Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
question from the new gal :) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 pm
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
i don't understand what you mean by 'thoughtform/play', could you please explain 3nodding (i only loosely grasp the concept of thoughtforms in general)
The down and dirty translation is that you could be talking to yourself and generating psycho-drama.

Further translation: You're using base psychology to connect intuitive and cognitive halves of your brain.

So... you're talking to yourself in two different languages and employing culture as a translator.

Quote:
hate to go all 'emo' on you, but i really don't see much to persue in myself, so maybe he (or anyone else) might see or know something i don't.
That in and of itself could be a reason for generating a thought form, especially one that is non-threatening.

interesting. is it possible to generate a thoughtform without realizing it?

non-threatening is good, right? but if it is a thoughtform how do i, or even should i, get rid of it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:56 am
It is very possible to accidentally create a thought-form.
I'll let people who are more into the whole Thought-form scene discuss it more tho.

For my part, you aren't the first person who has mentioned Ganesha wandering up and initiating contact with you. Partly from personal experience, and partly from my research, Ganesha seems to sorta like to play missionary amongst his family of divinities. This may just be because he is so friendly and approachable. He interacts with all types.
Do you think you may have accidentally initiated contact?
Not to uphold a stereotype, but we have a clerk in my town who has designated his "Take a penny leave a penny" tray as offering space to Ganesha. I can only imagine Ganesha to be very generous if he doesn't mind people taking directly from his offerings.

My suggestion, research, books and first hand worshipers. 3nodding
Also, remember, sometimes gods can see things in us that we might have over-looked.  

Fiddlers Green

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:08 pm
Fiddlers Green
Do you think you may have accidentally initiated contact?
Quote:

i suppose it's possible, but once again, i do not know how, exactly, i wouldve done it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:12 am
Whether you did or the god did makes no difference now. The point is that you have contact, so go with it. If the god did in fact contact you, worry about why and how later, or just ask him/her. Worryabout whats at hand.  

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:18 am
riddle_box_juggalo
Whether you did or the god did makes no difference now.
I call bullshit. It does indeed, if nothing else, it could be an indicator that there is no actual contact at hand, and instead is someone looking to validate their need for autonomy.

Quote:
The point is that you have contact,
Questionable at best.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:25 am
TeaDidikai
riddle_box_juggalo
Whether you did or the god did makes no difference now.
I call bullshit. It does indeed, if nothing else, it could be an indicator that there is no actual contact at hand, and instead is someone looking to validate their need for autonomy.

Quote:
The point is that you have contact,
Questionable at best.

Not to sound stupid or anything, but could you please explain how it could be a need to validate autonomy? And from her explanation of it, I don't belive it be psychology at hand.  

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:10 pm
riddle_box_juggalo

Not to sound stupid or anything, but could you please explain how it could be a need to validate autonomy?
It has a polar dynamic in contrast to the traditions of popular culture and likely the tradition she was raised with.

Quote:
And from her explanation of it, I don't belive it be psychology at hand.
What education has brought you to this conclusion? What about what she said suggests this?

I ask because literally everything she said suggests otherwise to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:27 pm
Interesting you may ask because I think the man who was supposed to be teaching me psychology was most likely a follower of Charles Manson at some point in time. Either that or he was just obsessed with the psycholgy of serial killers, because thats all we ever learned about.  

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:31 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
Interesting you may ask because I think the man who was supposed to be teaching me psychology was most likely a follower of Charles Manson at some point in time. Either that or he was just obsessed with the psycholgy of serial killers, because thats all we ever learned about.
Would you actually answer the question?

What about the way she phrased it suggests to you that this is anything more than something that she generated herself in order to develop personal autonomy and justify it?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff