Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pokemon Unleashed
Wanted: Ideas to increase guild activity. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you looking forwards to the gold/silver remakes?
yes
80%
 80%  [ 28 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
pancakes!
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:55 pm
krishnath
Actually, I like this idea. A lot.

But, we should increase the prize some. Say, 5k? I am willing to pay it myself of course. Each gym leader needs to be compensated as well, just to make sure that none of them flake like last time we attempted to organize a league. >.<

Edit: Just had another thought, we need an official guild mascot. It of course needs to be an existing pokemon, but it needs to have a distinct appearance as well...

Maybe we could have a topic somewhere that lists who's beaten which leaders, so you feel kinda special even if you don't beat everyone? And maybe the gym leaders could give out prizes after being defeated, like a rare-ish pokemon or something?  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:04 am
Negai Boshi
Gingeria
krishnath
Gingeria
krishnath
Little Master Reaper MD2
Mascot? how about a pikachu? everyone loves pikachu, hes a classic pokemon.^^

Overdone.

We have manaphy in the guild banner though...

cyndaquil maybe?

Also for the gym leader idea for battles would they be specializing in a one type of pokemon or be all different types?

I was thinking that each leader would have a theme rather than specialize in a specific type. The theme could be almost anything, for example a gym leader whose theme was myth could be using any of the following: Ninetails (Kitsune), Arcanine (Foo Dog), Rapidash (Kirin), Dragonite, Charizard or Salamence (Classic Western Dragon), Infernape (Monkey King), Gyarados/Milotic (Sea Serpent), Froslass (Yuki-on-na), Tyranitar (Behemoth/Godzilla), Lapras (Nessie), Wailord (Leviathan) and/or Blastoise (Kappa) for example.
This would give the gym leaders more flexibility in choosing their teams, making them a little more unpredictable in combat. ^^
Now that sounds interesting. Although Ninetales isn't the only fox pokemon as Eevee's resemble foxes as well and its preevolved form of vulpix. Also congrats on finally becoming a site moderator

That does sound cool, althouygh a bit too broad if you ask me. And Golduck IS a kappa, blastiose is just a turtle, though Im sure there are tons of mythological turtles...but I like that more than just types by elements. I mean, we all know that water beats fire and whatnot. But I think we'd want to be tighter with the classification, and make sure they have a reason for every pokemon on the team...

Of course, but as I said, that was only a general example.

Personally I've always wanted to do the following team as a gym: Blastoise, Torterra, Torkoal, Lapras, Gastrodon, and Metagross.

The any of them could be exchanged for any of the following and it would still work: Bastidon, Forretress, Cloyster, Omastar, Kabutops, Aggron, or Shelgon. ^^

See the theme?  

krishnath

krishnath

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:09 am
Negai Boshi
krishnath

But, we should increase the prize some. Say, 5k? I am willing to pay it myself of course. Each gym leader needs to be compensated as well, just to make sure that none of them flake like last time we attempted to organize a league. >.<

Edit: Just had another thought, we need an official guild mascot. It of course needs to be an existing pokemon, but it needs to have a distinct appearance as well...

Maybe we could have a topic somewhere that lists who's beaten which leaders, so you feel kinda special even if you don't beat everyone? And maybe the gym leaders could give out prizes after being defeated, like a rare-ish pokemon or something?

That is what I thought, good prizes would include any semi hard to get pokemon such as: Eevee, Spiritomb, Starters, Lapras, Bagon, Dratini, Feebas, Relicanth, Aerodactyl, Murkrow, Misdraevus, and so on. Preferably with an egg move or hold item attached.

It would also increase participation, and would give the gymleaders something as well, as they would get more Id numbers for the Lottery for each prize they give out. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:11 pm
krishnath
Negai Boshi
Gingeria
krishnath
Gingeria

cyndaquil maybe?

Also for the gym leader idea for battles would they be specializing in a one type of pokemon or be all different types?

I was thinking that each leader would have a theme rather than specialize in a specific type. The theme could be almost anything, for example a gym leader whose theme was myth could be using any of the following: Ninetails (Kitsune), Arcanine (Foo Dog), Rapidash (Kirin), Dragonite, Charizard or Salamence (Classic Western Dragon), Infernape (Monkey King), Gyarados/Milotic (Sea Serpent), Froslass (Yuki-on-na), Tyranitar (Behemoth/Godzilla), Lapras (Nessie), Wailord (Leviathan) and/or Blastoise (Kappa) for example.
This would give the gym leaders more flexibility in choosing their teams, making them a little more unpredictable in combat. ^^
Now that sounds interesting. Although Ninetales isn't the only fox pokemon as Eevee's resemble foxes as well and its preevolved form of vulpix. Also congrats on finally becoming a site moderator

That does sound cool, althouygh a bit too broad if you ask me. And Golduck IS a kappa, blastiose is just a turtle, though Im sure there are tons of mythological turtles...but I like that more than just types by elements. I mean, we all know that water beats fire and whatnot. But I think we'd want to be tighter with the classification, and make sure they have a reason for every pokemon on the team...

Of course, but as I said, that was only a general example.

Personally I've always wanted to do the following team as a gym: Blastoise, Torterra, Torkoal, Lapras, Gastrodon, and Metagross.

The any of them could be exchanged for any of the following and it would still work: Bastidon, Forretress, Cloyster, Omastar, Kabutops, Aggron, or Shelgon. ^^

See the theme?

....that's cool....<3 you have to think about it....<3
But yeah, I think that's a good idea.  

Negai Boshi
Captain

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:13 pm
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath

That is what I thought, good prizes would include any semi hard to get pokemon such as: Eevee, Spiritomb, Starters, Lapras, Bagon, Dratini, Feebas, Relicanth, Aerodactyl, Murkrow, Misdraevus, and so on. Preferably with an egg move or hold item attached.

It would also increase participation, and would give the gymleaders something as well, as they would get more Id numbers for the Lottery for each prize they give out. ^^

Yeah. I think this is a good idea. How would we decide who is a gym leader? I think we should make it interesting, like there's something they have to do before they can become one, rather than just post. like, pass a quiz or something....  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:06 pm
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath

Yeah. I think this is a good idea. How would we decide who is a gym leader? I think we should make it interesting, like there's something they have to do before they can become one, rather than just post. like, pass a quiz or something....
I actually have an overload of some of the things you listed as prizes. Eevee's Dratini, Starters and Aerodactyl are really easy for me to get  

Gingeria

krishnath

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:03 am
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath

Well, they have to be active for starters, they can't just come into the guild, making one post that says they want to be a gym leader and then we never see them again. That is a mistake we shouldn't repeat. They should also have a decent understanding of team building of course. And know the difference between EV's and IV's. I am certain there are other things as well, but those three are what I can think of right now, if you know anything else that should be added to the list, you should mention it. ^^

@gingeria: I can breed every non-legendary (except unown as it is unbreedable). Eevee's, Dratini's and Starters are always popular, but I think that each Gym Leader should offer a different Pokemon as a prize. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:19 pm
Ditto's are also unbreedable as i've tried  

Gingeria

Orrun

4,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:46 pm
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath

Well, they have to be active for starters, they can't just come into the guild, making one post that says they want to be a gym leader and then we never see them again. That is a mistake we shouldn't repeat. They should also have a decent understanding of team building of course. And know the difference between EV's and IV's. I am certain there are other things as well, but those three are what I can think of right now, if you know anything else that should be added to the list, you should mention it. ^^

@gingeria: I can breed every non-legendary (except unown as it is unbreedable). Eevee's, Dratini's and Starters are always popular, but I think that each Gym Leader should offer a different Pokemon as a prize. ^^

No quiz or anything like that. To determine something this important, you battle. Have a tournament! Last 8 become leaders, and if you want to do ranks, make them fight, and whoever wins is ranked number one!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:19 am
fonkemonkey
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath

No quiz or anything like that. To determine something this important, you battle. Have a tournament! Last 8 become leaders, and if you want to do ranks, make them fight, and whoever wins is ranked number one!

That could work, the problem is time zones. There are people in this guild from all over the world. I, for example, am from Scandinavia (Northernmost part of Europe).  

krishnath

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:14 pm
krishnath
fonkemonkey
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath

That could work, the problem is time zones. There are people in this guild from all over the world. I, for example, am from Scandinavia (Northernmost part of Europe).

Also, I'm not sure we'll get enougth good members to be leaders all at the same time., It'd be easier to have a way that allows us to add more as nessecary. I think the challengers can tell us if they see a problem with the battling....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:47 am
Negai Boshi
krishnath
fonkemonkey
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath

Also, I'm not sure we'll get enougth good members to be leaders all at the same time., It'd be easier to have a way that allows us to add more as nessecary. I think the challengers can tell us if they see a problem with the battling....

Exactly. ^^  

krishnath

Gnome Serial

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:44 am
I SO want to be an Icey Water gym! it's what the pokes i love or maybe ice steel gym just so i can say "taste my cold steel".  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:30 am
Gnome Serial
I SO want to be an Icey Water gym! it's what the pokes i love or maybe ice steel gym just so i can say "taste my cold steel".

Lol.

Water/ice is a good combo, and your signature could be Lapras. >.<

Ice/Steel/Water could be fun also, have a pure steel, a pure water, and a pure ice, plus a couple of combos (Ice/Water and the Empoleon that is water/steel) could work as well. ^^  

krishnath

Holybug
Vice Captain

Sparkly Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:16 pm
Heee awww

Making Badges Could be cool to

8 badges

Hmmm This is somthing that Should def be happening  
Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items