A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Music as a career? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you tought of a career within music?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:12 pm
BTW, checking your profile, you seem more like an emo than a rocker to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:27 pm
Ferrum Sanctus
BTW, checking your profile, you seem more like an emo than a rocker to me.

O.o depends. what is an emo to you?  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:30 am
Someone who listens to emo music, whines about unnecessary stuff, thinks his girlfriend is the best in the world, just because she happens to like him etc. etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:31 am
Bump.

Also, your picture is the world famous emo guitarist angle.  

Ferrum Sanctus

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:18 am
true emo isnt about whining at all. dont live your life by stereotypes.
and what is emo music? lol, and a self shot is a self shot. theres really not many ways for one to take pics of themselves.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:24 am
also if im so "emo" the anti-emo guild probably wouldnt have let me join let alone promote me.  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

AoibhealDragonheart

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:15 pm
When I was younger (an influenced by much *ahem* music from the '90's) there was nothing I wanted more than to be up on stage singing for a living, but as I grew older and realized many of my other talents(not to mention being put down by bullies left, right and centre) I sort of forgot about that dream and moved onto others, only later was it again realized that I wanted a part in music whether it be as the writer of the great noise we call music or as a performer of some kind in it(whether playing an instrument or singing it). So I wrote songs and I sang alot more than I used to, and depending on who you ask they will either tell you I'm good or bad, frankly my own opinion is somewhat shadowed by all those years of bully-ing crying But it doesn't really matter anymore. But even through all the years that dream I had at five years old never really died or went away for long. So yes, I would definately consider a career in the music industry. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:28 pm
I kinda have a career in music but I don't get paid for it unfortunately sad
I'm trying to start a band, but I need to learn guitar more first, otherwise the only thing I got is my voice.  

I_ISH_BRITISH_WIN

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:50 am
On This Night
true emo isnt about whining at all. dont live your life by stereotypes.
and what is emo music? lol, and a self shot is a self shot. theres really not many ways for one to take pics of themselves.

Okay, so what do you think 'true emo' is? For me it just sounds like more whining and incapability of taking care of oneself.

I do not live my life by stereotypes, but find out almost everything by myself, which did lead me to my view of emos.

Emo music (As wikipedia defines it): Emo (pronounced /ˈiːmoʊ/) is a style of rock music typically characterized by melodic musicianship and expressive, often confessional lyrics. It originated in the mid-1980s hardcore punk movement of Washington, D.C., where it was known as "emotional hardcore" or "emocore" and pioneered by bands such as Rites of Spring and Embrace.

Now, I want to bring up this particular line: where it was known as "emotional hardcore" or "emocore".

Didn't you say you listen to emotional hardcore, not emo? Well, as far as I can see they're the same music. Boom, headshot.

Also, don't you have any friends? Besides, most cameras nowadays do have a timer function.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:16 am
I would like to play for a living but I'll most likely teach on the side for a little extra xd  

Doodle2215

omgyerface

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 pm
I would LOVE to have a career in music. It is my passion, not a hobby.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:08 pm
I'm 15 and I definatly want a career in music.. My friend and I are working on our acoustic guitar skills and trying to put together some songs.. It's harder than it sounds though gonk  

Moneysucks

jump2020206

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:58 pm
yes I have thought about music being my career. In fact I inspire to be a professional musician. I plan to have music as my career but not as a music teacher. I would probably be pretty good at being a teacher but it's not my thing. I am going to perform.

I may not be able to have it as a main job but thats what I'm aiming for. (music as a main job that is) heart 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:57 pm
My family is very musically inclined, and for at least three generations there is a band history somewhere. I would love to start a career in music, but it is almost impossible to make a living unless you become famous. (in my opinion, at least)

Oh, and about that whole, "ask any rocker it's about sex, drugs," crap. not true. I hate those things. (well, except sex xd ) Rock is just as much expression as any other style. That is a stereotype whether you agree or not. neutral  

Septdactyly

The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces