Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Do you like other yaoi fans? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like your fellow fans?
  Of course.
  Not really.
  It Depends...
  Other.
View Results

Bane Rie

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:15 am
* Do you think it's a girl thing? Does gender make a difference?

Eh, somewhat. I have a few guy friends who love yaoi more that my girl friends though, so there are exceptions.

* Is it really fair to lay the smackdown on your fellow fans?

If they're acting like idiots, yes. If they just have a different opinions of like something else, just leave. There is no need for unwarranted fighting.

* Do you like your fellow fans? If no, what are the things that other fans do that get on your nerves the most?

Mostly yes. There is the occasional idiot who makes me want to hit my head against my desk, other than that it's all good. I just really hate it when people post stuff like "OMG this show have KAwaII YaoI Pronz, desu!!111!"... That's just wrong. They can say how much they like something, but when they start showing the intelligence or a grapefruit I RUN.

* What do you think could happen to make fans get along better?

We could stop fighting over stupid stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:16 pm
I don't think it's just a girl thing. I mean, I have a gay friend and he squeals for yaoi all the time.

And if my fellow yaoi fans are acting quite immaturely and fighting over silly things, then yes. We all are entitled to our own opinion and we should respect those who think differently.

There are occasions where I don't like my fellow yaoi fans. If they tend to state something that just gives the yaoi they're conversating about a bad name, then i'd probably roll my eyes at them. But all in all, I think the fellow yaoi fans are quite tolerable.

If we learn to respect other people's opinions, even though we disagree, not talk about something completely foolish, then yes, it would make things more simple for us to get along better.

Aster_Harlow

Adorable Wife

11,225 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100

Namikaze Kaiyoko

Tipsy Kitten

9,475 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:12 am
ninja Ninja Kyuubi Strikes! ninja
To me, I don't judge people on petty thinks like fandom... (Sans Twilight... I'm sorry girls, sparkling vampires is a level of "gay" I just won't touch...) It's more about their personalities... With some people, I enjoy arguing about who should end up with who... and my opinion varies from "cannon" to "fandom"
As for girls and guys, it's obviously more of a girl thing, but I have no problem with guys getting into it. Everyone likes different things and gender really doesn't make a difference... I mean, come on, if it did, would any of us be here?
So we should all realize that everyone likes something different and find ways to accept that and not argue about it... although, lay back on the squealing a bit... it's a little hard on the ears..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:43 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
Politeness serves a purpose.
Civility and kindness are moral imperatives.

*Do you think it's a girl thing? Does gender make a difference?
I think it is mostly a girl thing, yes. It's a jealousy bit, I believe.

No. If you like something, you like it. You shouldn't be told off by someone for liking the same thing they do. That's simply hypocrisy.

* Do you like your fellow fans?
I like the majority of them, sometimes you can tell someone's not really a fan, just going with the flow, and that bothers me. When they ask guys to make out or kiss for them, that bothers me. I personally am against public affection, so that's my own reasoning.

Nothing, to be honest. Society is simply failing at being friendly. Everyone wants to yell at everyone for no reason. - _ -;

A human being is part of a whole, called by us "universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something sperated from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires
User Imageand to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in it's beauty.

User Image

FagCake

Mage_Almasy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:57 pm
Do you think it's a girl thing? Does gender make a difference? : Nah,I mean, yeah sure the number of girls is a bit greater but I don't think it matters.Whatever floats your boat,right?

* Is it really fair to lay the smackdown on your fellow fans?: Unless they're being way over dramatic and totally deserve it, no. I think it all comes down to whether you like the person or not.

* Do you like your fellow fans? If no, what are the things that other fans do that get on your nerves the most? : I can't say for sure, the only other person that I hang out with,& share the same passion for this sort of thing,happens to be my best friend xD I wish I knew other people irl and exchange mangas with!

* What do you think could happen to make fans get along better? : Don't be that way over the top type of fan. It's all good and we understand that you want to show to other people that you love b.l but keep it down a little xDDD Not everybody feels the need to have a stamp on their forehead that says "BL LOVER/FAN 4LIFE "  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:51 am
Do you think it's a girl thing? Does gender make a difference? no i don't think it matters

* Is it really fair to lay the smackdown on your fellow fans? no. There is no need for unwarranted fighting.

* Do you like your fellow fans? If no, what are the things that other fans do that get on your nerves the most? yes i like them biggrin

* What do you think could happen to make fans get along better? i don't know. i think that it depends on everybody's personality.  

Petrutza

5,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

LadyAmms

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:46 pm
Quote:
* Do you think it's a girl thing? Does gender make a difference?

Well, I don't think yaoi/shounen-ai/BL is limited to anybody, I think people limit themselves.

Quote:

It's not cool to bash each other unless there's a point needed to be proven, someone is bashing someone's preferences, and there's no self-control. Even so, when you're tying to prove yourself right, there is no need to become harsh unless you're using your words strongly.

Quote:
* Do you like your fellow fans? If no, what are the things that other fans do that get on your nerves the most?

I usually like talking to other fans and sharing information. I dislike the fans that kill our fun, fandoms, and love for yaoi (or anything). It's not fair, period. I understand you have a burning passion but don't let it
terrorize others.

Quote:

People need to start being more mature with these things. I'm not saying to become stiffs but to ease it down once in a while and let everybody have fun. If you limit yourself it's not going to help but if you're open to sharing then that's cool. =)  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff