Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
A bit of insight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:23 am
maenad nuri
Pfft, you people who are afraid of Tea amuse me. I'm still more apt think, "Oh dear gods, SHE posted again" since she was an eternal thorn in my ******** side when she first started posting.
I love you too Sweetie.

Naw. I figure most of these folks are afraid because they haven't met me face to face. 3nodding It's hard to be scared of someone who serves you Fluff for breakfast.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:32 am
Maze
Recursive Paradox
Maze

Apparently, not patting people's hands and going 'there, there' at them equals being intimidating.

I do this a lot and people still apparently find me intimidating. At least judging by the people getting all timid around me or outright telling me they find me intimidating.

Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but you are toting two dangerous-looking guns about. To say nothing of that three-headed dog-smoke at your back.. :9

But Fluffy is so friendly and cuddly! And the guns have their safeties on! crying

Quote:
It might be that people on the internet are generally wary of people who know what they want, who know what they'll stand for, and how much crap they won't allow, since most of the blundering fools on the internet are herde-beasts..

But.. dunno. o: I'm not exactly an expert here. XD

Maybe? I dunno, people tend to find knowledge intimidating for some reason. It isn't like we're going to beat people in the head with knowledge like a cricket bat on zombie cranium.  

Recursive Paradox

patch99329

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:37 am
I never got a chance to be afraid of tea!

My first run in with an M+R regular was with Scorplett, and that was relatively painless! I got my a** handed to be about wicca, and moved on. xD

Ive never had need to be afraid of any of you! Be scary! ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:44 am
Hehe, maybe that's why I never got a trial by fire. I came into the M&R knowing that I knew nothing about Wicca and being the first to admit that I knew nothing about Wicca. XD  

Recursive Paradox

Nines19

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:21 am
TeaDidikai
"I worship God the Father, as well as other deities, but they are not worshiped as equals, nor are they worshiped at the same time."

Chaos magicians? ninja

On being afraid of Tea: I'm fairly sure I used to be, but I don't exactly remember back then very well. Now it's more of, "Tea responded to my post? Dammit, I'm not in the mood to think right now. Hopefully she said something funny."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:13 pm
TeaDidikai

Naw. I figure most of these folks are afraid because they haven't met me face to face.

I think that is part of it. It's hard to determine the exact tone and "expression" behind the computer screen and I think it makes quite a bit of difference. Body language is a key factor in knowing just how that person is reacting, whether it's more bemused, or indignant, sarcastic, ecstatic, and not having that with words over a debate/discussion can make people easily misunderstand where exactly the other person stands.

Me being a timid person, I can make people sound harsher than they may intend over the forums, and thus become more defensive, rather than hearing their actual tone to truly understand they weren't being harsh at all. So being here and watching Tea, Nuri, Cu, Poe, and others speak to each other, I've gotten better at understand the "expression" behind just the text now.

Still am rather cautious when I speak, but I'm not the "oh s**t they said something I have no clue about" scared like I was before. lol  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:23 pm
When I read Tea's posts, I often see one eyebrow raised cleverly, with a hint of mischief.

wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:48 pm
saint dreya
TeaDidikai
This even before we get into Deu 6:14. Judaism and Christendom started as Monolateralist faiths, not monotheistic faiths.
i don't quite understand the concept of monolateralist. is that recognizing multiple deities but only following one?

I thought that was what henotheism is. confused
Nines19
TeaDidikai
"I worship God the Father, as well as other deities, but they are not worshiped as equals, nor are they worshiped at the same time."

Chaos magicians? ninja
"

You rang? twisted

I've been posting for years in the ED, just not often enough to be recognized, but I know that if I see a thread that looks like I want to throw a brick at, and the latest post is by Tea or Cu, I should prepared for a blood bath. rofl  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:02 pm
You want to know who you should be scared of in the M&R? Nuri. wink You always need to fear the quiet nice ones. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:39 pm
Nines19

Chaos magicians? ninja
Kathenotheism actually. The other was Henotheism.

Quote:
On being afraid of Tea: I'm fairly sure I used to be, but I don't exactly remember back then very well.
Pish.
Quote:

Now it's more of, "Tea responded to my post? Dammit, I'm not in the mood to think right now. Hopefully she said something funny."
Usually when it's something funny, it's because I'm not in the mood to think either. pirate

Taliah

I think that is part of it. It's hard to determine the exact tone and "expression" behind the computer screen and I think it makes quite a bit of difference. Body language is a key factor in knowing just how that person is reacting, whether it's more bemused, or indignant, sarcastic, ecstatic, and not having that with words over a debate/discussion can make people easily misunderstand where exactly the other person stands.
If that was it alone, I would think I would inspire frustration more than anything.

After all, for all anyone outside of ReCon knows, I'm merely the account that Nuri uses to let off steam.

Quote:
Still am rather cautious when I speak, but I'm not the "oh s**t they said something I have no clue about" scared like I was before. lol
Completely alien thought pattern to mine.

Collowrath
When I read Tea's posts, I often see one eyebrow raised cleverly, with a hint of mischief.

wink
ninja
No comment.

True Colours of Destiny

I thought that was what henotheism is. confused
Henotheism says there is one overarching deity who then leaves other divine beings (gods or whatnot) to act in the affairs of mortals.

Examples of this include some forms of Deistic Panentheism that we see in the Modern Western Pagan Movement, some sects of Hinduism and the beginning and end of Vodou and Santeria.

There are others that I am less familiar with of course.

Quote:
twisted

I've been posting for years in the ED, just not often enough to be recognized, but I know that if I see a thread that looks like I want to throw a brick at, and the latest post is by Tea or Cu, I should prepared for a blood bath. rofl
What do you mean?

Recursive Paradox
You want to know who you should be scared of in the M&R? Nuri. wink You always need to fear the quiet nice ones. XD
You only have to worry if you actually piss the Nice Ones off.

It's like Deo. Deo is very diplomatic, until you have demonstrated yourself to be a complete fool who is incapable of holding your tongue.  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:52 am
Recursive Paradox

I'm lulling all of you into a false sense of security. Then one day, I'm not going to walk away when I start getting pissed off.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:24 am
TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox
You only have to worry if you actually piss the Nice Ones off.

It's like Deo. Deo is very diplomatic, until you have demonstrated yourself to be a complete fool who is incapable of holding your tongue.

I like how the phrase is capitalized as though the nice folk of the M&R are slumbering deadly Lovecraftian Elder Gods. Which in some ways is probably true. XD

maenad nuri
Recursive Paradox

I'm lulling all of you into a false sense of security. Then one day, I'm not going to walk away when I start getting pissed off.

There's a reason I have a Nuri proof bomb shelter in my backyard. >.>  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:29 am
maenad nuri

You have to PM me the link and or call me to tell me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:31 am
TeaDidikai

ninja  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:42 am
When I started, Deo was the person to be scared of. I remember arguing with ...Mourning Dove? and randomly pming Deo to ask "Dude, am I okay here?" and being so damn nervous.

And then it was cool and I started posting in DYBIMs which was still in M&R at that point.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff