Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Men In Skirts: Fashion Equality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If society is okay with women in pants shouldn't men in skirts be just as acceptable?
  Yea
  Nay
View Results

Autumn Caledonia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:04 pm
Rellik San
Alana Darkblade
I was not insulting you, you're the one that came in here throwing around insults and continue to.

I never insulted anyone and have not insulted anyone at all.

Oh?

What's all this then?

Rellik San

What about the Scottish huh? or do they not get invited to your little skirt wearing party because they aren't american?

You racist scum.

And:

Rellik San
Also, ******** you b***h

I find those both quite insulting and offensive.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:00 am
Ones a statement and if you aren't racist shouldn't apply to you.

The other is an exclamation.

But....

I'm sorry for any inherent offence caused by my internet buffoonary, I see now my text was not seen in the intended context and how easy it is to actually miss the intended context as vocal inflection (i.e. tee hee hee) does not translate well over a purely digital medium except maybe ventrillo.  

Rellik San
Crew

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:04 pm
i wear about 4 different kilts, 1 utilikilt, 1 set of monks robes (darn comfy in the spring and fall), and numerous sarongs and tie-ups (like a sarong but not as much material...think egyptian loincloth that comes down to the knees made out of linen). as far as wearing a women's skirt? i'll have to pass....the fit is all wrong for a guy, and the hippie stuff is too frilly for me...i'll stick to my kilts and sarongs....thank you.

(romans soldiers wore a version of the toga, that they sort of ripped off from the greeks in the neo classical period. before that, everyone sort of wore long monk like robes of varying styles until one of the crazy cesears decided he was decended from the greek gods, and made everyone dress like the greeks. hollywood didn't help the image much either, until the Rome series was aired on HBO)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:21 pm
So true. Why can't a guy wear a nice little summer dress or something like that. Women have so many damn accessories and some of there stuff is just way cuter. I believe it should all depend on your body type. Just look at the clothes on gaia. Some of it looks good on a female avatar and some looks good on a male avatar and even some looks good on both. Why not intermingle clothes.  

Dance Passion

Autumn Caledonia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:36 pm
Keevan Draco
i wear about 4 different kilts, 1 utilikilt, 1 set of monks robes (darn comfy in the spring and fall), and numerous sarongs and tie-ups (like a sarong but not as much material...think egyptian loincloth that comes down to the knees made out of linen). as far as wearing a women's skirt? i'll have to pass....the fit is all wrong for a guy, and the hippie stuff is too frilly for me...i'll stick to my kilts and sarongs....thank you.

(romans soldiers wore a version of the toga, that they sort of ripped off from the greeks in the neo classical period. before that, everyone sort of wore long monk like robes of varying styles until one of the crazy cesears decided he was decended from the greek gods, and made everyone dress like the greeks. hollywood didn't help the image much either, until the Rome series was aired on HBO)

Well, true enough, there are tons of women's skirts I wouldn't wear since they just wouldn't look right on me. Some however look fine and fit just fine. And I personally keep away from the frilly stuff, but that's just my personal taste.

But all the more power to you and your kilts and sarongs! You're still helping the movement.

Dance Passion

So true. Why can't a guy wear a nice little summer dress or something like that. Women have so many damn accessories and some of there stuff is just way cuter. I believe it should all depend on your body type. Just look at the clothes on gaia. Some of it looks good on a female avatar and some looks good on a male avatar and even some looks good on both. Why not intermingle clothes.

Yeah, that's been one of my reasons for breaking out of the men's fashion norm. I've just felt rather limited.
As for the Gaia thing, that's a good point too.

Rellik San
I'm sorry

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:54 pm
Alana Darkblade

Rellik San
I'm sorry

Thank you.

No problems.

Even though thats a pretty arrogant response considering.... i mean I humble myself for a simple thanks.

Rellik San
Crew

Autumn Caledonia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:25 pm
Satan on Speed
I say if that's what the person wants to do, go for it. That is a very good point that due to anatomy, it would make more sense for men to wear skirts. I can't say i'd be too comfortable around a guy in a mini-skirt, though.

Haha, yeah. I personally wouldn't try to stick myself into a mini skirt, but that's largely due to the fact that it just wouldn't look good on me. My kilts, skirts and shorts all stay below the knee.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:01 am
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. There's actually quite a few guys at my school that wear skirts on a regular basis.
@speed: Haha, I actually saw a guy in a miniskirt downtown the other day. x] It wasnt very flattering on him, though..  

minxx in wonderland

Tipsy Elder

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:12 pm
my first boyfriend had a kilt that he liked to wear. I didn't have a problem with it, and neither did anyone else at my school cause it was just what he did  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:04 pm
Well, hell yeah!

Why not? If the guy wears other things that complement the skirt, just let them do it.

But I'd rather crossdress fully though, which I want to.  

Lord_Lupus

5,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tetsuki Inuri Yumi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:55 pm
I agree  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff