Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
Female pastors Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MatthewLovesChocolate123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:40 am
I think nothing is wrong for a woman to preach in church. Although woman deserve to be loved more and treated with respect! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:03 am
Matthew82-62
Although woman deserve to be loved more and treated with respect! biggrin

As a woman wrapped in adipose, wrapped in dark elf, wrapped in a penguin suit (and with actual green hair) Isay, "AMEN!"  

ferret658

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:20 pm
The Amazing Ryuu
Aww, you're a poor sport, Cap'n.

Lies. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:36 pm
IN THE NAME OF THE LORD YOU HAVE ALL BEEN BLESSED!!!!!!

*grabs Bible and smacks you all*

AH AHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl rofl  

ferret658

Atreadia Allaani

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:14 am
Ferret

We are all called to preach the word of Christ, male or female.

If Paul were truely against female pastors, he would not have raised one up as an example in his letters. Remember Dorcas?

Look back over the missionaries the Church has sent out in the past two centuries. A vast majority of them have been women. Why is it allowable for women to be missionaires, but not preachers? They are doing the same work, are they not.

Finally, God uses whom He chooses. He puts the desire to share the Gospel in our hearts. and He calls those who answer to the ministry.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:42 pm
Atreadia Allaani
Ferret

We are all called to preach the word of Christ, male or female.

If Paul were truely against female pastors, he would not have raised one up as an example in his letters. Remember Dorcas?

Look back over the missionaries the Church has sent out in the past two centuries. A vast majority of them have been women. Why is it allowable for women to be missionaires, but not preachers? They are doing the same work, are they not.

Finally, God uses whom He chooses. He puts the desire to share the Gospel in our hearts. and He calls those who answer to the ministry.

redface ...No I don't remember Dorcas.....
Yes, they are doing the same job.
And: AMEN.
mrgreen  

ferret658

comfylove

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:52 pm
I don't necessarily think that women pastors are... ungodly, but I probably wouldn't go and see a female pastor. I am perfectly find with women being teachers inside of the church or in Bible studies, but I prefer male pastors.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:02 am
comfortably_dumb
I don't necessarily think that women pastors are... ungodly, but I probably wouldn't go and see a female pastor. I am perfectly find with women being teachers inside of the church or in Bible studies, but I prefer male pastors.

I do, too because they have much more interesting stories and examples. But I still like to see a female pastor here and there to give me some encouragement...I'd like to go into pastoring, but I'm not sure if that's what God has in store for me...  

ferret658

comfylove

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:19 am
ferret658
comfortably_dumb

I do, too because they have much more interesting stories and examples. But I still like to see a female pastor here and there to give me some encouragement...I'd like to go into pastoring, but I'm not sure if that's what God has in store for me...
Definitely. It would be good encouragement for the women that God calls into preaching, but maybe think that they can't because it's not as widely accepted.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:30 am
comfortably_dumb
ferret658
comfortably_dumb

Definitely. It would be good encouragement for the women that God calls into preaching, but maybe think that they can't because it's not as widely accepted.

See, my church could care less. They really don't care. Since the majority of the congregation is old people.... rofl the main fights are over whether or not we should get rid of the overhead projector and use a more modern technique to display the praise and worship songs. They also fight over whether or not they should reinstall the water fountain outside between the sanctuary and the fellowship hall because the bums wash themselves in it. rofl
But to my knowledge they haven't fought over whether a female can preach to the congregation or not.  

ferret658

Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces