Reply The Music Artists Guild
Have You Ever Performed? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Peek Aw Chu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:03 am
I tended to have this problem in my first few performances.
Eventually I found something about judges: They're going to judge you the same whether you're nervous or not, so why not be y'know not nervous so you can make a good impression.
That and there's always soul and feeling in my voice (that's what I get for having 3 different voices. Bass, Baritone, and Tenor) when I sing, so I assume I'm going to end up feeling what I'm saying. Y'know?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:58 am
AesopGrimm21
Eventually I found something about judges: They're going to judge you the same whether you're nervous or not, so why not be y'know not nervous so you can make a good impression.
That and there's always soul and feeling in my voice (that's what I get for having 3 different voices. Bass, Baritone, and Tenor) when I sing, so I assume I'm going to end up feeling what I'm saying. Y'know?

I feel this is easier said then done... I've gone on stage a number of times thinking, "ok, I know my s**t... there is no possible why I'm going to screw up" and then the second I take a step into the limelight my palms are sweaty and my jaw clenches up.  

Sarcasmics

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:41 pm
Sarcasmics
AesopGrimm21

I feel this is easier said then done... I've gone on stage a number of times thinking, "ok, I know my s**t... there is no possible why I'm going to screw up" and then the second I take a step into the limelight my palms are sweaty and my jaw clenches up.

you get used to it. after my first show it wasnt really a problem anymore. also playing in front of ppl as much as possible helps. i play for ppl at college  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:06 pm
i don't really mind as much as much as i used to... when people would ask me to sing just to hear my voice i always felt like i was showing off and that my voice wasn't that good...now tho, i love performing in front of people but i don't enjoy showing off (though i must admit my chest swells with pride every time i get a compliment) it feels stand-offish and rude... i was at my friend Jenna's house two days ago and she had apparently been telling her mom about my voice... we were going swimming and i went to go change... when i came back her mom was almost nagging at me to perform, she made me promise before i left that i would sing for her when i got back. i was nervous and i was kinda shy but i promised... i got back and sang and i felt the thrill of hearing my voice bring the words to life and my chest swell with pride when i was complemented again... i still get nervous when i sing in front of even one person but it always helps (in my opinion) to just sing like you are all alone and there is no one else in there and to let the words take over your voice...that is what always helps me... but i probably wouldn't know much i will after all only be 13 this friday but still sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop  

Only Shades of Gray

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Tim SoulSurfer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:50 pm
I love performing. The applause and the crowds...its a great feeling.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:02 pm
Of course I get nervous. I'm first chair cello in the highest group at my school, so I feel the pressure. But, then I realize that I'm not the only person who is nervous. That helps me calm down. Performing solos always makes me nervous though, but I practice a lot so it doesn't affect my performance.

Besides, the applause afterwards is always worth it.

shostakovicellist

cindylouwho101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:38 am
When I was 10 I sang and played guitar at a coffee house. When I saw how many people were there- every seat was filled- I got a little nervous. Midway through the song, my fingers got a little fumbly and I screwed up on a hard chord. I fixed it immediately but it was obvious the audience had noticed. Oh well, the show must go on, right?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:06 pm
I perform in front of judges and audiences at least four times a year with piano recitals and competitions, and I'm still nervous, after four years of getting great scores and having fantastic audiences. Competing in music will make you very nervous but you just have to do your best!  

Oh My Moose

Paul Scags

250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:45 pm
Back In high school I had the chance to play In front of about 600 to 1000 people. Parents, friends and teachers. But I was scared as hell sad

My band mate at the time went threw with the concert and was amazing judging by the video I watched.

I gave up a great opportunity and I regret It now.
emo  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:27 am
I always perform adequately, but never as well as I did when I was practicing by myself an hour before. sweatdrop  

Queen-of-Sarcastica

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:49 am
AesopGrimm21
I've never played for a judge, but I've played for audiences a few times, and honestly...I find if I don't look at their faces...I feel invincible. XD I'd rather play music for thousand people I don't know than for 1 person who's close to me, it's weird. But there's no feeling better than being onstage...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:58 pm
The last time I performed was very long ago.  

alexandria rose thorn

Sionja

Gracious Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:04 pm
As I'm in college studying music, I usually perform at least twice a month (regularly more), though I haven't done anything since Dec 5th (in the choir for Messiah, uhg). I usually have an ensemble concert every two months during the semester and a chamber music concert once a month (solo or in an ensemble). Spring tends to be a bit more hectic than the fall, though, with competitions and whatnot. This past October, I did my junior recital, which was fun (though I'm still glad I'm done with it).  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:59 pm
i have been preforming for like 4 years or so and i still get really scared. my mom thinks im a adrenaline junkie. XD lmao but really i think being scared helps co it lets u feel a sense of accomplishment at the end coz u might be good at what u do but it reminds u that every one gets scared and no matter how good u are ur still just like every one else. i dont kno thats just how i look at it ninja  

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

babystarkatt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:15 pm
I think anyone who ever has performed has felt that way at least once.  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff