Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
On the Path to find a Path Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xayim XVI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:36 pm
Interesting...thanks Collowrath! I think I will look more into integrating Greek rituals into my practices! I'd never really thought of that.

See, I don't worship Apollo as a Greek God persay, I just have been using the name. Though, you both have a point. You're saying by using the name incorrectly, I'm dishonoring him, right?

*Edit* Do either of you have any suggestions as to where to find information about Greek rituals and such?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:56 am
You're welcome!

I don't think that's what we're saying about Apollo at all - I think what is being said is that if it's not Apollo, then it's not Apollo. I think Nuri was simply wondering why you would use the name in place of the Horned God when both have distinctly different mythologies.

I don't think I've ever really seen a "How-to" guide for Hellenism - which is probably a good thing. The first sticky on the front page is Nuri's PM and link list. It has good suggestions for sources on Hellenism.  

Collowrath

Opalescent_violet_14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:59 pm
Well, I just joined this guild today, mainly because I was directed to it by a lot of people in a thread of mine. I saw this thread and read through it because I'm looking for a path to call my own. I'm 14 and I also share an interest in Greek mythology. I was wondering if anyone could give me a link to something that would help me learn a little more about... Hellenic? I'm not sure if that's right. Just telling me about it would be appreciated as well. I'm just trying to figure what deities I would use, and then I can work out some more. I've been researching paganism since about April. I'm a little impatient but I'm working on that, and I would appreciate words that a person that hasn't studied paganism a lot would know. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:18 pm
a n n i v i
I was wondering if anyone could give me a link to something that would help me learn a little more about... Hellenic? I'm not sure if that's right.
Hellenic Polytheism? Hellenic just means "Greek".
Quote:

I'm just trying to figure what deities I would use,
Why would you use gods?

Nuri's Mentoring Thread
Theoi  

TeaDidikai

Opalescent_violet_14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:37 pm
Yes, that's what I meant. Well MissDracoMalfoy1993 was talking about Apollo... I don't really know. Can you just tell me about Hellenic polytheism MissDracoMalfoy1993 or anyone else who has any idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:39 pm
a n n i v i
Yes, that's what I meant. Well MissDracoMalfoy1993 was talking about Apollo... I don't really know. Can you just tell me about Hellenic polytheism MissDracoMalfoy1993 or anyone else who has any idea.

Tea has given you two VERY helpful links neutral Have you looked at them?

ETA:
I feel like I should add also, that if this is something you really want, prepare to work hard for it. If you want something easy that is handed to you on a silver platter, then there are plenty of pop-pagan books out there that will tell you the what and how, usually with little substance behind them.

I might suggest taking a step back for a second and asking yourself if you are ready to put forth the effort and energy to learn.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

NESTOR94

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:51 am
hi im anthony im starting to look in to paganism and wicca. and i dont know what to do i dont belive in the bible nor jewish religion so i dont know can anyone give me some advice please  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:28 am
NESTOR94
hi im anthony im starting to look in to paganism and wicca. and i dont know what to do i dont belive in the bible nor jewish religion so i dont know can anyone give me some advice please

This area is for specific paths. If you are looking for mentoring, please go to that section. If you want to ask general questions, please go into the main forum.  

maenad nuri
Captain

PathWays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas