Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
lol, got another question! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:18 am
Fiddlers Green
Written or otherwise, a Secret is a Secret.
In fact, letting slip which it is imperils it. ninja
But then, to be fair, not all such books are about secrets.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:21 am
I apologize if I sound ignorant, but. Is it like a personal journal?
I really am fairly new to most of it...  

Alice Morbid

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:23 pm
TeaDidikai

I was only speaking for myself. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:45 pm
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai

I was only speaking for myself. 3nodding
Fair enough.

SS>> It depends on the tradition and group and the intention of the book in question. I'm familiar with traditions that share a common book.

I have a book that I am putting together that condenses a buttload of recipes, family stories and translations from my Baba's journal into one central text that I can take anywhere I need it.

Otherwise I have to bring my down and dirty notes, a journal that is older than I am, the texts I use to translate it including three Language to English Dictionaries at least and a box of recipe cards- to say nothing of not having instant access to family members for bits and pieces they have memorized that haven't been written down before this attempt.  

TeaDidikai

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:36 pm
Fiddlers Green
Written or otherwise, a Secret is a Secret.
In fact, letting slip which it is imperils it. ninja

mine, so far, only has things that i have found to be interesting or useful from other works that can be found publicly, so no secrets yet, but who know's when one will come to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:53 pm
whiporwill-o
but who know's when one will come to me.
Next Thursday, at about 3:22 pm.  

TeaDidikai

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:55 pm
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
but who know's when one will come to me.
Next Thursday, at about 3:22 pm.

awesome, thanks for the heads-up 3nodding (i really like using that emote, it looks like a kitty, lol)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:59 pm
I have a little red leather bound book with blank pages that I kept journals in at first. Now it is primarily tarot readings, meditations on the cards themselves, some of the Orphic Hymns, Homeric Hymns, the Hellenic lunar month per Athens. I even keep fictional writing systems I've made in it, and a good table of Hlaholica that I use in a ritual Slavic context (this is a personal practice, no bearing on anything historical). It's more referential than anything, at this point.

I just call it my book, or moja kniha/моја книга.  

Collowrath

Alud Land Syne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:26 pm
I have one. I'm working on my correspondence section currently, most of it is from other books. Except my beautiful drawings (yeah right). No, secrets yet. It's just a plain black blank book.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:31 pm
Alud Land Syne
I have one. I'm working on my correspondence section currently, most of it is from other books. Except my beautiful drawings (yeah right). No, secrets yet. It's just a plain black blank book.
Have you tried using Pathways as an organizer?
It's a useful tool because it can help you test and explore your tradition in a safe way while being exposed to new information?  

TeaDidikai

Alud Land Syne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:44 pm
TeaDidikai
Alud Land Syne
It's a useful tool because it can help you test and explore your tradition in a safe way while being exposed to new information?

No, I haven't actually heard about that before. Where could I find Pathways? I need help with organizing it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:11 pm
Alud Land Syne
TeaDidikai
Alud Land Syne

No, I haven't actually heard about that before. Where could I find Pathways? I need help with organizing it.
It's one of the Subforums up top.  

TeaDidikai

Alud Land Syne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:49 pm
TeaDidikai
Alud Land Syne
TeaDidikai
Alud Land Syne

It's one of the Subforums up top.

Thanks, belatedly. I have been reading the topics in there all day. They really provide great insight. I need to read much more before I declare myself anything besides witch-in-training, so no new topic button for me. That is if I decide to declare myself anything.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:20 pm
I personally don't believe there is anything wrong with using a letter k in the word magic(k). I also know many other Pagans and people of different paths who feel the same way about the word. To each their own.

I think a lot of people get annoyed with it because Silver Ravenwolf uses that spelling of the word and there are a lot of Pagans/Wiccans/whatever they may be who realllllllly don't like her.

When I see the word "magic" I think about a magic show, with a guy in a tuxedo and a black top hat. When I see the word "magick" or "magik" I think of real world witchcraft. That's just my personal view on the matter.

heart  

grapeseed

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:22 pm
Alud Land Syne

Thanks, belatedly. I have been reading the topics in there all day. They really provide great insight. I need to read much more before I declare myself anything besides witch-in-training, so no new topic button for me. That is if I decide to declare myself anything.
Welcome. It's worth noting that the forum is about presenting your path. If your current path is that of a seeker- you may get just as much benefit, if not more, from posting about it and dialoguing with others.

Look at some of the threads wherein people have been posing questions. That question and thought process can really help growth and understanding- it's also useful at rooting out fluffy habits.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff