Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Designated Fox Hunting Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:52 am
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
I am opposed to blood sports of any kind, though I think we should have public executions of druggies.

*isn't joking*

How do you justify that then?

They are sick, twisted ******** and I want to see them suffer.

Owen, you are either joking here. Or you are unacceptably and brutally mad.

I am not joking.
O____o riiiiiiiiiiight...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:15 am
and_solo_said
I am opposed to blood sports of any kind, though I think we should have public executions of druggies.

*isn't joking*

don't tell him chocolate, caffine and Alcohol are drugs....

I wonder how long after Fox hunting is stamped out completely that the government will have to deal with people complaining about foxes entering public places and biting people. The irony is the first people to complain about that will be the first people to complain about fox hunting, am I right?  

Blue Elec

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:42 am
Yes, and then we should get rid of arrogant AND ignorant punks... WOAH! There goes Owen. Seriously, that is the kind of STUPID s**t that I'm talking about. People draw assumptions that these people are bad because of things they do, or the way they live, or the way they look. People have problems, everyone does. Whether you admit it or not, but spouting off IGNORANT s**t like that isn't going to help theme but make them delve further and further into the thing that's causing them problems. Spouting off ingorant s**t like that is, SUPER counter productive. Owen, you just hit a new level of stupid in my book.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:26 pm
Blue Elec
and_solo_said

*isn't joking*

I wonder how long after Fox hunting is stamped out completely that the government will have to deal with people complaining about foxes entering public places and biting people. The irony is the first people to complain about that will be the first people to complain about fox hunting, am I right?

Don't tell him that 'druggie' only applies to those addicted to illegal drugs....

In other news; yup, you're right, it'll be the very same people.

Invictus_88
Captain

Blue Elec

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:31 pm
Invictus_88
Blue Elec
and_solo_said

*isn't joking*

Don't tell him that 'druggie' only applies to those addicted to illegal drugs....

In other news; yup, you're right, it'll be the very same people.

I know, I was being Silly, silly like a silly spoon of silliness

Uh... I need something valid to post.... Hooray for Fox Hunting!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:15 pm
Invictus_88
Blue Elec
and_solo_said

*isn't joking*

IF "'druggies' should be executed publicly" is true AND "'druggie' only applies to those addicted to illegal drugs" is true THEN those who are addicted to legal drugs need not be executed publicly.

Sean: don't be offended by the black-and-white ramblings of extreme right-wingers with no justification for their proposals; it has been shown scientifically that their ideals are "a set of neuroses rooted in 'fear and aggression, dogmatism and the intolerance of ambiguity'."

Blue Elec

1. Fox hunting is not an effective means, nor the only means, of fox population control.
2. Invictus himself told me that fox hunting only kills sick and old foxes, whom, I doubt, would be spritely enough to attack people.
3. A fox won't even attack a live cat, let alone a live person. They'll restrain themselves to rummaging through your litter, don't worry.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:54 am
biggrin God. Hehehe. You RAWK, Mary. Yes, so much so I spelled it R-A-W-K!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:04 am
Foetus In Fetu
extreme right-wingers

*Is a communist*

And I hate them because they are a blight on society who cannot even admit to their own mistakes.

Druggy - ''I can't stop, it's like a disease. Once you've got it, there is no cure''

Me - ''Well, I would have equally as little sympathy for someone who injects themselves with polio''

and_solo_said

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:26 am
and_solo_said
Foetus In Fetu
extreme right-wingers

*Is a communist*

And I hate them because they are a blight on society who cannot even admit to their own mistakes.

Druggy - ''I can't stop, it's like a disease. Once you've got it, there is no cure''

Me - ''Well, I would have equally as little sympathy for someone who injects themselves with polio''

You don't understand a THING. It's times like this that I realize how sheltered you must have been all your life. I'm not even going to waste my breath on you - seeing as how nothing I say with change your warped mind - but I pity people like you Owen.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:27 am
Timeless Visage
and_solo_said
Foetus In Fetu
extreme right-wingers

*Is a communist*

You don't understand a THING. It's times like this that I realize how sheltered you must have been all your life. I'm not even going to waste my breath on you - seeing as how nothing I say with change your warped mind - but I pity people like you Owen.

Goodbye Sean  

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:44 am
Foetus In Fetu
1. Fox hunting is not an effective means, nor the only means, of fox population control.
2. Invictus himself told me that fox hunting only kills sick and old foxes, whom, I doubt, would be spritely enough to attack people.
3. A fox won't even attack a live cat, let alone a live person. They'll restrain themselves to rummaging through your litter, don't worry.

1. All things are relative, of course. Yet it remains that hunting with dogs is still the single more effective form of controlling foxes that the countryside has yet had at its disposal. If an equally effective metod which is also kinder is found, then I will support a ban. until that point, long live the hunt and damn to those that oppose it.

2. Even healthy foxes don't attacke people. That's straw man and you know it. The issue is attacks on farm animals and pets, followed secondarily by the passage of diseases to pets by foxes.

3. they will injure themselves to a point where they cannot subsequently hunt and will starve, simply for the sake of a night's meal and the death of as many birds as are in the enclosure.

You only give the impression of winning the discussion by attacking the weak and invented issues which stand on the periphery or, indeed, in pure fantasy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:24 pm
Invictus_88
2. Even healthy foxes don't attacke people. That's straw man and you know it. The issue is attacks on farm animals and pets, followed secondarily by the passage of diseases to pets by foxes.

I thought you were having a discussion on what would happen when:
Blue Elec
the government will have to deal with people complaining about foxes entering public places and biting people.

I myself stated that wouldn't happen. Here:
Foetus In Fetu
A fox won't even attack a live cat, let alone a live person.

Invictus_88
You only give the impression of winning the discussion by attacking the weak and invented issues which stand on the periphery or, indeed, in pure fantasy.

I'm barely even part of this discussion. I just thought that the idea that fox overpopulation would cause:
Blue Elec
foxes entering public places and biting people.

was ridiculous, and disassembled it as such.

andsolosaid
*Is a communist*

I find it hard to believe that true communism is at all compatible with any of the stances I've seen you convey.

andsolosaid

There's a difference between having no sympathy for things a person has brought upon themselves and believing they should die for their mistakes.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:39 pm
Foetus In Fetu
andsolosaid
*Is a communist*

I find it hard to believe that true communism is at all compatible with any of the stances I've seen you convey.

andsolosaid

There's a difference between having no sympathy for things a person has brought upon themselves and believing they should die for their mistakes.

It doesn't matter now. >.> I made him quit the guild, or so someone told me. I think he was trying to make me feel guilty. ~Shrug~  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:13 pm
I think I should say I am Naive, narrow-minded pessimistic and easily influenced in my opinions by my friends. I don't know enough about any political issues and try to make jokes about everything. For the longest time I thought "Hey, I'm just a kid. My opinion doesn't matter and nobody will listen to me anyway." and it's hard to shake that feeling. I probably shouldn't joke about what I don't understand.

I had some other stuff I wanted to say but I forgot (prolly cuz i need sleep)  

Blue Elec

The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games