Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
Beware of Password Phishers. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:08 am
dyclone
right now i am dealing with password phishers

one hint of advice. upon clicking on links that people send you, look at the URL in your browser first. the most common one for phishing on gaia is ripway.

one pm i got was:
MoD_7896
User Image
Copyright 2008 Gaia Interactive Device, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
User Image
We are proud to inform you that your account has been brought to our attention. Since we are lack of moderators active on the forum to avoid spamming we are recruiting gaians to become a moderator.Now we are searching for gaians to become a moderator on the forum to avoid spamming. Since you a member and active gaian you are qualified to sign-up a form on Gaia Online Moderator Application Form.For more info contact or email us (inquiry@gaiaonline.com.If) you have any questions, feel free to ask, we're always here to help.Be safe and have fun!

Username:

Password:

Other Accounts:

Email Address:

Once your account has been verified that its free of faults, your e-mail provider will be notified when your account receives our moderator application. We thank you for your patience.If you do not reply in the next 24 hours,then you will lose your chance of becoming a gaia moderator.
Please do not submit PM reports for swearing, attitude, or issues not covered in the Gaia Online ToS. Additionally, please do not submit this form multiple times for the same PM, abuse this reporting tool, or spam this form with meaningless information

PM: 5247260.09381487
Sincerely, [MOD] 0-M0D-0

seems pretty real, huh? too bad. he spend all that time making it up (which i did admit...it looked pretty cool), and i just reported him. they're a-holes.
one obvious giveaway was the barcode....why a barcode of all things? even if it was real, it looks like the message came from the financing part of gaia rather than the gaia main.

Edit by LanceCalvis
This post has been modified slightly. To eliminate the click-able link in the post.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:13 am
some others i have recieved from 2007. after these three pms, i just didn't bother saving the rest. i just reported them.

Account_Helper_07
We are sorry to inform you but your account has been brought to our attention. Your account has been REPORTED and needs to be investigated for further information. Like any other Gaia Moderator, we don't normally ask for this information but to clear your report we need to. If you fail to cooperate then you agree to these charges and we will take steps in closing your account. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested.

Username-

Password-

E-Mail Address-

Date of Birth-

Once your account has been verified that it's free of faults, your e-mail provider will be notified when your account investigation is over. We thank you for your patience. If you do not reply in the next 24 hours there will be a 6 month ban.

Please do not submit PM reports for swearing, attitude, or issues not covered in the Gaia Online ToS. Additionally, please do not submit this form multiple times for the same PM, abuse of this reporting tool, or spam this form with meaningless information.
PM no:79407830.494930

banningservers02
BanningServers01
User Image

User Image

>>We are sorry to inform you but your account has been brought to our attention.
Your account has been REPORTED and needs to be investigated for further information.
Like any other Gaia Moderator, we don't normally ask for this information but to clear your
report we need to. If you fail to cooperate then you agree to these charges and we will
take steps in closing your account. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account.
Please fill out the information requested.

*Username:
*Password:
*Confirm Password:
*E-Mail Address:

User Image
>>Once your account has been verified that it's free of faults, your e-mail provider will be notified
when your account investigation is over. We thank you for your patience. If you do not reply in the next
24 hours there will
be a 6 month ban.

Please do not submit PM reports for swearing, attitude, or issues not covered in the Gaia Online ToS. Additionally,
please do not submit this form multiple times for the same PM, abuse of this reporting tool,
or spam this form with meaningless information.
PM: 5247260.09381487
Sincerely, Banning Servers02

these pms looks so real, but are utterly fake.

some useful links: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/questions-assistance/wtf-ripway-i-clicked-it-x-x/t.33630293_1/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/recycle-bin/hey-gaia-i-know-you-know-what-ripway-scams-are-right/t.32927373/

PLEASE NOTE: these are not ripway scams, but only advise you against them. these links ARE a part of gaia. i will not be responsible clicking on any scams within those pages  

Ronzalpha201

Killthisacc

Tipsy Smoker

7,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:57 am
funny you all mention this stuff razz im a type of hacker myself (dont worry im not gonna hunt down your passwords and stuff razz ) im a white hacker (meaning i hack to help ppl ._. or get hacked accounts back) if u guys have questions about anything ill be happy to help XD i dont have most of my programs right now. but i can still use a handful of things (or just script my own programs)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:23 pm
wolfboy_sai
funny you all mention this stuff razz im a type of hacker myself (dont worry im not gonna hunt down your passwords and stuff razz ) im a white hacker (meaning i hack to help ppl ._. or get hacked accounts back) if u guys have questions about anything ill be happy to help XD i dont have most of my programs right now. but i can still use a handful of things (or just script my own programs)

err, well, i still don't like hackers too much, even white hackers: they still hack and enter into people's private data nevertheless. i certainly wouldn't mind giving up my account since this is all just a bunch of pixels....
as for the gaia cash i invested into this acc in the past....well, i got over it.  

Ronzalpha201

Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces