Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Thoughtform Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niamh willow

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:40 am
TeaDidikai
Toasty Marshmallow
what are god-shaped thoughtforms? can you give me an example?
Thoughtforms designed to resemble the individual's ideal of what a specific god should be like.

Pretend you got a wild hair up your a** and decided you wanted to worship a god of the Gael who is oathbound to the Gael.

They aren't going to answer, but you want Goddess So-n-So to answer so much that instead of actually talking to her, you end up talking to yourself. But you reject it as yourself and call it Goddess So-n-So.

She appears as the deity did in her mythology. Her temperament is similar to that presented in the myths. But it isn't her. It's a figment designed to look like her.

If the god isn't oathbound, how do you know that you're worshiping the god or just a thoughtform?

Wouldn't individual experiences with gods vary, even if they are similar? I know it's not the same as a thoughtform, but if two different people both worshipped the same Greek god, how could one say that their experience is closer to the "real thing" than the other?

Edit: Sorry, didn't see this...

TeaDidikai
RubyLight
How can you tell the difference between a thoughtform and the actual deity?
By testing it.

How do you test the gods in a respectful manner? Or would it be testing yourself?  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:03 am
Niamh willow

If the god isn't oathbound, how do you know that you're worshiping the god or just a thoughtform?
By testing it.
Quote:

Wouldn't individual experiences with gods vary, even if they are similar? I know it's not the same as a thoughtform, but if two different people both worshipped the same Greek god, how could one say that their experience is closer to the "real thing" than the other?
In some cases it's painfully clear that one's making s**t up.

My favorite is the Odinsgodhi that suggested that Odin was a god of peace and his sacrifice for the runes was what brought him ascension.

Quote:

How do you test the gods in a respectful manner? Or would it be testing yourself?
Depends on the god, though the other style works as well.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces