Submit

nippIe goblin

Noob

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:23 pm
Geebuz I know my friend reads one called Vampire Doll I believe. Can't be positive on the title except for the fact it had Doll in the name D;  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:14 pm
/
|
|
|

Yeah... D Gray Man is awesomesauce.

You can read it online, but I'm not going to link it up on this thread. That would not be good.

Also, although not 'Goth', per-say, some ******** AWESOME mangas (most of them with plenty of gore, nudity, supernaturality (purposeful misspell), etc...) include:

Berserk (most awesome manga... in... well... ever. VERY VERY ADULT!!! AO (there is SO much blood and guts (heheh... inside pun), in addition to the very realistic, harsh situations of the middle ages this manga is based around, coupled with some of the best done sex scenes I've ever seen in a non-hentai manga, you could NOT show this in any respectable public place, but yet, it's still completely awesome. The only way this got made into anime was they took the mildest, most innocent part of the manga, and made that into a 24-series anime, and THAT almost got kicked off the air because it was too adult.)

Ubel Blatt (I like it, but it's not for everyone. Very good revenge tale set in the middle ages (Less adult than Berserk or HSotD, but still R))

High School of the Dead (It's like dawn of the dead... in a japanese high school. Nudity and gore galore. R))

Priest, (Priest that is possessed by a demon goes around kicking zombie a** in the old west... YES... that's it... ******** read it. (not too adult... PG-13ish)

Evangelion, (if you don't know what this is, you need to. Trust me... it's not supposed to make sense... WATCH THE ******** THING.... NOW! (PG-13))

Akumetsu (Of the few manga that actively criticizes the japanese government, this is what does it the best, and hell, it bases it's whole plot about it. If you are as anti-establishment as I am, you'll ******** love it. (PG-13))

These are SOME suggestions. But yeah... if you will only read one of these, read Berserk. If you are a manga lover, and you do not read berserk, someone WILL have to shoot you.  

Bloody Loon

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:01 pm
2 GREAT ones I've read lately:

- A Midnight Opera
-Me and The Devil Blues

Google them.

Also, google a site you can read scans on. They're not hard to find. XD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:03 pm
Model is one of my all-time favorites, though I suppose that's a Korean manhwa rather than a manga. I'd still suggest you check it out.

And if you're interested in American comics I'd suggest Preacher(absolutely amazing comic book), The Darkness(better than the game, IMO), and Nightstalkers(though this one delves a little into the superhero genre with appearances by Dr. Stephen Strange and Blade, Hannibal King, and Frank Drake being the main characters, and a few other Marvel appearances).  

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

master_maji

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:29 am
id suggest uzumaki (spiral will scare the ******** out of you) suicide club(also jisatsu circle by name)...and goth ******** rocks novel is better with stories.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:15 pm
Moved to Art/Literature section, since this is after all a question pertaining to "literature".  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Megumi Selwyn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:07 pm
It's an OEL manga, but Bizenghast is worth checking out. Personally, I think the author's a little full of herself, but the manga isn't bad.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:47 pm
Anything by Kaori Yuki.

I also read one called Doors of Chaos that's pretty good.

Priest, though it's Korean

Death Note, though it's very popular so you've probably at least already heard of it.

Hellsing, if you haven't read it yet.

When They Cry  

lola_siannodel

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:28 pm
I dunno if it's available as manga but my fave gothic anime is The Wallflower. That's a pretty good one.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:31 pm
Lament of the lamb is interesting so is vampire princess Miyu and Yui  

tisumie

Blessed Entrepreneur

9,525 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Informer 100
  • Brandisher 100

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:09 pm
Not really goth, but Yami no Matsuei (Descendants of Darkness) is pretty good. It's about the beurocratic system that guides people into the afterlife (it's a lot more entertaining than it sounds, trust me).  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:53 pm
gothic sports is not goth justa warn u lol its justa manga about a bunch of kids making thier own sports team.....n thier uniforms are black lol =p, go for the vampire stuff..thier is a manga called goth but its about either murder or rape......cant recall  

anti-cool=]

Sautana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:11 am
Try God Child Its very victorian  
Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items