Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Have you ever? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you?
  yes
View Results

Bubblegum_Paint

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:15 am
I guess the closest I have got is when my sister got me a, how to draw anime book because I was interested in anime. The book however was a dull, cheap, and boring how to book filled with awful and terrible drawings.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:46 pm
My mom brought home a stack of xerox printer paper from work for me to draw on. I still use it, since I don't buy real art paper. :3 That's the only thing anybody gave me though.

Oh yeah, one of my teachers at high school gave me derwent watercolor pencil starter set. :]

Sera Michaelis

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

x Varda x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:16 am
My family knows better than to go out and buy art supplies without me. My mother just gives me money and turns me loose in Hobby Lobby. Last year she gave me twenty dollars so I purchased a box of Prismacolor pencils. One of my girl friends is an artist though so I could trust her to get materials that I want/need.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:04 pm
My family gave upon getting me art supplies. For a while they would get me sketchbooks but gave up because instead of sketch pads they bought tracing paper xD

So now they give me money.

One year my friends went to Michael's to get me gifts and I ended up with 4 packs of the same brushes. Turns out Michael's had a sale. Bad thing is - I don't paint. At all. rofl I use colored pencil if I do traditional xD  

Rags of Ash

Vampire Strawberries

Sparkly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:30 am
My parents usually bring home a few packages of printer paper that I sometimes draw on. One time for my birthday a few years they bought me a sketchbook and a few different drawing pencils and a kneaded eraser. One of the people my Mom works with is an artist and at the time I was trying to get into realistic portraits using printer paper (Before that birthday, I had no clue you could get any other pencil besides the good ol' HB 2) and she asked him for advice on what to get me.
The same guy also drew up a really good 5 page tutorial on drawing portraits with a few tips he picked up along the way. I absolutely hate myself for losing that. emo  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:35 pm
i never have only cause my family doesn't really support my career in the arts. they're old school asian  

Folken_Schezar
Crew

Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas