Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Crowley Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:44 pm
breuddwyd
I promised myself I would not consciously regect any of the teachings of people in regard to magic,
Can you rephrase this please?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:14 am
Fiddlers Green
Sophist, I always say people should never summon something they can't control.
I don't worship beings I can command.

It's not really a problem for me. I don't summon, I don't have gods and I don't worship. But really, people shouldn't do things that will go out of their control. Whether summoning, directed energy work or even driving a car.

If you can't do it responsibly and wisely then don't do it at all.

Quote:
Also, it may seem insulting to most gods I know.

Usually a bad idea to insult really freaking powerful beings who are used to a certain level of respect. *griiiin*  

Recursive Paradox

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:56 am
TeaDidikai
Interesting. I could never bring myself to say such about Crowley. Most of his stuff reads as a rehashed embittered version of the stuff that came out of the GD with bits of the Spiritualist movement and the like tossed in for good reference.

I mean, even looking through The Book of The Law, we're seeing a lot of material pulled from GD with only slight changes, such as the Empress and the Star.

His work always read to me like he lifted a formula from his time in the Golden Dawn and plugged everything and anything he could into it- including Nursery Rhymes. Tweek it here and there to account for his issues with Christianity and his sexual frustrations and Boom. Thelema.

As much as they are poorly appropriated, the traditions of the GD do have some rhyme and reason, some internal consistency.
I see Crowley jump out of that mold a few times.
It's enough to make me wonder where the bits that don't fit come from.
'Twere I to use such vulgarities, I would say a few of his items he pulled directly out from his @$$. I wonder what he digested that caused it to happen.
Your correlations cover enough, I'm just overtly circumspect.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff