmically bitchslapped.  

IH_Zero

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:25 pm
lol yeah, especially when it comes to loki.

Actually that was taught to me by my chieftain. He follows Tyr as well, and has all his life. I'm really having no reason to take somebody else's word over his.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:28 pm
riddle_box_juggalo

Actually that was taught to me by my chieftain. He follows Tyr as well, and has all his life. I'm really having no reason to take somebody else's word over his.

What's wrong with Loki? neutral

So it's UPG and not anywhere in the lore? Then why call it a teaching of Tyr if it's not actually taught by Tyr?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:29 pm
riddle_box_juggalo

So, for all you know, he could have been pulling s**t out of his rectum and you would blindly follow that? How curious.

And what Chieftain would this be? Who established him as an authority? What research has he done? How long has he been doing it? What primary sources has he been instructed by and how do you know that his personal biases aren't influencing him?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:32 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Then why call it a teaching of Tyr if it's not actually taught by Tyr?
Because if you make it clear that it's UPG, there is justifiable reason to challenge the position, especially if it directly contradicts the things Tyr does and says within the source texts. wink

We can't have people questioning our UPG now can we?  

TeaDidikai

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:34 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
riddle_box_juggalo

What's wrong with Loki? neutral

So it's UPG and not anywhere in the lore? Then why call it a teaching of Tyr if it's not actually taught by Tyr?

Nothing is wrong with loki at all, it's just his followers and tyr's differ so much. But tis the balnce of things.

He's 47 years old, and his father, his grandfather, and so on have followed tyr. Isn't this where our myths come from but our elders?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff