Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
~Waking Up in Vegas~ (Full) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:28 pm
I was so excited to see James after the big news that the day dragged on and on. All I wanted to do was spend time with the love of my life but that was easier said then down. Plus, I had too many things to finish all in one day. Finally, the day had come to an end and I rushed home. When I walked through the door, I half expected him to be there but he wasn't. Instead there was a message on the machine.

Hey Mel, it's me. Sorry I'm not there to congratulate you but I will when I see you. I'm just going over some last minute things. I know I said we should celebrate and we will. Tonight. You and me are going somewhere very special. I'll pick you up around 7. Oh and I left you something on the bed. Can't wait to see you, baby. I love you.

The phone hadn't even clicked before I ran into the bedroom. There on my bed was the most gorgeous, stunning dress I had ever seen. Not only was it simple and elegant but it was James' favorite color on me. Crimson red. I jumped in the shower and didn't even care to look that I still had two hours to go before he came and picked me up. I just wanted to put the dress on and gussy myself up. Tonight was, indeed, going to be a night to celebrate.

As he had said, James arrived around seven and I was waiting for him. When I opened the door, he smiled that sweet, gentle smile. As if it wasn't enough, he held a single red rose close to his chest. "I just so happened to be in the neighborhood, in a suit, with a single red rose and thought I might go and see the most beautiful woman in the world." He handed the rose to me and kissed me softly. "Congratulations on your promotion. I know you hate it when I say 'I told you so' so I won't say it. At least not know." I rolled my eyes and placed the rose in a vase before we left for the restaurant.

"Have you told your family yet?" I asked as we sat in the car. James laced his hand with mine. It felt so right there as our fingers intertwined. Every moment spent with him made me feel like the most luckiest woman in the world. How did I ever snatch a man like him? It was a miracle in itself. I hadn't met anyone in his family yet but I had heard great things about them. Including his brother who was James' best friend. In the beginning of our relationship, I was told that no one would ever replace his brother. Not even me. Which was understandable since it was the same with my sister.

"Well, I've told mom and dad and they plan on having us for dinner next weekend. This weekend they're having a get together with some friends and they wanted to have us to themselves." Somehow my body tensed. I was nervous to meet his family. Of course that was typical with any couple. He was still nervous about meeting mine. Who wouldn't? My father was an ex marine and my sister had his tough attitude. She had become an investigator and interrogated criminals for a living. If he wasn't nervous about meeting my family then I was. "Don't worry. My parents don't bite. You and my mother will get a long great. I'm sure you two were best friends in a past life or something." I smiled but then thought of his other family member.

"And what about your brother? He's an actor right? What was his name again?" I asked. James had only really talked about his brother once or twice because the conversation never really fell towards our family. Mostly, our conversations consisted of everything else. Work, books, movies, friends.

"Eric and yes he's an actor. I've tried calling him but I kept getting, either a busy signal or his producer. Aggressive little thing. Fawns over him like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. At least that's what I've been told. I've been leaving him messages to call me back all day but he hasn't yet. I might just have to track him down or something." James winked at him and I smiled.

We arrived at the restaurant in time for our reservation and we had the most incredible dinner I had ever tasted. Though, throughout the whole meal, I could feel that something big was soon coming. Something fun and exciting. I could only imagine that either James or Stephanie had something planned for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:33 pm
I laughed with my new "friends" as we all exited the building. I had had a great time. Looking up to the night sky, I smiled. I didn't know what else to do. I was happy. Biting my bottom lip; it was a bad habit I had; I looked to Tracy. She was handing me my phone. Turning the corners of my mouth, they creaked into a smile. She had taken my phone in the cab and refused to give it back.

"Thanks Trace," I said, turning the phone back on. It instantly began buzzing repetitively. It was my brother. "God James!" I had yelled his name before I realized it. The others looked at me like a freak. I smiled casually. I was good at smiling. If I got paid for every model smile I gave, I would be swimming in cash.

"Sorry, it's my brother. I gotta go guys, catch ya later," I apologized, then darted off.

I wanted to walk. I could hear Tracy calling after me and yelling that she was going to call me soon with the schedules for tomorrow. I just waved my hand in the air as if I actually cared. I didn't really. I just wanted to go home and chill. My feet hurt, my back was killing me, and I had a headache out of this world!

But, nothing presided over my bro, nothing in the world. Not even my job. So, pressing in his number, I put the phone to my ear and let it ring. I didn't even bother to check the messages. It wasn't like it mattered anyway. Eric Holland never checked messages...but maybe I should start, because bro didn't answer. I tried three times but nothing. Guess he was busy.

"Hey dude, it's Eric. Sorry I kept missing your calls. I've been running around with Devil Trace all day. She sorta took my phone...but anyway dude, call me back if you can. No hurries or nothin' Check ya later."

I hung up and, once again, bit my bottom lip. My friends always called me a sissy whenever I did it. They said it was a girly thing to do, but I couldn't help it. I never could. I even did it as a baby. But at least I didn't suck my thumb still. Now that would just be gay...

"I guess I should check those messages..." So, pulling out my phone, I did. Then, I found the reason for the answering machine.

Yo man, I'm gonna take Melina out to celebrate. Remember I was telling you about that major meeting she was stressing over, well it went great as I thought it would. Man, you gotta meet her. She's the most amazing thing on the face of the Earth. You'll love her! Anyway, call me back.

Yeah, from the way he talked about his love, I would have to meet her. He had even sent me a picture of them. I don't know why, but at least he was cool enough to include me in his life, as always. My bro was awesome. Which reminded me, Tracy was setting up a chill period for me before the shoot so I could prepare myself for the "big day" as she called it. They decided to postpone the first shoot until later. I was happy about that. I was supposed to be going to Vegas. I didn't wanna go there. I wanted to go to Palm Springs, but Ellie had already been booked for the location.

"I should probably tell James about that," I pondered. "I'll just wait til he calls back. It'll be like an extended celebration for Melina."

I arrived home twenty minutes later. I took the elevator to my floor and entered my apartment. I kicked my shoes off and tossed myself onto my bed. I was out in what seemed like a few seconds.

ii_kupkakez_ii

Sparkly Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:58 pm
James rested his arm around my shoulder as we walked back to my apartment. It was such a beautiful night that neither one of us wanted it to end. James checked his phone and typed a few things on his phone before he sighed. "Dang it."

"What?" I asked.

"I missed my brother again. I called him a few times and left him a message. But I guess he finally called me back and yet I still missed him. Oh well, I'll call him back later." He placed the phone back in his pocket and kissed my cheek. His touch was warm and soft as it was usually was. "Right now, I'm with my girl." That's what he always said to me as much as he could. After awhile, it became a little cheesy but it was one of the things that made me smile.

"So tell me, Mr. Holland. What is it you and Rachel are planning?" James playfully gasped as I would think of such a thing of him. But I knew something was boiling on in his head and Rachel was in on it.

"Now why would you ever assume something from me? I don't have anything planned." I raised an eyebrow. I could hear the sarcasm along with a smile in his voice. He kissed my head and told me not to worry about it. How could I not? He was planning something and it killed me not knowing what that exact surprise was. We walked, slowly, back to my apartment but when we got to the door he stopped me.

"Now what?" I asked. "I can't go into my own apartment? You're planning something. Now tell me!" I laughed. He put a finger up as he finished his text message. James leaned forward as he got closer to my face. I folded my arms and tried not to smile but it was hard with a face like that.

"Woman, will you stop your complaining so you can realize that you can trust me. So what if I have something planned? Whatever it is, it's for your own good and you'll love it. Besides I'm just checking on something for a minute. Now calm down and breathe." His phone vibrated and he smiled before typing a few things and putting it back in his pocket. James looked back at me and rested his hands on my shoulders. "Babe, you need to relax. Everything is just fine."

"But-" I began to protest but he silenced me by crashing his lips with mine. "I hate it when you do that." I glared and I unlocked my door and walked in but something was not right. "Alright, James. What are you hiding in here?" I asked as I cautiously walked around my apartment. He casually walked behind me with a smirk on his face. I walked into my living room and the sofa chair whirled around. My sister, Kacie, smiled up at me. "KACIE!" I screamed and we embraced in a tight hug. My best friend of all was here but how? "How did you-when did you-" I looked back between James and my sister.

"I have a confession." James began. "I met your family, yes it was behind your back, but it was for good reason. I wanted to make sure that it was ok with your family that I propose to you. Your mom was a cinch to win over. But your dad and your sister were a different story." That much I knew. My sister was known for her protective side from my father. In fact, my father insisted that my sister be extra protective. I turned to my sister for her side of an explanation.

"He's good, Mel. Not bad at with the speeches either. He's a keeper. It was interesting to see dad, the ex-marine, break down. So after he got the whole family's blessing, I had this great idea. Why not kidnap you for a bachelorette party?" I raised my eyebrows. Kidnap? Kacie could read my mind, as she always could. "Not really kidnap you, of course, but I talked to your friend Rachel and she agreed with me on this. This weekend the three of us, plus your other bridesmaids are going to Las Vegas for a trip of a lifetime!" Was she crazy? There was no way I could go anywhere this weekend.

"I talked with Mr. Falconry and he thinks it's a wonderful idea. Plus, you're going on Saturday and coming home on Sunday. You'll be back in time for work and you won't miss anything. But I agreed to this on one condition. My brother goes with you, that is if I can get a hold of him. I want someone there for you when I'm not allowed to be there with you. After all, I got to protect my girl." He winked and I rolled my eyes.

"But....Vegas?" I had never really been to Vegas and heard very interesting stories from things happening there. None of them very good.

"Yes!" Kacie exclaimed. "It's just what you need. It's something you've never done before. It will be something you'll never forget. Besides, it's tradition in our family to do something we've never done before when we get engaged to be married. You know that. Remember what we did for my bachelorette party?" Images of us, along with a handful of her bridesmaids, went to France. A foreigner country where none of us could speak the language and we didn't have a translator. Kacie was determined to learn as much as she could before we left. She was actually very good for someone who had to use a simple computer program. In only a few days, she could easily carry on a conversation. But it was still interesting that she had picked Vegas. Why not Australia where I could be tempted with beautiful Australian men? Life was never fair. I sighed and had no other choice to give in.

"Vegas it is, then." And what a trip it would be.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:54 pm
I tore open a carton of chocolate ice cream and shoved the spoon inside. Breaking open a Snicker's bar, I broke it up into tiny pieces and stirred it into the ice cream. I took the other one out of the fridge and peeled the paper back. I bit into it a laughed to myself. Taking up the Snicker infested ice cream into my arms, along with a bag of Nacho Doritos and a plate of regular nachos with cheese dip, I sat it all on my coffee table and flipped on the TV. I powered up my video game and grabbed the controller.

My phone began to beep. I huffed and snatched it from the end table near my lamp. It was James, finally.

"Hey! What up bro?" I answered through a mouth full of chips.

"You're a pig you know that man?" I heard my brother laugh into the receiver. "I'm great though, and you?"

"I'm cool. I just fixed myself a nice little snack here and I'm getting my butt handed to me in this darn game. Stupid zombie ghosts are tryin' to claw my eyes out! But uh, enough of that. What do you need?"

"Can't I just call to see what my bro is up to?!" My brother questioned sarcastically. He usually did call to check on me and make sure I hadn't burned down my place. He was cool.

"Sure! Sure! Why not? What do you want?" I laughed.

"You're going to Vegas, right? So, can you do me a favor?"

"What?" I knew he wanted something...

"Go with my girl will ya? I need someone to look after her while she's away. She's going to Vegas for a bachelorette party and of course..."

"Hey, I'm in! I'll do it man, no worries. She'll be safe. I'll bring her back in one piece, but you gotta promise me you won't call her like...every FOUR minutes asking her all those dumd and cheesy questions dude. That's gross." I burst out into laughter.

"Alright, thanks man. See ya Friday!"

Before I could say anything else, he had hung up. Shaking my head, I smirked and tossed the phone on the couch. I went back to my snacks and my video games. I was finally going to meet the infamously popular girl who had stolen away at my brother's heart. He had said so much about her until it was like I already knew her. But, something to me just wasn't feeling like it should. I had a feeling that Vegas was gonna be a lot more fun than I thought it was gonna be.

ii_kupkakez_ii

Sparkly Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:14 pm
James clamped his phone shut and smiled in victory. "What?" I asked. Though I could pretty much guess the reason. Something he wanted had finally gone the way that he planned. "Do you book me a private jet?" I smiled big, hoping he did, though really knowing there was a fat chance he actually would.

"Nice try but no. My brother has agreed to go with you. Not only do you get to meet someone from my family but I will be able to sleep at night." Kacie raised an eyebrow at his over protection.

"Gees, you make it sound like I'm never coming back or I'm such a party animal that I'll wind up in jail." I told him. I didn't really understand why he was getting so worked up over me going to Vegas. It wasn't like I was going alone and it wasn't like I was so desperate for marriage that I was going to marry the first knuckle head I bumped in it. I had more class than that.

"Well, maybe not you but Rachel is known for being the wild one at parties. Besides, if Eric doesn't go I'd be worried that something bad would happen to you." I kissed him and smiled, knowing that he was only protecting the one that he loved.

"You worry too much. He can come but we'll be fine with or without him." James kissed me one last time before heading home. Leaving Kacie and I to talk. "So?" I asked as she still remained in the sofa chair. "What do you really think of him?"

"Beside being as protective as mom, I think he's...alright." She shrugged.

"Just alright? What does that mean?" I sat on the couch near her and grabbed a pillow to place on my lap. It was clearly obvious that she would be staying with me since she was a good couple of hours away from me. As her sister, I thought it better she stay in my apartment than in a hotel alone. My place was free.

"Well," she began, "there's just something about him that is questionable though I can't put my finger on it. But I still give you my blessing as your older sister. Remember I had this same feeling with Cousin Linda's fiance when they still got married." I blinked at her. That was her example to make me feel better? She could have done a little better than that.

"Yea, but they divorced six months later." Again, my sister shrugged as if it was no big thing.

"At least they were happy for the first five and a half months." Kacie wasn't helping at all. Would this same feeling result in our divorce? But I loved him so much. There was no one else in the world like him who made me feel this way. We were meant for each other. What she said really got me thinking as I lied in my bed that night. Would our marriage last? Would we really be happy together? There was really only one way to find out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:18 pm
I rubbed my eyes and sat up in bed. I had stayed up all night thinking about Vegas. I was so excited and ready to go. I liked to travel and loved to see new places; meet new people, try more things. I was the adventurous type and i felt that I always would be. I had already packed my bags two nights before so I could be ready for today.

"Okay, time to jet," I said to myself when I looked to the clock. It was already past time for me to be up. I quickly washed my face, showered, and brushed my teeth. After I dressed, I grabbed my phone from the dresser. Tracy was calling.

"Yeah, I know. I'm on my way Trace. I'll be there in a few. Don't worry about it," I said before she could even say anything to me.

"Sure thing hon. See you soon. I've got your ticket so just meet me at the front of the airport entrance, okay?"

"Yeah, I gotcha."

I hung up and headed out the door with my luggage. I went down to my car and hopped in. As I drove down the road, I called up my brother and asked him where Melinda would be. He informed me then I hung up. I arrived at the airport parking a few minutes later. When I got to the entrance, Tracy was standing in the front with her arms folded and her shades on. When I approached her, she pulled them off, revealing her golden eyeshadow adorned hazel eyes and lush, thick eyelashes.

"About time you made it hon. What took you so long?" she laughed, hugging me and kissing my cheek. "Here yer tickets."

"Thanks Trace. See you in a few weeks I guess. How much damage can I do?" I laughed, crossing my fingers.

"You have as much as you spend. It's a charge card, but don't go over 50,000 I suppose that would be safe to say. Chuck is taking care of everything. He wants his star to be well relaxed and taken care of!"

My eyes widened and my mouth nearly dropped off my face. I was being given a charge card and a ticket to Vegas I didn't even have to pay for. This day was getting good already.

"Okay, I gotta go meet my bro's girl. Thanks Trace. See ya in a week I guess!" I waved goodbye and disappeared into the airport.

It was packet with people. My eyes scanned the crowd and I, along with my luggage, made my way to the seating area. I stood up on a chair and looked out to the people. I took out my phone and flipped to Melinda's picture. I was in the area where James said she was supposed to be but I couldn't find her. So I just decided to sit and wait.

ii_kupkakez_ii

Sparkly Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:41 pm
Somehow my shoulder was moving from side to side as I lied in my bed. I was sure that I wasn't the one making my shoulder move. Then suddenly the bed began to shake up and down. Something was not right. "Wake up! Vegas is waiting!" Kacie whined. I looked up and noticed my sister jumping up and down on my bed. Trying to get me to get up.

"Five more minutes!" I whined back and threw one of my pillows at her. She laughed and only continued to jump more before I gave up and headed to the shower to get ready.

"Hey Mel! Someone's here to see you so hurry up!" Kacie said through the bathroom door. I finished my shower and threw on some clothes before walking into the living room. James was waiting for me.

"Hey!" I smiled and kissed him.

"Sorry, I had to say goodbye before you left. I thought about calling but-" He began but I placed my fingers over his mouth. I didn't care what he was about to say. It didn't matter. I knew he wanted to see me off and I wouldn't have it any other way. James made us breakfast and the three of us just talked before Kacie and I had to leave for the airport. After we ate, Kacie and I grabbed out bags and James walked us out to the taxi.

"So how am I supposed to know what he looks like?" I asked, referring to his brother.

"Easy. He looks like me only less attractive." He winked and then handed me a photo. In the photograph, a man sat on a beach about to throw a beach ball at the camera. "But here's a photo just in case. It was after he got his big break. We went to our favorite spot at the beach before he left." James shrugged. "It's the most recent of him that I have. He's been so busy that we haven't really gotten a chance to really see each other." I kissed him and wrapped my arms around him in a goodbye hug.

"Don't worry, my darling. When we get married, we'll take all the pictures of you two as humanly possible. I promise." I got in the taxi with my sister and headed to the airport. We made it to the airport later just in time. We had half an hour before they boarded the plane. I took out the photograph and showed it to Kacie so we could both look for him.

"There he is." Kacie pointed a few minutes later. A man who looked like the man in the photo sat on a bench by himself while other people passed him. I set my bags next to him.

"Eric?" The man looked up at me and I smiled at him. He was a little bit older than the man in the picture but I could see the resemblance to James. "Hi, I'm Melina Garcia, James' fiance. It's so nice to finally meet someone from his family." Before Eric could say anything, I could hear my name being screamed from almost across the airport. I turned and saw five women almost running to me. Four of them I hadn't seen in almost a year. The five girls ran up and embraced me in a giant hug. Rachel, my other best friend was among them.

"Mel! Look at you" "Let me see the ring!" "Oh it's beautiful!" "I'm jealous." "See? I told you so!" I hardly got a word in the first few minutes. Their excitement was getting the better of them. "Is this him?" Sarah asked as she pointed to Eric behind me.

"No, this is Eric. James' brother. He's on a strict mission to come with us." I told them.

"James is a little over protective." Kacie said and I glared at him. James couldn't help but want to protect something he loved so much. I admired that about him. The girls put their stuff down and decided that they should grab some snacks, even though the flight was only an hour long. I sat down next to Eric, this giving us a few minutes to finally talk.

"Sorry about that. Forgive them. We haven't seen each other in almost a year." I gave him a smile and tried to relax after the scream fest. "Thank you so much for coming with us. I know that James can sleep better at night knowing that you're with us."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:00 pm
I looked at all of the screaming girls and laughed to myself. It was quite a scene for me. So much was going on at once. But, I looked to Melinda and smiled at her. She was indeed beautiful just as James had said. He had always gotten the good girls and I was more the one to get the snobs. I never figured that out myself.

"Well, it's nice to meet you too...in person," I replied. I took in a deep breathe and let it out slow. "James has told me so much about you. He's really in love with you. I think he's a real lucky guy to have you."

I rustled my hair and slouched over in the seat. Looking at Melinda as she spoke, I nodded my head. Eric was the same way with me when we were little. He would never let me do what he did because he said I was too small. I was young then and thought I was invisible. No one in their right mind could have told me that I wasn't Superman.

"I know what you mean. Eric has always been like that; over protective. He gets it from our mother. She was the kind of mom who wrapped her kids in knee pads and elbow pads and every safety equipment she could get he hands on," I laughed. "So, how did you meet Mr. Overbearing?"

I looked around the airport, then to the screaming girls to my left. I was in a place full of noise, which I wasn't used to; even though I lived in New York. I have always been the quiet one, but outgoing. I have been told by others that I have awkward personality traits, but I never paid any attention to the claims.

ii_kupkakez_ii

Sparkly Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:32 pm
I smiled as Eric mentioned how much James loved me. The feeling was mutual between us. He was the love of my life and I was going to spend the rest of it with him. Rachel held up a bag of Ranch Doritos gesturing for my opinion. I nodded and Rachel placed the bag of chips on the counter along with a pile of things. I shook my head in disbelief. After all, the plane right wasn't really going to be that long.

It was strange. I hadn't really thought of how James and I met in a long while. I suppose I was just really happy that I was with him. "Well, doing what he did best. He was taking pictures for a local magazine. At first, he was upset that I ruined his perfect shot but I helped him fixed it and tried to go on my way but he stopped me. He apologized for being rude and offered to buy me dinner. I guess you could say the rest is history." I shrugged.

The only part I didn't tell Eric was the spark that both James and I felt when we set eyes on each other. My heart had pounded in my chest and there was something about him that I wanted to discover. After awhile, I realized it was his unique charm that got me hooked.

The other girls had stopped and began to chat up a storm. Eric and I were still alone on the bench as people continued to pass you by. As we sat in silence, I couldn't help but wonder something about the man I had fallen in love with. Though I felt it best to keep the question to myself for the time being.

A little girl ran past us with a doll in her hand as she caught up with her mother. The woman held out her hand as she looked back at her daughter. They took each others hand and I couldn't help but continue to watch. Kacie had come over and rested her hand on my shoulder. "It seems so long ago that was you, sis."

"And you." I smiled and looked up. She was my older sister and my first best friend. Kacie rubbed my head and turned to Eric as to include him in the conversation.

"So, you two ready? Our plan is about to board." I looked over at the other girls who were just checking out at the counter. No doubt their load would be twice as much before getting to the actual airport. I turned back to Kacie and nodded my head. For weeks, my body was begging for a vacation. And little did I know I was going to get just that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 am
As I sat listening to Melinda, I couldn't help but look at her. I never usually looked at people when they spoke, because I'm shy. But with her...and my brother of course...I can look to them. But, looking at her was not like looking at my brother. It was like looking at an angel.

Suddenly, I stopped myself. I wanted to blow my brains out right then and there. She was my brother's girl and I, his best friend; his family, his flesh and blood. There was no way I was gonna mess up his one chance of happiness.

"I've heard him say such wonderful things about you," I finally said once she had stopped talking. I looked away though. I didn't want to look at her anymore. "He loves you, he really loves you. He never lets anyone talk crap about you either. They could say they don't like your hair and he'll get all upset about it."

Me...and James, well...we were the duo back in the days. I looked at the little girl and her mother and I sank my head. If that had of been me and James, I would have gotten pulled along like that doll.

Laughing, I spoke. "James used to pick on me about being so short when we were little. I had these stubbly little excuse for legs when I was like, 5 and he never let me live it down. Does he do that to you? You know, is he still the 'lay his jacket over a puddle' kinda guy?"

I saw Melinda's sister come over then. She was pretty too. They looked just alike in my opinion. I smiled to her and nodded my head. I wonder where I would be sitting. I kinda hoped in my head that it would be by the window and not between a smelly dude and a blabbermouth chick. Which in my case was really odd because I talk a lot myself. Wooden spoons and spatulas were a part of everyday life for me now that I think about it.

"Finish up this chat on the plane? If we're sitting anywhere near each other that is. But knowing James, you won't be sitting with anyone you don't know."

I sighed and got to my feet. "Bags?"

ii_kupkakez_ii

Sparkly Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:39 pm
My sister grabbed her bag and caught up with the others. It was normal for my sister to ignore a man who had offered to carry something of hers. "We're fine." I told him and grabbed my own bags. The flight attendant began to call section by section for loading. At the moment she was at section one where as we were section seven. I found my spot next to Eric to continue the conversation.

It was strange. With Eric, it was easier to talk to him than it was with James. In the beginning I was nervous, shaky, and thanked the stars my armpits didn't perspire a certain aroma resulting in scaring him away. But with Eric, I felt more comfortable. More myself, I suppose. Though it was wrong to think it. I shook the thought from my mind. I loved James and I was going to marry him. That was that.

"I heard great things about you too, you know. Many stories. Recently, he talks about the barbecues you guys had almost every weekend. I can tell he misses them. He misses you too." A readjusted the bag on my shoulder and looked back at Eric. It was amazing to be beside the infamous Eric. My fiance's little brother. "He loves you too. Talks of you often."

Eric's other question had me thinking. Was James still the charming man like he was in the beginning? "James did try that stunt once. The coat-over-puddle thing. I thought it was sweet but after we started walking again, with his dirty jacket in hand, it started to rain. Really hard I might add." I laughed. I could still see the two of us trying to run out of the ran as it poured. It was the first night he really kissed me.

"It rained cats and dogs that night. Both of us got were sick the next day." The lady at the front counter called sections one through three. It seemed it would take longer than expected. My girls stood behind me. A few of them even whispered, which really only meant two things. They were planning something as a surprise or they were talking about Eric. Somehow it felt like high school again.

(Should we skip their time on the plane and just have them land in Vegas? Or no?)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:33 pm
I looked at Melinda and smiled. They were independent chicks, I could tell. The lady calling out the sections was going pretty darn slow. She seriously needed to drink a Red Bull or something. But then again, maybe it was just me being impatient.

But when I sat back down net to Melinda, I took a quick glance at her and looked into her eyes. That made me uncomfortable. I know it sounds funny, but I can talk to her like I can talk to my MOM. I don't get nervous and stumble over my words like I usually do around a cute chick. It's like speech came easy to me with her.

"So he talks about me huh? Well, I miss em too. I hardly ever call like I'm supposed to but you can blame that idiot woman of mine for it...if you can even call her my woman. She like, twice as old as me but still looks like she's 26. I think that's the only good thing about her cuz otherwise she's annoying," I explained, propping my chin in the palm of my left hand.

I looked to Melinda again and chucked at her next sentences.

"Lemmie guess it right...did he make you eat the grossage soup that looks like Chicken Noodle? I mean, it tastes like straight water to me. He never knew how to fix canned food. He always waters it down too much. I used to have to eat it when I got sick."

But in actuality I never ate the stuff I gave it to my dog. He ate anything that smelled remotely like food. In his mind I guess he pictured it as a nice liver surprise from Doggie Daniels.

(Yeah that'll be faster I think ^^ Sorry U haven't posted in like near a month. I got so sidetracked with getting ready for school and writing xD )

ii_kupkakez_ii

Sparkly Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:38 pm
It was great to finally talk with Eric. The whole way to Vegas I learned a lot of things about him and James. What they did growing up, some of their traditions. It was nice to learn things that we could pass on to our future children.

But it was strange. This was the first time I had met Eric and yet I felt like I could tell him anything. For James, it took awhile for me to actually trust him. Eric and I continued to talk our little chatter until the plan finally landed. And we had made it to Vegas.

"Remember girls....And Eric." Rachel said as we had stepped outside with all our things. "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." The other girls cheered but I didn't. That wasn't really comforting to what Rachel and the others might have had planned for me. Strippers maybe? Ok, so maybe I could handle the strippers but Rachel was known for her evil ways.

A limo pulled up in front of us and I realized that it was for us. For me. The all piled in the car but I wasn't sure about it. Though it didn't seem like I had any say in it as Kacie dragged me in.

The beautiful lights of Vegas were brighter than I had seen on TV. Even our hotel was amazing. It was all wonderful. It all happened so quickly. One moment I was standing in the limo, half of my body sticking out of the sun roof and the next I was looking at my amazing room we were all going to share. It wasn't the best room that they had but it was still amazing. I set my things down as the other girls looked around.

"Party time!" Rachel screamed and dragged us all back downstairs into the casino. Leave it to Rachel to get the party started.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:14 pm
A smile came across my face as I took my seat in the limo. I sat next to Melinda. I squeezed my body close to myself in attempts to avoid any contact with Melinda other than just words. I just felt so odd having any contact with her. I mean, I could have killed myself for the feelings I was having for her. She was my brother's girl for crying out loud and here I was having all these lovey-dovey thoughts. I should shoot myself now.

I became very quite and looked out the window, trying to rid my mind of its thoughts. The lights were amazing and everything was so bright. I loved it at an instant when I saw it. I know things were gonna be great here for the time we all had to spend together. Which reminded me that I had to call James and let him know we'd touched down in Vegas. It was almost like we were super agents or something. That thought made me laugh to myself a bit.

We'd gotten to the hotel now and the minute I saw it my mouth dropped. It was pretty cool to be set up at a joint like this. I wondered where my agents had gotten all this money from to send me to such lavish places. It was so cool! I helped with the bags and made my way to Melinda's room last with her luggage. Stopping in front of the door I opened it with the key card and went inside. Placing the bags on the floor I plopped down on the bed and sent out my secret special agent message to my bro and then chilled. I heaved a sigh and looked over to Melinda--smiling.

"I'm so tired," I laughed. "I'm just being a bum I guess though."

((Sorry I haven't posted in so long! >,< GRR!!))  

ii_kupkakez_ii

Sparkly Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:13 pm
I laughed and put my luggage in a safe place. It wasn't that I didn't want to party, it was that I was afraid to. I wanted James here with me but he was miles away. "Don't worry. You're not the only one." Rachel soon ran back into the room, shocked to see us still in the room.

"Are you kidding me? You two come here to biggest party city in the world and you're staying in your hotels? I don't think so." And with that, Rachel grabbed both of us and dragged our butts downstairs. It would seem neither one of us had any say in the matter. Like it or not, I was going to party. That is until I was no longer a prisoner. "Now, party!" She cheered and began to dance over with the girls who were dancing with other men. Not five minutes and already they had found dance partners.

Once again, I missed James. As if on cue, my phone vibrated in my pocket and I smiled when I noticed James on the caller ID. "I'll be right back." I told Eric and headed outside where it was somewhat quiet. "I love you, I love you, I love you." I smiled into the phone.

"I love you too." He chuckled into the phone. "How's Vegas?" He wondered.

"Lonely without you. I met Eric. He's you're complete opposite." The two of us talked for a bit. Mostly how I was liking Vegas. Which wasn't very fun at all. Eventually, we said goodbye and hung up. I returned to the bar where Eric was now sitting. "That was James." I told him. "He says 'hi.'"

03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff