Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Theoretical question about the Emperor. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Emperor: Live, Die or Reincarnate?
Live
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
Die
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
Reincarnate
40%
 40%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 35

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:00 pm
Fan theories suck.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:31 pm
Fan theories aside, for Apocalyptic ending nothing seems fit more than Return of the Emperor (and missing Primarchs!) for final showdown with Chaos and assorted Xenos.
But that would not happen, after all we dont need a game with only daemons warring over ruins of Imperium - nor do we need Necrons coexisting peacefully with Nids (Necrons have no DNA to digest, and Bugs dont have individual souls to harvest...)
Anyway Emperor was blind as a mole and naive as a child - at least Eldrad and Magnus warned him of the treachery of Horus, probably others too.
And the fool sent Space Wolves against loyal Primarch, forcing him to join the rebels!  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:16 pm
Actually, official canon states that in another ten millennia the Imperium will be dead. It has been dying ever since the end of the Heresy.

However, the game will not advance to that point. The story hasn't moved forward by almost a decade now, only just have we passed into the forty second millennium. Both 40k and Fantasy suffer from fixed world settings where very little changes and with good reason. Just look at the Eye of Terror campaign that nearly engulfed Cadia, not a good thing when in a few months time a new Imperial Guard codex is to be released with Cadians as the main focus! Same with the Storm of Chaos campaign, which almost saw Middenheim fall, a major city of the Empire. Instead Gav and Andy quickly tampered with the final results so that the background is largely unchanged. Just look at what they did to Sigmar.

GW might be better served with revisiting the past. They have all these holes and gaps in the history of their background, holes that can be filled up with other events that shape things to come in less drastic ways.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:17 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Fan theories suck.
Fan theories take a turn for worse when they are accepted as canon, which happens all the time. If people would just keep that fact straight it can be amusing to see idiots whine about the Emperor wanting peace with the Eldar (lie), the Emperor being a God (LIE) and Horus being the one sitting on the Golden Throne now (******** LIES).  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:22 am
Lt. Brookman
Kaori Kapoigne
Fan theories suck.
Fan theories take a turn for worse when they are accepted as canon, which happens all the time. If people would just keep that fact straight it can be amusing to see idiots whine about the Emperor wanting peace with the Eldar (lie), the Emperor being a God (LIE) and Horus being the one sitting on the Golden Throne now (******** LIES).
I heard that the Emperor is actually an Empress, Horus is still alive, all the Primarchs will return for a family reunion and the Empress had tea and scones with Eldrad. The Empress also gave birth to a slew of children who are the sensei and they are hunted by the illuminati so they can be sacrificed and turned into a new host body for the empress. The void dragon sleeps inside mars and will some day awaken to eat terra. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:04 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Lt. Brookman
Kaori Kapoigne
Fan theories suck.
I heard that the Emperor is actually an Empress, Horus is still alive, all the Primarchs will return for a family reunion and the Empress had tea and scones with Eldrad. The Empress also gave birth to a slew of children who are the sensei and they are hunted by the illuminati so they can be sacrificed and turned into a new host body for the empress. The void dragon sleeps inside mars and will some day awaken to eat terra. talk2hand

Aside from the Empress thing, you just summed what I think will happen up in two sentences...
But the Emperor is male because in the Horus Heresy the Priest of the last church of Terra ends up talking to him, after he's taken his cloaking field off.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:10 pm
The Void Dragon is held captive as of now (41st millennium) and is still held there. The novel Mechanicum has a whole sub-plot that delves into this.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:37 pm
So.. All the answers are out there, in print by GW?  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:13 pm
Basically, some bits are and some aren't.
The whole new Imperium is going away from the Emperors ideals and going after the book Lorgor wrote, the Leviticus something or other, and think of the Emperor as a God, which he hated and had a go at Lorgor for when he was still alive.
So yea....
The new Imperium fails abit.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:50 pm
Lorgar. And the book is called the Leviticus Divinato.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:23 pm
Lt. Brookman
Lorgar. And the book is called the Leviticus Divinato.

Odd, isn't it? That the Imperium's religion is based around a book written by one of the leading legions of Chaos?

But it's about par for the course in 40k, I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:25 am
I thought it was the Divinitatus or something, but I dont have the book present, so I'll take your word for it.
Yea, Ironic is the word.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:25 am
Most answers are written down actually and I'm sure GW is hard at work providing the answers for all the big questions. I'm looking forward to the two books that revolve around the fall of Propsero. You can't go wrong with a book called "Prospero Burns" written by Dan Abnett himself. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:35 pm
I believe the Emperor sould live, I just do, he holds the empire together with just his spirit and gides the forces of man in their battle against Chaos and Aliens.

Well that is what I think, just my thoughts on this topic.....on need to kill anyone..... burning_eyes  

Shadow_of_Malus

Romantic Fatcat

Death Sharpie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:00 pm
I love this whole "If the Imperium falls, we are all doomed!"

I personally think, if the Imperium falls, within the next thousand years, the Tau would slowly start taking over the galaxy. Being a race that is not Pysker potent, they have little chance of being corrupt. For the humans and other races not corrupted from the Emperor dieing and Daemons coming out from every where, would run towards the Tau for protection, but a lot, not sure how many, humans will not agree.

These humans, will either A. be devoured by Demons, b.taken over by Tau by force, c. will form new empires, D. will try to make a glorious last stand as the Imperium. As for Marines, I have very little clue to what they would do, maybe start making Guerrilla tactics against the Tau. The Inquisition......have no idea what they will try to do, and would rather not go there.

but in the end, we truly have no idea what would happen in the aftermath of the Emperor dieing, or if he would die at all.  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff