Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
new to Wicca Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:43 pm
@too2sweet: Well that complicates matters a bit. Unfortunately, one of the main things these various eclectic paths have in common is the decontextualization of Wicca. Which is hardly a good thing to unite based on.

CuAnnan
Recursive Paradox
Didn't someone suggest at some point that Neo "wicca" be called British Witchcraft

Why British Witchcraft?
Why not American Witchcraft?

I really couldn't say. It wasn't my suggestion and the reasons for the country name applied weren't made clear in the thread I looked in.

And like too2sweet pointed out above for the British name, there's probably American Witchcraft groups out there that wouldn't appreciate the decontextualizers thrown in their direction.

The whole situation is very "not in my backyard" unfortunately.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:50 am
There is always the Standing Stone tradition of witchcraft.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:46 am
Neko Wyndy Wytch

What do you mean?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:43 pm
Recursive Paradox
Neko Wyndy Wytch

What do you mean?
Scott Cunninghams book Wicca for the Solitary Practioner teaches a tradition he created called the Standing Stone tradition. It's a solitary tradition based off what Cunningham knew about Wicca.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Ray of Mel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:38 pm
I have personaly pledged myself to the horned god and triple goddess by addapting a self-initiation ritual, i do not consider myself a full wiccan but i do believe that forming a promise to ones beliefs with one's dieties is a nice step that allows for personal growth until the day that one can be brought into a comunity of said beliefs. Currently i practise based mostly on intuition and some pointers, if i am so far off that i should be slapped please send me mean pm's sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:57 pm
Ray of Mel
I have personaly pledged myself to the horned god and triple goddess by addapting a self-initiation ritual

How do you know you actually pledged yourself to them?

Neko Wyndy Wytch
Recursive Paradox
Neko Wyndy Wytch

What do you mean?
Scott Cunninghams book Wicca for the Solitary Practioner teaches a tradition he created called the Standing Stone tradition. It's a solitary tradition based off what Cunningham knew about Wicca.

So I guess in that way it would have familiarity to the decontexualizers.  

Recursive Paradox

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:19 pm
Ray of Mel
I have personaly pledged myself to the horned god and triple goddess by addapting a self-initiation ritual, i do not consider myself a full wiccan but i do believe that forming a promise to ones beliefs with one's dieties is a nice step that allows for personal growth until the day that one can be brought into a comunity of said beliefs. Currently i practise based mostly on intuition and some pointers, if i am so far off that i should be slapped please send me mean pm's sweatdrop

To be more accurate, what you performed was most likely a self-dedication ritual.
Initiation is a process of rites/rituals one must undergo in order to be taken into a group. If there's no group, it's not really an initiation.
3nodding .  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:16 am
Ray of Mel
...i do not consider myself a full wiccan but i do believe that forming a promise to ones beliefs with one's dieties is a nice step that allows for personal growth until the day that one can be brought into a comunity of said beliefs.
Wica isn't about beliefs. It's about "right practice".  

TeaDidikai

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:03 am
Recursive Paradox

So I guess in that way it would have familiarity to the decontexualizers.
It has it's own theology and everything. It's a good path, just has the wrong title.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:57 pm
I never considered it a full initiation. just a promise to the lord and lady  

Ray of Mel

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:33 pm
Ray of Mel
I never considered it a full initiation. just a promise to the lord and lady
Which lord and lady?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff