Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:54 am
Isn't that called agnostic?  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:56 am
Agnosticism is a little bit different than irreligion....I think,anyway.
If your Agnostic you believe that it's impossible to prove or disprove any religion.
Irreligion is an absence of religion, indifference to religion, or hostility to religion.If your irreligious,you don't follow a religion,but may still have spiritual beliefs.It's not that your saying that any religion is impossible to prove,you just think that...ummm,I can't really describe it,so here's what Wiki say:
Although people classified as irreligious might not follow any religion, not all are necessarily without belief in the supernatural or in deities; such a person may be a non-religious or non-practicing theist. In particular, those who associate organized religion with negative qualities, but still hold spiritual beliefs, might describe themselves as irreligious.  

Fairy Alchemist 96

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:12 pm
So, if you're an irreligious Christian, you believe in God, but you don't follow the Bible or do what you're supposed to? confused  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:16 pm
GeorgeStow
So, if you're an irreligious Christian, you believe in God, but you don't follow the Bible or do what you're supposed to? confused

EXACTLY! 3nodding
The two subjects I'm useless at at school are Religion and Geography.I don't remember most of the stories in the Bible,and I certainly don't believe any of them.
For example:
If Jesus supposedly rose from the dead,than that's technically Necromancy,and he would need someone to preform the Necromancy,but you would have to have the strongest mind and body in the world to preform Necromancy without being able to see the corpse your raising.THAT's if you believe in magic.If you don't,and your a Christian,than you'd probably believe in Jesus rising from the dead,without question.But you have to think about it,how did he rise from the dead?The Bible doesn't explain how he rose from the dead...
And as for Mathew,Mark,Luke and John,how the Hell do they know about all the stuff Jesus did?Did they follow him around the place?Where they like reporters or something?If there was only the animals,shepards and kings in the stable when Jesus was born,how the Hell did they know?Did they stand outside the door and peep through a crack in the wood?

And I don't believe in God,I believe in A God/Gods. 3nodding  

Fairy Alchemist 96

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:06 am
Fairy Alchemist 96
GeorgeStow

EXACTLY! 3nodding
The two subjects I'm useless at at school are Religion and Geography.I don't remember most of the stories in the Bible,and I certainly don't believe any of them.
For example:
If Jesus supposedly rose from the dead,than that's technically Necromancy,and he would need someone to preform the Necromancy,but you would have to have the strongest mind and body in the world to preform Necromancy without being able to see the corpse your raising.THAT's if you believe in magic.If you don't,and your a Christian,than you'd probably believe in Jesus rising from the dead,without question.But you have to think about it,how did he rise from the dead?The Bible doesn't explain how he rose from the dead...
And as for Mathew,Mark,Luke and John,how the Hell do they know about all the stuff Jesus did?Did they follow him around the place?Where they like reporters or something?If there was only the animals,shepards and kings in the stable when Jesus was born,how the Hell did they know?Did they stand outside the door and peep through a crack in the wood?

He rose from the dead because earthly bounds such as life and death couldn't affect him. You have to remember that human biology doesn't apply to Jesus, because he's God. Yes, it may seem abstract, but that's what happens when you throw all the laws of nature out of the window because they wouldn't have to affect him.
As for the disciples, yes, they did follow him around. If you read their accounts, you'll find that they describe themselves being there too. And Jesus told them the stories that are noted, but they weren't there for. And if you're going to say 'but how would he know, he was just a baby?', then here's your answer: he either knew it because he knows all-but that would essentially be an abuse of his 'powers'- or, more obviously, because Mary and Joseph told him.
So there. It makes sense if you actually read the Bible.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:14 am
GeorgeStow
Fairy Alchemist 96
GeorgeStow

EXACTLY! 3nodding
For example:

He rose from the dead because earthly bounds such as life and death couldn't affect him. You have to remember that human biology doesn't apply to Jesus, because he's God. Yes, it may seem abstract, but that's what happens when you throw all the laws of nature out of the window because they wouldn't have to affect him.
As for the disciples, yes, they did follow him around. If you read their accounts, you'll find that they describe themselves being there too. And Jesus told them the stories that are noted, but they weren't there for. And if you're going to say 'but how would he know, he was just a baby?', then here's your answer: he either knew it because he knows all-but that would essentially be an abuse of his 'powers'- or, more obviously, because Mary and Joseph told him.

But I was told he was essentialy a man,and felt the pain of a normal human being when he was crucified.

I'm Irish,we use The Bible as toilet paper and coasters. xp

And what I hate about Christianity is that,after all these years,it's still as sexist as ever.I'm not one of those ultra-feminist girls,heck,I'm like a tranny,but it still kinda bugs me that Nuns can't say mass,and they just teach.It's just lousy/ sad  

Fairy Alchemist 96

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:46 pm
Fairy Alchemist 96
GeorgeStow
Fairy Alchemist 96
GeorgeStow

EXACTLY! 3nodding
For example:

But I was told he was essentialy a man,and felt the pain of a normal human being when he was crucified.

And what I hate about Christianity is that,after all these years,it's still as sexist as ever.I'm not one of those ultra-feminist girls,heck,I'm like a tranny,but it still kinda bugs me that Nuns can't say mass,and they just teach.It's just lousy/ sad

I'm sorry, but don't clump me in with Catholics. I wouldn't count myself or any of my religion sexist as such. Maybe Catholics, but not other Christians. Also, I wouldn't exactly say that Catholics are sexist, just more 'traditional'. But they can seem the same at times.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:03 am
GeorgeStow
Fairy Alchemist 96
GeorgeStow
Fairy Alchemist 96
GeorgeStow

EXACTLY! 3nodding
For example:

I'm sorry, but don't clump me in with Catholics. I wouldn't count myself or any of my religion sexist as such. Maybe Catholics, but not other Christians. Also, I wouldn't exactly say that Catholics are sexist, just more 'traditional'. But they can seem the same at times.

I'm not saying all Catholics/Christians are sexist,very little are,if not none,but I think the Catholic Church should allow nuns to do mass,if they want to,and allow priests to teach,if they want to.

I think my mother has caught my negative vibes on religion,and has told me I don't have to go to mass at all if I don't want to.She said to this to me at night,and very soberly so,I'm kinda worried about her...She really should have been at least a tiny bit tipsy. confused  

Fairy Alchemist 96

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:06 am
Meh.
Nothing wrong with getting stuff out of drunk people.
Just so long as they're not alchys-then they need your help.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:50 pm
GeorgeStow
Meh.

My friends voted me most likely to become an alcoholic... stare  

Fairy Alchemist 96

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:03 pm
Fairy Alchemist 96
GeorgeStow
Meh.

My friends voted me most likely to become an alcoholic... stare

A drunk. In Ireland? Never!
*That was sarcasm*
Besides, does it really matter?
You've just got to focus on staying alive now, who cares about the future? xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:19 pm
@ Fairy Alchemist : Had to talk about the religion thing. I don't really believe everything the bible says, I just use the stories as guidance to help make me a better person. Wehn it comes down to it most of the stories don't make sense, but that means your overthinking it. Try to tell anyone at church about these doubts... " You're questioning GOD?!?! HERETIC!!!!! "

@ George Stow: "You've just got to focus on staying alive now, who cares about the future?"

And that is the same type of thought that caused global warming ( pollution... you get the idea )  

-S t o o p i d i t y- XD

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:03 am
-S t o o p i d i t y- XD
@ Fairy Alchemist : Had to talk about the religion thing. I don't really believe everything the bible says, I just use the stories as guidance to help make me a better person. Wehn it comes down to it most of the stories don't make sense, but that means your overthinking it. Try to tell anyone at church about these doubts... " You're questioning GOD?!?! HERETIC!!!!! "

@ George Stow: "You've just got to focus on staying alive now, who cares about the future?"

And that is the same type of thought that caused global warming ( pollution... you get the idea )

Psssh,Global Warming my a**.No such thing,just a conspiracy. ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:11 pm
Fairy Alchemist 96
-S t o o p i d i t y- XD

Psssh,Global Warming my a**.No such thing,just a conspiracy. ninja

Yeah just like the Holocost. * gasp *  

-S t o o p i d i t y- XD

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:07 am
I believe in Global Warming, I just don't believe it's a problem.  
Chatterbox [Chat away, folks!]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff