Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Intertwined Genes (Griselda Banks + Akira.S) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:36 pm
((No, this is great; I was planning on skimming through the lesson anyway. We get enough school in our own lives, we don't have to roleplay it too! rolleyes I was thinking, maybe Oliver could have some kind of private session with Xavier (and maybe another teacher or two) so they can ascertain what his powers are. You could play as Xavier...?))

Oliver dazedly shook Jill's hand as she chattered away. For some reason, his mind seemed stuck on the phrase lunch date. What the heck? What was wrong with this girl anyway? Do a better job than Anna? Well, if she meant that she could talk more than Anna, he'd have to agree, but....

The teacher came in at that moment, and Jill thankfully shut up and let Oliver pretend nobody was staring at him when he knew everyone was, if only out of the corners of their eyes. He focused his eyes on a large pink flower he could see outside the window and thought he'd succeeded in keeping his cheeks from turning that shade.

Sure enough, they were assigned an essay - but one about violations of mutant rights, a topic he'd never even thought about before. When the class was done, he looked up in surprise as Anna rushed away. Maybe she didn't want to hang out with him. Maybe she really did think his "power" was stupid. Maybe-

But then Jill started jabbering again, and his mind was strained to its limits just trying to keep up with her questions. "Um...Philly...city...yeah...no...wait...." But Oliver had a nagging thought that she didn't really care what his answers were; she just wanted to be extra-super sociable for some reason or other. And the mutant kids around him were distracting him as well, bursting out with their powers all over the place and making him feel just plain old stupid. He had a feeling he'd get used to feeling stupid pretty soon.

-----

In the corner, the muscular boy stood up, towering a good head-and-shoulders taller than Anna. "And do you really have to be so whiny?" he retorted. "Shove off." Pushing past her, he headed towards the door where a couple friends hailed him as 'Bart'.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:59 pm
((June 12 is my prom so I doubt I'll be able to get a post in depends how tired I am))

The one thing about Anna was that she had a wickd temper...you know the old sayng, 'it's always the quiet ones' and that definately held true for Anna. Only the few who had crossed paths with her or was assigned a training session knew how was she was with her powers and Oliver also knew that...almost first hand. The 'pretty-boy' was rather rude at Anna's polite comment, seeing him treat Oliver the way he did, she stumbled a moment or so after he had pushed past her, heading to the door where a couple of friends decided to meet him. Feeling the blood boil in her cheek she couldn't help but follow him into the hallway - quickly lashing out her right arm holding her hand open like she did with Oliver except this time the blast was more powerful, knocking Bart off his feet down the hall, whirled around before falling flat on his face. It was basically a massive gust of wind or a tornado like wall picking you up and throwing you across the hall.

Anna felt quite accomplished but knew she'd get in trouble for it as she always did. She never really was good at controlling her temper or her powers probably because of the way people treated her in life and at school. She learned to live with most of it but not all of it. Anyway, all the commotion began to stirr in the hall before one of the other teachers had to stop the fight before it continued any further.

-----

In another hallway Jill could hear all the commotion, something like a fight breaking out not too far from Ms. Magoria's room. Closing her eyes to listen in on the conversation she used her powers to focus on that area to see what was going on.

"Seems like Anna got into a fight again...poor baby can't control her temper isn't that sad?" Jill laughed after opening her eyes to face Oliver once again. "Oh right, I forgot to tell you, I have the power of extensive hearing range. Basically I can see by hearing things far away it's being being a spy. But I can only hear from where I've been so like...I can't listen in on conversations in the guy's washroom if I've never been there." it was a really bad example but oh well it was the best she could come up with to explain. "You haven't told me what your powers are, comm'on I bet they're really cool." she kept asking as they walked down the hall together for a moment before they were stopped.

"Oliver." Emma appeared around the corner in another formal icy blue or platinum white outfit which resembled another teacher's outfit, "The Professor would like to see you in replacement to your second class of the day and after that you can take lunch. He just likes to sit down with every student eventually to get to know them on a more personal level. Besides I'm sure you've made a sufficient amount of friends." she smiled while looking over at Jill with another smile. Moving down another hallway, she motioned him to follow her into the Professor's Office which was in a more regal hallway, in a closed off space all by itself however was still used as a classroom.

Akira.S

Dedicated Conversationalist

7,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:59 pm
((That's fine. Hope you have a good time at your prom. Wow, I can't believe we're on the second page already!))

The students clattering noisily along the hallway froze as Bart, one of the largest students in the school, went hurtling to the other end of the hallway like a pillow. When Bart collapsed in a crumpled heap, titters rippled through the hallway. Bart pushed himself to his feet, his face red with embarrassment and anger. "You're dead!" he cried, starting to run towards her, fist raised. Students darted out of the way; everyone knew that Bart could bend bars of iron.

"What seems to be the problem here?" A stern voice crackled through the air, making Bart freeze in his tracks. Another teacher stood in the doorway of her classroom, hands on hips. Her dark skin contrasted sharply with her pure white hair, though she didn't seem very old. Power fairly radiated from her, and even Bart was reluctant to defy her.

"I believe I asked you a question, Bartholemew Fallon," she said sternly.

Bart's fist dropped by his side and he said stiffly, "Nothing, ma'am."

The teacher kept her stern gaze on him for a few moments more, then said, "Let's keep it that way. Now get to your classes, everyone." She disappeared back into her classroom and the level of noise resumed its previous volume. Bart gave Anna one last meaningful glare, then turned and stalked away.

-----

Oliver didn't need Jill's power to hear the sound of shouting, but he had to admit he was surprised that Anna was involved. She hadn't seemed the type to get into fights, but then what did he know about her anyway; he'd just met her yesterday, and why was it bothering him to think about her getting hurt? What? He didn't care if she got hurt. 'Course not! That'd be silly; he'd just met her yesterday...and yet he couldn't get the image of Anna with a black eye and bloody lip out of his mind.

He hadn't been paying much attention to what Jill was saying, until she mentioned his powers. Instantly forgetting about Anna, he felt the heat rising in his cheeks again, and suddenly he became aware of the sheer number of potted plants in these hallways. They were conspiring against him; they had to be.

His silence had just started to seem awkward when his savior appeared in the form of the White Woman from before. He'd never been so happy to see a teacher, especially one telling him he had to go to the principal's office - or the rough equivalent of it, anyway. He gratefully left the talkative Jill behind and followed White Woman down a hallway or two to a wood-paneled office. Oliver's eyes darted to the potted plants as he slowly sank into the leather chair in front of the Professor's desk. Conspiracy. It was all a conspiracy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:24 am
((you can't believe it? we can only get 2 posts in a day lolz))

Once Oliver had left, Jill waved him off and spun around like a little girl with a big smile on her face and headed off to class like the rest of the students.

-----

The Professor wasn't teacher a class so it was the perfect time to see Oliver, "Your first day at a new school." he turned around in the wheelchair at his desk with a smile folding his fingers together, "how was it, or rather how is it so far?" he wasn't as persistant as Jillian but he still asked questions to answers he already knew just to be polite of course.

"Now Oliver, the reason I called you here because I like to see what my students can really do with their powers, I want to know where the source comes from and what feeds the manifestation of your powers. If you don't mind...I'd like to see them." The professor once again politely asked, he really was so polite not that that was unnatural it was just so strange he had so much respect for his students; wanting to get to know them at a better more personal level.

Akira.S

7,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:35 pm
"It was fine," Oliver said, knowing that was the proper response in such cases, even if so far the day had been everything but fine. Great job, Oliver. Not even here for twenty-four hours, and already got on everyone's wrong side except the really annoying people. Typical.

Then Professor Xavier asked about his powers. For the umpteenth time that day, Oliver's cheeks grew red. Why did everyone have to be so curious about his powers? Wasn't it enough that he'd been dragged here? Wasn't it enough that he was just a mutant? Didn't that make him weird enough? But no, of course not, he had to display his stupid.... But the Professor was waiting for him to explain what made him a mutant.

Oliver mumbled to his feet the same story he'd told Anna the day before - about getting teased, and making huge flowers grow up all around him. He stared determinedly at the paperweight on the Professor's desk, trying (and failing) to convince himself that he was alone in his room. But if he was alone, he wouldn't be telling himself a memory he wished he could forget, so the illusion was broken pretty easily. As he neared the end of his tale, Oliver saw something out of the corner of his eye, turned his head slightly, and saw to his horror that it was happening. It was actually happening again.

There was some kind of bamboo-like potted plant behind the Professor's desk, and as Oliver watched, letting the last words of his story fade away on his lips, the stalks grew to enormous size, bending and twisting towards him. His cheeks burned hotter and hotter, and the plant just grew and grew at an impossible speed, getting closer and closer to him. Suddenly he felt a pang of fear. What if they didn't stop? What if they surrounded him, wrapped around him, suffocated him? Unconsciously, his hands gripped the leather arms of his chair, the knuckles growing white. Then the bamboo stalks veered away, careering off in all directions, shooting crazily away, hitting the walls, and filling the room with greenery. Terror filled Oliver's body as he sat frozen amongst the plant that just wouldn't stop growing. It was him, it was all him, and he couldn't stop it, couldn't stop it, he was going to die, the plants were going to kill him....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:22 pm
((Sorry if the rp's serious....I need a lesson on being non-serious maybe you can help with that))

The Professor understood Oliver's story, listening as did Anna of Oliver's lack of 'manly powers' which he was clearly ashamed of. While listeing to the story he couldn't help but hear some shuffling behind him. Oliver's gaze also seemed to be focused on something other than the Professor which made it obvious something was going on. Turning to watch the plants behind him grow he couldn't help but look at Oliver...noticing he was turning white almost like he feared his powers and feared the plants themselves.

'Calm down Oliver they're just plants, they will only harm you if you let them.' The Professor said telepathically into Oliver's mind. 'You need to be calm, do not fear your powers but embrace them. I can only help you control them if you want to be helped.' he explained still calm and focused on Oliver and not the plants growing ferociously behind him. 'Think of something that calms your mind, something to get your mind off the plants and I promise they won't hurt you...let me help you Oliver.' putting the tips of his fingers the sides of his head he began to help Oliver search his memory for something pleasant to think about.

-----

Outside during a training session; running the obstacle course with her classmates Anna couldn't help be distracted by something in the air...she wasn't sure what it was but it was distracting to say the least. So distracting she was hit with one of the discus(sp) being tossed at her by machines and knocked out of the course, something a lot of people were surprised at as they began whispering, even when Anna made it over to them after the course had finished in some form of shame keeping her gaze away.

Akira.S

7,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:44 am
((Um...why don't we want the rp to be serious?))

In the midst of the terror that gripped Oliver like a straitjacket, he heard a calm voice, almost mesmerizing, perfectly measured and tranquil, as if commenting on the weather. He latched onto that voice, as if he was drowning and he suddenly felt a hand grip his wrist. Actually, that had happened to him once, hadn't it? He'd been eight, visiting his aunt and uncle in Washington state, and he'd gone walking along the pier...he'd looked over the side...and then he'd found the ice-cold water over his head, gushing into his lungs and pulling him downward. The same terror filled his mind now, immobilizing him, making him unable to do anything but panic.

But his father had seen him go under, that time on the Washington pier, and Oliver had been pulled out of the icy water by his father's strong arms. Professor Xavier was like that, now. Like his father - strong, calm. Just take my hand, Oliver, his father had said. Hold tight...calm down...I'm not letting you go.

The fear trickled away as he remembered his father's soothing voice, and slowly Oliver's breathing evened out, his hands released the arms of his chair, and the plant stopped growing. Oliver could tell, somehow. It was like some invisible energy had been pouring out of him, but now was cut off. It left him feeling slightly drained, and he could only sit in his chair with his eyes closed at first. After a few moments, Oliver tentatively opened his eyes and chanced a look around the room. The stalks of the plant covered the floor, some of the stalks as big around as small tree trunks, and some of the stalks struck at the walls at odd angles.

Taking a deep breath, Oliver slowly returned his gaze to Xavier. "Thanks," he said softly. "And...sorry about your room. I'll clean it up for you if you like." He bit his lip and dropped his eyes to the greenery on the floor. He couldn't run away from it anymore: He had to learn to control this power of his. If he didn't...well, he decided he'd rather not think about that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:29 pm
((Just I feel that a lot of rps I've been in recently....like die....really fast and maybe it's cause I'm serious I dunno...I'm in a really bad place right now - -))

"It's alright Oliver these things happen often with new students who can't control their powers." The Professor released his hands from his head and crossed then in front of him on the desk, still looking at Oliver with intent and sincerity. "Everyone goes through this change differently, you're not the only one who has trouble with it. Even to this day, two years after she arrived Miss Roads has trouble controlling her powers. However for some like Jillian as you may know, it was easy for her...everyone is different Oliver remember that." he smiled and rolled the desk to sit beside him instead of in front of him.

"Once you start really trying to focus your powers on something productive instead of destructive you will find it a lot easier." he left it off with a good note, motioning him off to his next class.

-----

"You're not going to let this go are you Bart?" Anna was backed into a corner towards the back of the institute, after being stalked there by Bart and his friends. Obviously she had hit a sore thumb earlier but now it was being taken too far. Her insides were shaking but she kept a calm composure on her face, trying not to show any sign of fear to give him the satisfaction.

-----

Lunch hour was pretty awkward in itself since so far Oliver had had a class and a half... things sort of seemed calm. People were joking around using their powers as they always were, moving things around, or acting like a normal school would. The hardest part about going to a new school was usually finding a table to sit in during lunch hour...usually because every school had clicks and a mutant institute might not have been an exception to that rule.

Akira.S

7,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:57 am
((Well, as long as you can keep the story going, keep things interesting, I don't think being serious is a problem at all. On the contrary, I find serious stories ten times more interesting than flippant, silly ones.))

Oliver nodded mutely to the Professor, then consulted his map to find the way to his next classroom. He sat in the back (after glancing around to make sure Pretty-Boy wasn't there) and spent most of the time gazing out the window at a young pine tree he could see. He was exhausted after his little meeting with Xavier, and he felt subdued. What he'd been trying to run away from for all this time, he'd now discovered could not be escaped.

Something productive, the Professor had said. What could be productive with his powers? Maybe he could help crops grow, or save the rainforest or something. Not really that cool, but maybe he'd get famous or something. Maybe there'd be articles written about him, and maybe in the future mutant kids in this school would write essays about the savior of the ecosystem, Oliver- Aw, screw it. What he wanted was to be some cool mutant who saved lives or something. Saving the rainforest was sissy. Oliver sighed and counted the minutes till lunch.

-----

Bart drew himself up to his considerable height, glaring down at the little slip of a girl. "No one gets away with making me look stupid," he snarled. "No one." He cracked his knuckles just to make sure she knew what he was getting at.

"Hey, Bart...." One of his buddies said nervously, plucking at his elbow. "We shouldn't do this, Bart...."

"Yeah," the coward on the other side mumbled. "We'll get in trouble."

"Don't be such a chicken!" Bart growled at them, still glaring daggers at Anna. "We need to teach this young lady a lesson-"

"What seems to be the problem?"

Everyone whirled around, and Bart felt his insides go cold. Xavier himself glided smoothly towards them, pushed by the imposing dark-skinned teacher from before. Xavier gave Bart a hard stare, as though he knew exactly what he was thinking. And on second thought, he probably did.

"Nothin'," Bart muttered quickly, and beat a hasty retreat with his friends, before Xavier could use that creepy mind-reading trick of his. The Professor said he didn't like to use it without the other's consent, but somehow that didn't make Bart feel any safer.

Xavier solemnly watched the boys leave, then broke into startlingly uncharacteristic giggles behind his hand. The dark-skinned woman started giggling too, and then their features seemed to blur for a second. Abruptly there were two brown-haired girls there, one sitting in the wheelchair and the other standing behind it, both giggling identical laughs.

"How was I?" the one in the wheelchair asked eagerly, her short pigtails bobbing as she leapt from the wheelchair and skipped to Anna's side. "Did I get the Look right?"

"Well, you sure made him run!" her identical twin chortled, pushing the wheelchair over. Even if your voice was a bit high for the big X. Need to work on that."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:01 am
((Keeping in mind that I can only take over the XMen stuff, you're the one who knows Hancock so you'd probably be one of the first to begin initializing the genetic...magnetism...decreasing thing lol just so I don't screw up first lol))

"Jeez...." Anna sigh heavily while looking to the girls, "you know how lucky you are that...oh nevermind, thanks." she was about to say, 'I had the situation under control' but then again her big plan was to just let Bart do away with her so he'd just leave her alone. That was the thing with these bully-types, they'd never let it go until they had their revenge. Although Anna wasn't looking forward to the beating she'd get at least Bart would leave her alone.

"What are you guys doing all the way out here anyway, it's lunch time...shouldn't you be...socializing?" she asked while walking with the two back towards the main building and the cafeteria. Considering all that happened Anna still hadn't had lunch and was pretty hungry, another thing to consider was where Oliver was after his first two classes of in-school training. The classes were divided up into two sections, the actuall education classes, and the training classes, usually students either had two of one then lunch then two of the other but in other cases some students had one school and one training then lunch, and the same after. She secretly hoped she had an afternoon training class with Oliver, not only to see his powers but to try and help him along the way.

-----

When the lunch bell for Oliver's class rang he was one of the first to get up and rush out the door, heading for the cafeteria, on the way there he was pat on the shoulder gently, probably fearing that it was Jill or something...

"G'day mate." Walking beside him was a tanned boy with short dirty blonde hair, surfer shorts and a graphic tee, carrying a messenger bag, he also had a heavy austrailian accent - obviously hailing from Austrailia. "You're the new kid right? Oliver?" he began going through his messenger bag for a folder of notes and handing it to him, "the Professor asked me to give these to you, you know to 'elp catch up with 'our classes" it was awfully nice for him to help out of every other student in the school...why didn't he just asked Anna to do it?

"By the way, name's Valon. Professor X gave me a list of all your classes and had me summarize my notes. Pretty cool eh?" he scratched the back of his head laughing slightly while entering the cafeteria, "kinda taking advantage of my powers you know? but it's putting it to some use right, plus it's real good the ladies..." he whispered the last part upon entering and seeing a table of girls wave to him. "Anyway mate, I thought we could be friend's you know? cause everyone needs a good buddy to survive the parells of high school you know what I mean?" he whistled while heading to the cafeteria line up like it was an everyday normal thing while maybe to Oliver it was a little odd having everyone in the cafe run around like monkeys, use their powers and all....without causing much of a food fight.

Akira.S

7,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:26 am
((Blarg, sorry for the really long delay. We had company staying at our house for several days, and I didn't know about it beforehand, or I would have made sure to post before they came and took over the living room sweatdrop

I guess I'll let you know when I think the whole Hancock thing should start. Actually, I should probably watch the movie again just to have it more fresh in my mind.... But I remember the two characters who were drawn to each other in the movie hung around each other for quite a while before they noticed any changes.))

"Hey, the same goes for you, right?" the girl who had been pretending to be Xavier said as the three of them made their way to a side door. "You shouldn't let him corner you like that. Safety in numbers, you know!"

The twin pushing the wheelchair said, "Still, for all his strength, he's not too bright, is he? Anyone with some intelligence should have realized that I was pushing the wheelchair, and the Professor never has anyone push him!"

Her twin nodded, as if it was common to notice such small details. When they slipped back into the school in an empty hallway, the girl with the wheelchair turned to Anna and said, "Well, we'd better run if we're gonna put this wheelchair back in the clinic before someone misses it. C'mon, Carrie!"

She hurried away, pushing the wheelchair. Her twin, caught by surprise, threw out a hasty, "'Bye, Anna!" and rushed after her sister. "Hey, Sarah, wait up!"

-----

Oliver silently took the folder from...Valon, was it? Valon was a strange name. Like Talon. Maybe it was an Australian thing. They had some weird words over there, like wombat. Oliver wondered why Valon was here if he was Australian like he sounded. He'd never met anyone from Australia, and as he looked at Valon he wondered what the boy's power was. Maybe turning into a kangaroo or something. Turning his head to hide the smile that crept onto his face at such a mental image, he pretended to examine the cafeteria while he listened to Valon chatter away. He was almost like the male version of Jill, sort of, except he seemed friendlier somehow. Like he actually cared - at least a little - what Oliver was thinking.

It took several minutes for the meaning of Valon's words to sink in, though that was probably due to the barely-controlled chaos of the cafeteria. Oliver joined the line behind Valon and watched a girl flutter by on paper-thin, translucent wings like some enormous insect, chatting to a friend who bobbed along beside her, hanging upside-down in midair with his legs and arms crossed.

Oliver opened his mouth to ask what Valon's powers were, and how giving someone class notes was putting it to use, but then he thought better of it. If he asked someone what their power was, they'd obviously want to know what his was, and then there'd be no end to it. Still.... Oliver grabbed the first sandwich he came to, cut in triangles and wrapped in clear plastic. The whole school would soon find out that his powers were all girly, so what was the point in prolonging the inevitable?

"So, uh...what did you say your power was again?" Oliver asked in a would-be casual voice, reaching for an apple to add to his tray.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:47 am
((Oh, np I knew you were away because I thought you were still recovering but it's alright I still checked every now and then. Yeah I was thinking they hang out more I'm just fuzzy on what should happen AFTER they hang out a lot and then notice any changes but that'll be later on lol

Just a question, do they fully lose their powers or just together?))

Grabbing a burger and fries, a soda, and an apple, Valon carried his tray to the end and paid with his student lunch card, waiting for Oliver at the end of the line.

"My powers?" Valon asked, a bit surprised he didn't realize them already, "I thought it'd be obvious mate, I'm a nerd!" he laughed a bit before patting Oliver on the shoulder, "no but seriously, I have advanced photographic memory. It's sort of like...cheating on homework and in tests...although the Professor has me trying not to. I can flip through books at an incredibly 'igh speed and remember every single detail down to the last period. That's 'ow I was able to summarize your notes so you could catch up. 'sa pretty useless power unless you're tutoring someone." it took Valon a decent time to explain his powers to full use, just enough time to find the two a table that wasn't about to blown to bits or something, sitting down across from each other before digging into some well deserved lunch.

"So what's your powers? I mean unless you don't 'ant to talk about it, everyone 'as a hard time getting over their powers when they first arrive, even me." Valon seemed so calm and outgoing unlike Jill who was just a walking social magnet.

-----

Despite the fact Anna thought she had it under control maybe it was better she get away with it....for the time being. She really didn't like to use her powers for violence unless it came to training or an actual mission (which she had yet to go on) but she was still greatful to the sister for helping her her. Anna stood by one of the cafeteria exits where they had entered, waving to Carrie and Sarah with a smile after they'd run off...hopefully wouldn't cause more mischef together. While she was walking to the cafeteria line the thought hit her, 'how did they know I was in trouble?' they may have been good shape shifters but they weren't telepathic were they; at least to Anna's knowledge. She'd also remembered that on Oliver's first day she saw the two talking by their dorm room, giggling and waving to the two before walking off and a dark-skinned boy that passed them in the halls, maybe she'd run into him too if she wasn't careful.

Grabbing a soup, water, small fruit tray she paid with her lunch card and looked around the cafeteria. Anna wasn't the complete social type, probably because of her preference to being alone or that anti-social barrier she created for herself. Well, walking around the rest of the cafe she seated herself at a couple table by the windows, opening it slightly before she started eating alone, while at times slipping her hand out the window slightly to feel the breeze as it passed by. Often times the students found people like her weird and fasinating; not like she was the only one, but now they were more interested with Oliver and his presence.

Akira.S

7,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:06 am
((They never permanently lose their powers; after they're around each other for a while, their powers are weakest the closer they are to each other. In the movie, Hancock loses his powers and gets wounded when he's pretty close to the woman who's bonded to him, but he staggers away and the farther away he gets, the more power returns to him.))

Oliver watched Valon curiously as he explained his powers. How many times had he longed to have photographic memory while studying for a test? It would make school pretty pointless, but imagine all the time it would leave for doing other things! As he sat down across from Valon, he thought about the way Valon had described his power. Pretty useless, he'd called it.

Oliver unwrapped his sandwich and took a bite to give himself time to think before he answered Valon's question. He still felt really awkward about his power, but there was something about Valon that made him want to open up. He seemed like he'd understand, like he wouldn't think growing flowers was stupid, because he didn't have a power like Pretty-Boy's strength either. And photographic memory wasn't that manly or exciting.

Still, Oliver glanced around to make sure no one else was listening before he looked bravely into Valon's face and said, "My power is I can make plants grow." He watched Valon's expression carefully, wondering if he would laugh.

-----

((Lol, you're amazingly astute; I was just going to bring the black boy in!))

"Mind if I sit here?"

A dark-skinned boy stood behind the other chair at Anna's table, carrying nothing but his backback and a water bottle. He looked as though he wouldn't be out of place on a basketball team; he was very tall, and his sleeveless shirt revealed well-muscled arms - not to the extent of Bart Fallon, but they were the arms of someone who kept himself fit and active. His hair was cut close to his scalp. He was rather good-looking, and a girl several tables over eyed him hopefully.

"It's just, I need to charge up," he added quickly. "I've been running low, and this is the only window seat left. I would go outside, but technically we're not supposed to eat outside. Not that I'm exactly eating...." He trailed off, and stuck his hand into the bar of sunlight that fell across the table. A palpable look of relief crossed his face.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:19 pm
((Okay just checking ^^))

Sipping his drink through a straw it took him a moment or two to suck in all the information Oliver had thrown at him, despite the fact it was like one line.

"No kidding, seriously? then 'hat you doing 'anging around with me? you should totally be 'anging out with the other elementals and sprites." he jerked his thumb to a table far off by the walls where chairs and tables weren't necessary when they could just lean on the wall. Apparantly that was cool or whatever. "So like, they're this click that like, prides themselves on being able to control 'nd manipulate things, like the earth, water, fire, gravity even, things like that. O'course you know, they all know 'ow to control their powers 'nd all." there seemed to be a little bit of jealousy toward this group, coming from Valon's tone.

Some of the students had physical mutations or remained as they were like Oliver, but were able to manipulate a lot better than he did. One of the girls looked like she almost had wooden skin, like that tree-like disease even though it wasn't a disease, another guy had fire for hair like Hades from that Disney Movie Hercules, even one of the students that could manipulate water turned body parts into the actual substance just for fun.

"'our power is nothin' to be ashamed of. You just gotta learn to control it. 'ey in no time you'll forget all about me and be sittin' over there with those hot shots." Valon sounded like he was cheering for Oliver to go ahead with his training but at the same time, sounded like he didn't want to lose another friend.

-----

((I was bored so I reread everything we had and noticed your post lol so I was like, she should be bringing that guy in sooner or later lol))

Anna gazed away from the window while going back to her soup and water and noticed the boy standing behind the chair across from her, politely asking if he could sit down. "It's a free country." she said softly turning back to the window while her hand sat just outside the thereshold as well as his, probably taking in a different source to rejuvenate himself. It didn't look like he ate much, all he had was water on him from what she observed. She on the other hand was indulging on some tomato soup and crackers and a bottle of water while also taking in the natural breeze seeping into her body.

She hadn't really recognized him, maybe passed by him once or twice in the hall, but there were a lot of students. How could you possibly remember each and every one. Anna remained quiet the rest of her meal, finishing her soup and drinking a third of her water before indulging in her fruit cup, pulling her hand back inside and keeping her eyes to herself and senses to herself.

Akira.S

7,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers