Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Pyro Philebas's skecthbook -06/01/09- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:33 am
Draw the grids. That way, you don't forget where your VP is and your where horizon is. It will help keep your parallels parallel until you can do it without the guides.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:27 pm
Um, Errol, could you show me an example of a grid? I know what you're talking about, but I want to make sure I'm not misinterpreting anything.  

Penlink

ACDC1551

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:29 pm
your drawings have some wonky proportions try studying a little bit of human anatomy smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:12 pm
Hi everyone!
It's been a while since I posted anything here as I've been busy with college. Even now that's the case, so it makes it hard to post anything off DeviantArt at times. crying

Anyways let's get started!

User Image
]

*edit* Sorry about that, but I can't seem to remember how to post an image here from DA, so this link will go to the image.

This is the current project that I'm doing for a color theory class, and what I'm doing for this is using music to create an album cover. So I'm using this track called Lucid Dream for the coloring part.

Now you guys don't have to listen to Lucid Dream, but it might help me if you do! smile Nor do you have listen to all of it, just a bit of it will do.

So I wanted to ask what sort of color or color(s) comes to mind when you listen to Lucid Dream? Then also how intense is the color is it and how vivid is it? Lastly, what mood comes to mind?

Last thing to ask is, are there any anatomy errors or places for improvement in the album cover?  

Penlink

Penlink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:29 am
link
It's the finished image of the last one, however I feel unsatisfied with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:18 am
In the picture of the girl, something is off with her pose, it has something to do with how she's supporting herself (or rather it doesn't seem like she is). Her feet don't look like they are supporting her. They should be tucked more into her body and her butt could probably be lower to the ground. When people squat, unless it's for an excercise or trying to hover, the body's going to relax lower to the ground.

You gotta take control of your palatte, that is too busy. It's too many colors going on and they're all competeing for attention. You've got the saturated colors on the people, heavily implied hair shines, and then the blatant glow of the symbols and the purple smoke. Some of those visual affects need to be simplified and toned down. And not all of you're colors need to be super duper vivid. Basically every thing is a focal point, but you need to pick something to emphasize. Muted or dark colors fade into the background, and you can always tint things so it's not so bright and in-your-face.  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers