Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
iStarcast's Goal to lose 10.7 pounds (not a lot o.o) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think 10.7 pounds is good enough for me?
  Yes! It's perfect
  No, you are going to be underweight,,,
  eh...
  Other (if so, please post)
View Results

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:04 pm
0.7 pounds? You must have a really good scale... I ENVY YOU. >.<;; [still lacks a scale]

Was your diet really different from this before you started your diet? Your daily calorie intake still looks pretty low. I find it better, personally, to post entries at night (after I'm done eating the whole day's worth of stuff) in case I stuff myself after I post breakfast & lunch.

Eating salad doesn't really undo junk food damage that efficiently, especially if it's with dressing. ToT If lettuce is not that tasty w/o dressing, I'd say switch to other fruits/vegetables... carrots & apples & etc. do have more calories than lettuce, but they're tasty and nutritious and much more natural than salad dressing w/ its preservatives + salt + oils.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:43 pm
Ugh, I keep eating less and less when I'm sick...
This is terrible. I refuse to eat school lunch because it is loaded with grease...
You can actually see it drip onto the tray...
So I usually wait until I go home so I can eat (yes, very unhealthy)...
I tend to eat MORE when I eat breakfast which is really weird. Then I gain more weight that I'm suppose to lose which sucks. But anyways, I have seen progress in my weight loss and I'm going to keep at it but eat in a healthier way. T-T
I just can't seem to eat healthy...

Cattilia

Cattilia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm
Yes, I know. I haven't been keeping this up cause of my so called 'laziness' but here it is... I'm going to start over. I found out that my BMI is about 20.9 that is in the healthy zone but in the HIGH healthy zone... I want to be in the middle to low healthy zone so I don't have to worry about getting overweight or close to overweight...
OH! I have lost about .9 pounds in the 3 days! That is a huge improvement for me because I usually lose weight really slowly... To prove that exercise DOES make a difference in weight loss, I usually lose about .7 pounds in 11 days from not exercising, just doing regular things like school, walking to pick up my sister, etc. Basically, a normal boring day. But when I DO exercise, I feel great about myself even if I have sore muscles. During the last 3 days, I have been practicing how to play handball (or learning since I don't know how) and yeah... I lost almost a pound from doing that! I was sweating a lot and was wearing a hoodie (to keep from getting sunburned) and sweating even more because of that. When I got extremely sweaty (well... not much), I took it off and kept on playing while sweating. I think that was a good way for me to lose weight.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:00 pm
Day 1:

Breakfast:
Waffles with lite syrup- about 400?
Herbal tea- 20

Lunch:
2 eggs (Sunny side up)- 200-300

Dinner:
Rice with meat- 450

Snacks:
Small bag of chips- 120

Total:

Notes:

I feel my jeans getting looser!

Cattilia

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:08 pm
If school lunches are loaded with grease = eating after you get home is definitely better. Better yet = pack your own healthy lunch! Eating a large breakfast is good, because you will burn off the calories throughout the day (eat very little for dinner/after you are done with the day's activities).

Jeans getting looser = good sign. Keep up the good work! ^o^ ♥

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:06 pm
Strawberry Candy Fantasy
If school lunches are loaded with grease = eating after you get home is definitely better. Better yet = pack your own healthy lunch! Eating a large breakfast is good, because you will burn off the calories throughout the day (eat very little for dinner/after you are done with the day's activities).

I try to pack my own lunch but I can't because I don't have bread/turkey to make a sandwich or anything and I don't have enough money to buy it so I just come home to make myself something to eat.  

Cattilia

Cattilia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:24 pm
Day 2:

Really bad... crying
(Not in a stuffing-myself-full bad, more like a I-didn't-have-anything-that-I-like-in-the-house-to-eat-so-I-didn't-eat-a-lot-today-so-I-basically-starved bad...)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:30 pm
Day 3:

Breakfast:
Melon Bread- 200
Bubble Tea- 200

Lunch:
Green Tea- 160
Sushi (5 pieces?)- 300

Dinner:
Skipped. Too full...

Snacks:
Small portion of ice cream- 80

Total:

Notes:
Had bad stomach ache due to me getting my period today...

Cattilia

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:31 pm
iStarcast
Strawberry Candy Fantasy

I try to pack my own lunch but I can't because I don't have bread/turkey to make a sandwich or anything and I don't have enough money to buy it so I just come home to make myself something to eat.

...ehh. Ask parents for money? Have parents buy bread/turkey? >__<;;
Are your parents aware of + supporting your weight loss?
It helps to have parents supporting. ^o^ [motivation-wise and especially money-wise, heh heh]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:37 am
Seraphsody
900 calories is starving yourself, if you eat only 900 calories in a day you're going to screw with your metabolism by making it slow down, it's worrisome. What's more is that all of those things are empty calories. But from your previous entry I can see that's not the usual for you. However, you need to eat more.

There is no healthy weight that requires just 1000 calories a day to maintain.

It's worrisome because if you intend to start exercising, you'll find yourself exhausted and your body will start eating your muscles to stave off starvation. I had a hard time with 1400 calories per day when I was really active.

So try to eat more, it's the best way to keep yourself from going crazy and binging or getting sick/hurting yourself.

A BMR for you, at 5' tall, (I said you were 19) at 98lb is 1200 calories a day, that's the caloric intake it takes to sustain that weight on your frame if you're lying in bed practically comatose.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Calculate it for yourself. Multiply it by 1.2 if you want to lead a moderately active lifestyle. You'll be surprised.

Cool, so my BMR is 1428, but I have a fairly high metabolism I think. Either way, I think even a 2000 calorie diet would be insufficient for me, I'm very active.

To the OP: Did you say you were 12? I just don't think at that age you should have to count calories... It might be a good idea to do so for a year or so while you figure out what a good amount of food is for your activity level, but to be doing that for the rest of your life! eek

The best tip I can give is simply snack on veggies as often as possible, which will leave you less hungry when you end up eating less healthy things. Never go hungry, even for an hour. There's a difference between stopping before you're full, and still being hungry an hour later. I have at least 5 meals a day xd But they are quite small. And I'm able to buy and pack my own lunches, so I make sure to only pack healthy things, no temptations. You said you don't like exercising, that's fine, but what about simply being active? How about joining a sport club or team? Offering to walk your neighbors dog? Biking to school?  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Cattilia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:51 am
@ Crazy Cat Reincarnated:
I don't have any school teams I can join because I had to join in the beginning of the year. I was planning to just count calories till I get into the low healthy zone (to prevent being overweight quick). Now, I just go out shopping, hanging with friends and school which helps me lose some of the weight that I'm losing right now! I basically just go outside and play now besides studying for finals. Usually, at night I just do these exercise things for about 10 minutes before I go to sleep. But for now, I just eat less and healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:15 pm
Yes, I know... I haven't been posting a lot lately. I kind of got busy with finals and all... School keeps getting in my way. But during the past 5 days, I lost a total of 1.3 pounds! I'm proud of myself now.

Cattilia

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces