Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
((Slow As Christmas)) - Sketchbook - 1/10 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rags of Ash

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:30 am
aha thanks for the critique xD i'm slow I'm sorry.

My newest:

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Rags of Ash

Vodou von Prettypants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:48 pm
Oh, hello there, internets!

I really, really, really want to be helpful. I do.

But I can't, because I'm too busy worshiping your art.

I did not see you there.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:21 pm
User Image  

Rags of Ash

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:46 am
Vodou von Prettypants
Oh, hello there, internets!

I really, really, really want to be helpful. I do.

But I can't, because I'm too busy worshiping your art.

I did not see you there.
This kind of comment, while nice, is spam here. Please don't post useless comments. The point is to give helpful feedback.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:48 am
Slow, I'm going to suggest you start doing paintings of skulls. Then look at how the muscles rest on the skull. I think that will help your heads have more volume and keep your features consistent and in the "right" place.

Also, I notice that you're cutting off the top of the skull with the hair. Try shaping the whole head before you add hair so that doesn't happen. The hair is a separate volume on top of the head.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Folken_Schezar
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:47 pm
Errol McGillivray
Slow, I'm going to suggest you start doing paintings of skulls. Then look at how the muscles rest on the skull. I think that will help your heads have more volume and keep your features consistent and in the "right" place.

well while this works there is an easier to draw heads. i can post it later if you're interested. or you can try to look it up. i think its called 7 eye proportions...i think  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:10 pm
Folken_Schezar
Errol McGillivray

well while this works there is an easier to draw heads. i can post it later if you're interested. or you can try to look it up. i think its called 7 eye proportions...i think

I'm all for anything that will help, Folken.

Errol: I'll try that too! I do have issues with placement.  

Rags of Ash

Folken_Schezar
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:38 pm
sure okay i'll try to post something tonight i'm gonna be busy with errands and house work for most of today  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:18 pm
There is a difference in the quality of work and the versatility of someone who knows what to do and someone who knows why they do it.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Folken_Schezar
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:04 pm
not to cut down what you are trying to say, cause i feel that way too. but there is more then one way to understand something. i personally found it easier to teach understanding of the face thru proportions rather then anatomy, since there is so much more information one needs to understand to build a face up from the skull.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:14 am
..... ok well - I see nothing wrong in trying both ways.... I'm fairly positive I could learn something from drawing the skull, muscles etc like errol said and I'm pretty sure I'll learn something from Folken's way as well.

It's good to know the underneath so I'm not refusing either method. I could mesh the two....

I don't turn down help. heart  

Rags of Ash

Folken_Schezar
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:50 pm
i'll post something soon, sorry i've been really busy with getting ready for school and some problems i've been having with the city  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 am
Folken_Schezar
i'll post something soon, sorry i've been really busy with getting ready for school and some problems i've been having with the city

No problem - not in a rush xD *points to her display name*  

Rags of Ash

Folken_Schezar
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:36 am
User Image

haha i hope you didn't think i forgot about you ^_^ but this is basically one of the ways i learned how to draw heads ( funny story about how i learned it tho) anywho its a semi skull in a cube and the cube is there to help you remember the plane changes on the face

if anything is unclear let me know  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces