Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Star Trek Sequel 2011 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which rebooted character did you like the most?
  Kirk
  Spock
  Scotty
  McCoy ("Bones")
  Sulu
  Chekov
  Uhura
  Pike
View Results

Dust Dancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:00 pm
Matt Pniewski
SuperCrazyChocolate
Matt Pniewski
Khan? Why should we go back and use the old villains and re do all the old stories? That would suck. I want new stories, new villains, or maybe one WITHOUT a villain.....

Yeah, although I think a story without a villain would not be interesting. We need someone to cause a conflict or problem in a story.

Star Trek IV.

Conflict doesn't have to have a face or a name.

A humorous movie that touches on eco-problems? Hm. Interesting! It certainly would interest all of the kids in my generation who are practically addicted to anything that has WWF and 100% recyclable on it.

But I think its too soon for the viewers to experience a funny light-hearted side to the characters, especially a whole movie dedicated to it. I can't imagine this rebooted franchise to be anything but a pretty action-packed blur. I just can't see something like that in the future.

Unless you have a different idea?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:04 pm
Dust Dancer
Matt Pniewski
SuperCrazyChocolate
Matt Pniewski
Khan? Why should we go back and use the old villains and re do all the old stories? That would suck. I want new stories, new villains, or maybe one WITHOUT a villain.....

Yeah, although I think a story without a villain would not be interesting. We need someone to cause a conflict or problem in a story.

Star Trek IV.

Conflict doesn't have to have a face or a name.

A humorous movie that touches on eco-problems? Hm. Interesting! It certainly would interest all of the kids in my generation who are practically addicted to anything that has WWF and 100% recyclable on it.

But I think its too soon for the viewers to experience a funny light-hearted side to the characters, especially a whole movie dedicated to it. I can't imagine this rebooted franchise to be anything but a pretty action-packed blur. I just can't see something like that in the future.

Unless you have a different idea?

Just go with a phenomena, or new type of lifeform, ect.... It's more difficult to have a villain not personified, but it works better.

YOu know, in preparing for Trek XI they emphasized that this would be a Sci Fi action film made for non trek fans. Guess what? They've been going that route for a while anyway. I want to see a non-action movie Star Trek.

It still needs action in it,but that should not be the driving force.  

Matt Pniewski

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:58 am
Well if there is a Star Trek sequel in 2011 is J.J. Abrams going to be directing?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:48 pm
SuperCrazyChocolate
Well if there is a Star Trek sequel in 2011 is J.J. Abrams going to be directing?

Unfortunately yes. Star Trek XI was a fluke. He's working with the writing team from Transformers 2. Eventually, the poison will take Star Trek as well.  

Matt Pniewski

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:27 pm
Matt Pniewski
SuperCrazyChocolate

Unfortunately yes. Star Trek XI was a fluke. He's working with the writing team from Transformers 2. Eventually, the poison will take Star Trek as well.

And I heard Transformers 2 sucked... OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:41 pm
SuperCrazyChocolate
Matt Pniewski
SuperCrazyChocolate

And I heard Transformers 2 sucked... OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gonk

Sucked is putting it mildly. I thought the first one was a bad movie that had it's moments.....

Though, in defense of the writing team (who did a terrible job) they were working for Michael Bay, who is a lunatic who said Transformers 2 was "Ben Hur meets Apocalypse Now".  

Matt Pniewski

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:46 pm
Matt Pniewski
SuperCrazyChocolate
Matt Pniewski
SuperCrazyChocolate

Sucked is putting it mildly. I thought the first one was a bad movie that had it's moments.....

Though, in defense of the writing team (who did a terrible job) they were working for Michael Bay, who is a lunatic who said Transformers 2 was "Ben Hur meets Apocalypse Now".

I feel like I shouldn't be so excited over it now that you've said that the writers from Transformers are going to write it .__.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:24 pm
Oh come on, Orci and Kurtzman were not so bad! I mean, they wrote Star Trek XI too. Poor fellas must've been tired when they started working on Transformers 2 (which had a pretty decent story that was tainted with too many flashing lights IMO.)

And JJ Abrams is a brilliant director. Who else should direct Star Trek XII if not him?  

Dust Dancer

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:52 pm
Dust Dancer
Oh come on, Orci and Kurtzman were not so bad! I mean, they wrote Star Trek XI too. Poor fellas must've been tired when they started working on Transformers 2 (which had a pretty decent story that was tainted with too many flashing lights IMO.)

And JJ Abrams is a brilliant director. Who else should direct Star Trek XII if not him?

Brilliant Director? He gave us Mission Impossible III, and TV crap like "Felicity", and mediocre TV like Alia, and the often good but just as often forgettable "Lost". He also produced "Cloverfield", a movie in which people do not notice a full armed battalion no less than twenty feet behind them.

The guy is like Michael Bay, without the inflated ego and with the ability to stage an action scene. He can make action. Character driven Drama is not his thing. And that's what Trek needs to be. Why XI worked is because, well, they really had no choice. Plus, the characters were already there for them.

Transformers 2 had a decent story full of dogs humping (because apparently that's funny now), the mother accidentally getting high (which is an amusing set up for jokes, but instead is merely "haha she's high"), and the constant reiteration of the plot for those who fell asleep during portions of the film. According to Michael Bay, it's "Apocalypse Now meets Ben Hur".  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:57 am
Alright, I'll just hope and pray that I wont be so dissapointed when it comes out.  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:29 am
I actually think one of the characters I liked to see the most was Captain Pike. I think Bruce Greenwood plays the part really well and, of course, compared to the Pike of the old series this one is definitly much much better (since the character also suffered quite alot of damage in the series maybe in this new universe they might give him a different future).

3nodding

live long and prosper!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:30 am
Dust Dancer
Elle Lyn
As a hopeless Eric Bana fangirl, might I point out that alternate-timeline Nero is still alive and well? Though he'd have to be that much younger, and might not have any idea of his future self's time-traveled existence... Don't crush my dreams, k?

But realistically, I do hope we have some Klingons in the next one, you gotta love them.

I read somewhere that ever since TOS, the subsequent series have tried so hard to shed a nice light on the Klingons, that bringing the canon Klingons from TOS time back would just kinda knock everyone off.

Maybe since a Federation ship destroyed Nero's ship the Klingons might feel...er...honored at the Federation for destroying it for them. In respect for the ships that were destroyed earlier in the movie.

Yeah, I can see the Klingons in the sequel, but they'll probably be quite different from TOS.

And I never thought about a young Nero. I can see him returning in a third movie, if they decide on a trilogy.

Oooooh Klingons.
I love the Klingons as baddies, but besides TOS and Enterprise they're always good guys...

I wish they would just tell us why in TOS the Klingons have smooth foreheads but they have rough foreheads in Enterprise, TNG, DS9, and Voyager. (Though I feel like they should have had smooth foreheads in Enterprise, they always mess everything up)

In the DS9 episode 'Trials and Tribble-ations,' Worf is asked about this. He says "We don't discuss it with outsiders." Good job, Star Trek. You finally acknowledged that discrepancy. But you avoided an answer...
sad  

Lumanny the Space Jew

Blessed Poster

carma91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:39 pm
I haven't seen this posted yet, but it's been confirmed that the release date (for now) for Star Trek XII is going to be June 29th, 2012. Zoe Saldana has said that they'll probably start filming around this time next year.

It seems like so long from now, but if that's what it takes to get a good sequel out, I can wait. And plus, it's easier for me to go 'Only one year until they start filming!' because even though they'll probably be way more careful with leaks and stuff than they were last time, just knowing they're filming it will make me excited. Plus I'll admit that whenever pictures come out with Zachary Quinto with his half eyebrows, I'll be really excited.

Here's a source: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/11/star-trek-sequel-gets-a-release-date-nothing-else/  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:45 pm
Lumanny the Space Jew
Dust Dancer
Elle Lyn
As a hopeless Eric Bana fangirl, might I point out that alternate-timeline Nero is still alive and well? Though he'd have to be that much younger, and might not have any idea of his future self's time-traveled existence... Don't crush my dreams, k?

But realistically, I do hope we have some Klingons in the next one, you gotta love them.

I read somewhere that ever since TOS, the subsequent series have tried so hard to shed a nice light on the Klingons, that bringing the canon Klingons from TOS time back would just kinda knock everyone off.

Maybe since a Federation ship destroyed Nero's ship the Klingons might feel...er...honored at the Federation for destroying it for them. In respect for the ships that were destroyed earlier in the movie.

Yeah, I can see the Klingons in the sequel, but they'll probably be quite different from TOS.

And I never thought about a young Nero. I can see him returning in a third movie, if they decide on a trilogy.

Oooooh Klingons.
I love the Klingons as baddies, but besides TOS and Enterprise they're always good guys...

I wish they would just tell us why in TOS the Klingons have smooth foreheads but they have rough foreheads in Enterprise, TNG, DS9, and Voyager. (Though I feel like they should have had smooth foreheads in Enterprise, they always mess everything up)

In the DS9 episode 'Trials and Tribble-ations,' Worf is asked about this. He says "We don't discuss it with outsiders." Good job, Star Trek. You finally acknowledged that discrepancy. But you avoided an answer...
sad

The smooth head kligons are explained in Enterprise. When the Klingons experiment with Augment DNA they create an epidemic that mkaes smooth head Klingons. They don't speak off it because it's an embarrassing failure that included using hman DNA. Very demeaning to Klingons.

On the subject at hand: I personally liked J.J. Abrams very much. I would be very much pleased with him directing the next one. However, I do agree that Transformers 2 was a fiasco. I was thoroughly put off by the crude humor. WTF? is all I have to say.
For the storyline, I'm not sure if I really have something specific I'd like to see. Just something new and fresh. Definitely nothing they've already done. Besides that I'm not all too picky.

ilikeike

2,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
carma91
I haven't seen this posted yet, but it's been confirmed that the release date (for now) for Star Trek XII is going to be June 29th, 2012. Zoe Saldana has said that they'll probably start filming around this time next year.

It seems like so long from now, but if that's what it takes to get a good sequel out, I can wait. And plus, it's easier for me to go 'Only one year until they start filming!' because even though they'll probably be way more careful with leaks and stuff than they were last time, just knowing they're filming it will make me excited. Plus I'll admit that whenever pictures come out with Zachary Quinto with his half eyebrows, I'll be really excited.

Here's a source: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/11/star-trek-sequel-gets-a-release-date-nothing-else/

I'm old fashioned, and think they should have a script before they have a release date. All this means is it's being pushed into production before it's ready.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff