Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Do you make music then lyrics? Or vice versa? Which is best? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is easier to write?
  Music
  Lyrics
  ....Depends
View Results

Dojigomiru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:10 pm
it dependes on what your best at but music is easyer to me  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:27 am
Though i couldn't write a good song unless i would get in BIG trouble if i started writing it (you know like when yuo are in class and you have a good idea for lyrics, but your not supposed to be writing anything? Yeah that). i find it easier to write the lyrics, then the music. But, just try to speak the lyrics, it's MUCH harder when you sing the lyrics, then you have to find the chord that goes w/ it.  

strange123

Ninrei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:28 pm
both sometimes....i write a song's lyrics at a certain beat and work off from there.....takes like 15min to make my songs.....I don't like messing with what I make.....I write very aggresive music, when i'm aggresive or a certain mood it comes out in my music which also...if its an angry song it makes me angry doing it live which makes a more exciting show 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:40 am
I suck with lyrics. If I ever have anything with words it's usually one of my friends who writes them. I'm all music. Lyrics first provided by my friends, then the music by me. go team  

Jaydoggy

Eloquent Friend

Ice-Blue Stare

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:43 pm
i like to do a bit of both. i get an idea for a song and start writing down the lyrics that come to me immediately, which usually end up being the main chorus. then, i'll wait for a chord to be struck on the piano that sparks the music. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:47 am
I do a little of both but mostly lyrics then music. I also can start a song and not be able to finish it so I put it to music and the rest just naturaly comes.  

A Moment Past No Return

Wordstreamer~Nifty Fairy~

Festive Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:00 pm
For me, it's easier to write lyrics. Usually, the music comes with them. And if not, I can usually chain the lyrics to a song (instrumental) that I've come up with sooner or later.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:58 am
I usually write my music based on a poem that I've previously written. So lyrics are usually first. I write a lot of instrumental stuff though too.  

eol_caladren

deonoway

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:03 pm
it depends some times a leirik comes to me other time i get the tune & sometimes i write the two sepretl & they just fit together(wich by the way is relly wird when it hapens)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:09 pm
Music comes easier to me.
For the better songs I've done, either I thought of the lyrics 1st, or both together.  

Quintessensual

Ocean Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:01 pm
Good question. I suppose I just go with the flow. Songwriting is a long process for me. Sometimes I'll just toy around with music for 3 months, then one night I'll be playing some songs and then I'll start playing that music and I just start writing the lyrics and usually around 1 am I have written another song.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:15 am
To me it's easier to write the lyrics the music is a little more complicated 'cause you have to play with your voice too, if you'r a singer that is.  

Mike Sama the Reaper

Chamilion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:24 pm
I usually come up with the title of the song first and I'd come up with the melody and then the lyrics afterwards.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:30 pm
It is usually easier to have the lyrics first, then write the music, then you won't have to fit the lyrics with the music. Plus if you write the music first and then put the lyrics in, it might turn out more metricnomical...or whatever and not really flow. I do think that it would be wise to atleast have a melody or general structure of what you want the song to sound like...but lyrics first....  

BrickHouse87

Scorchbird14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:48 pm
For me,since I'm trying to write my first lyrics,I think it's easier for me to do music first and then lyrics but that's just me.Besides I haven't tried that out yet.I should.  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff