Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sin City Streets

Back to Guilds

An adult-oriented (18+) environment set in the trendy heart of "Sin City" Las Vegas!!! 

Tags: 18 and Over, Adult, Las Vegas, Party, Games 

Reply === The Strip ===
Got a favorite recipe, well don't be shy, share it with us.. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet or Spicey?
  Both!!!
View Results

Nephillium

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:41 pm
Ok, I have another
Get a apple, cut it into pieces, however many you want, put peanut on a dish with it or on it, however you want it to work, then pour oats on top, its quick, healthy, and delicious :3 and as a bonus, cheap  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:49 pm
heart Strawberry Tart Smoothies heart
(my own recipe ^.^)

1/2 of a can of frozen orange juice concentrate
1 banana (peeled of course)
2 single serving containers of vanilla yogurt or strawberry yogurt
1 16oz. bag of frozen strawberries or 2 small baskets of fresh strawberries

Put it all in a blender and add ice til the blender is full. don't overdo it though or you will have a huge mess on your hands xd . Then blend it all up ^.^ and drink away... If you are using frozen strawberries try to blend the main contents up before you add ice and slowly add the ice while blending in intervals so your blades don't freeze up.

Daydream Beyond

Versatile Vampire

14,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Voter 100

mayu- sakura

5,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Omg all the recipes above me sound so delicious that I want to try them all xD Well I personally love asian food and one of my fav. recipes is doing Onigiri! Onigiri is basically rice balls with any filling that you want lol My best friend likes it with apple jelly and I like it with meatballs biggrin

* 4 cups of freshly cooked rice
* 2 sheets of nori seaweed, cut into 3cm/2 inch wide strips
* Salt
* Fillings. Some classic fillings are pickled plum (umeboshi), bonito flakes just moistened with soy sauce (okaka), bonito flakes mixed with pickled plum (umekaka), flaked cooked salted salmon (shake or shiozake), cooked salty cod roe (tarako), chopped up pickles (tsukemono), and tsukudani, various tidbits - bonito cubes, tiny clams, etc. (or anything you want)

The key to making good onigiri is to have freshly cooked, hot rice. You can't make good onigiri with cold rice.

Wet your impeccably clean hands with cold water, and sprinkle them with salt. Take 1/4th of the rice and place on one hand. Make a dent in the middle of the rice with your other hand. Put in about 1 tsp or so worth of filling in the dent.

Working rapidly, wrap the rice around the filling, and form into a ball. To make the traditional triangular shape, cup your hand sharply to form each corner, and keep turning it until you are happy with the shape. Practice makes perfect.

Wrap the rice ball with 1-2 strips of nori seaweed. (unless you don't like seaweed you don't have to wrap it lol)

Repeat for the rest of the rice.

^__^  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:48 pm
I'm no cook, but if anyone knows how to make taco skillet make it. However, some instructions say to put pita bread in the bottom...don't it makes the bread soggy. Instead, use frito corn chips b/c they stay crunchy and compliment the taco skillet better in terms of taste  

Doom Pookie

B Heather M

Dapper Humorist

12,700 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:26 am
Brownies 4laugh , sooo good. Now I'm back to craving them stare

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup margarine
1 cup water
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine flour and sugar. In saucepan combine margarine, water and cocoa, bring to boiling. Add to flour and sugar, then put in buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla. Mix well before pouring into a greased 17-by-11 inch pan. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes. Meanwhile prepare icing.

1/2 cup margarine
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1/4 cup milk
3 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

In saucepan combine margarine, cocoa and milk, bring to boil. Add icing sugar and vanilla, stir until smooth. Pour over brownies as soon as they are out of the oven. Cool.
Make sure you have a glass of milk, they are rich, but oh so good.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:58 pm
Love that brownie recipe, but it doesn't turn out as well when I try it. Don't eat too many at once... very rich.  

Silver Wolf aka Blade

Invisible Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Silver Wolf aka Blade

Invisible Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:32 pm
Not really a recipe, just a quick and easy cooking trick.

When you make pancakes... from a mix or from scratch... add a little vanilla to the batter. Just be warned: If you do this consistently, other people's pancakes will start to taste a little bland.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:16 pm
This one's pretty easy:

Make some meringue (egg whites, sugar, beat with an electric mixer until peaks form (that's right, I'm not giving measurements... sweatdrop )

Anyway, then grease a baking sheet, and form meringue shells on the sheet. Bake it in a 350 degree oven until they start to turn golden brown on the tops.
Theeennn, just top it with your choice of different fresh fruit.

What's more, if you want to, you can make a...I don't know what you'd call it...

Just mix equal amounts of cream cheese and marshmallow fluff, and put a dollop of that on top of the fruit.
It's delicious. 3nodding  

I Like zOMG

Rainbow Capitalist

The Memory of Lystra

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:02 pm
I have a really easy recipe. It's based on Elvis' favourite sandwich
Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana w/Bacon.
2 slices of your favourite bread
honey roasted peanut butter
1 banana, halved and sliced lengthwise
2 slices bacon-cooked and cut in half

Spread the peanut butter on the bread. Arrange the banana slices on one side and the bacon on the other. put the sides together and place either on a well buttered griddle or frying pan. cook on first side until brown, then flip and cook the other side.

It's really yummy as an every once in a while treat. I even have a friend that puts cheddar cheese on it .
biggrin  
=== The Strip ===

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces