Are you an anime/manga maniac
  Yes
  No, of course not
  OMFG ANIME/MANGA FTW
View Results

Writer Selbe

Invisible Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:42 pm
Some interesting ones I've seen: Code Geass, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin).

I agree that Ouran Host Club is a great anime. However, I prefer the manga over the anime. Just for the record, Legal Drug is a CLAMP, right? CLAMP designed the characters for Code Geass and made some of the most amazing manga out there which also inspired amazing anime. They made Tsubasa Chronicles, XXXHolic, and Magic Knight Rayearth.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:05 pm
CLAMP is amazing, jsut some of their mangas confuse me from time to time, but they are amazing none-the-less.

Death Note? Oh I liked Death Note, the ending on the other hand... almost ruined it for me.

Right now I'm reading/watching D. Gray-Man, Black Cat, Code Geass and finishing Spiral (but I'm contemplating reading the manga).

I follow Naruto and Bleach weekly too (but I'm not a freak-fan of either).

Taling Shoujo now, nn the anime I loved Lovely Complex (have to get around to reading the manga) and on manga Ashiteruze Baby.

So many other things I love, really... that I just can meantion them all. After all there are mangas and animes for a great variety of tastes and likes.  

Nyrihaz

Joonbong

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:11 pm
I think Death Note was okay, just the thought of Yaoi in it disturbs me though.
I am a fan of Bleach! Except school has stressed me to the point that I'm about 20 episodes behind now. eek
I kind of stopped watching anime for a while because of that.
Oh well, I shall catch up in the summer. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:25 pm
I heart Bleach!!!!

(and admittedly Pokemon)  

evolvingwolf

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:08 am
The manga Blade of the Immortal and the anime Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (Farewell mr Despair).
Both have anime resp. manga counterparts, but I haven't had the time to check on those sweatdrop

BotI is mindblowing action is a way you wouldn't believe. You are presented with graphic gore like when a villain is cut in pieces and it looks so darn beautiful it's nearly ridiculous. Really, if there's anything like artistic violence, it's BotI and if that wasn't enough, the characters are priceless with a realistic villain, heroine, and the anti-hero Manji. He is very likeble for a jerk :3

SZS is pure randomness and perhaps best enjoyed by those who knows the Japanese culture well - preferably by heart. There are countless word plays and references, as well as cameos by other well known animes and mangas. The main character is the suicidal teacher who seems to be almost as immortal as Manji.... (I mean, he hangs himslef countless times, gets blown up, stabbed, pied... you name it)
Hysterical laughter is granted if you can understand the jokes.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:04 pm
I've been slacking with my anime-watching/manga reading. I was reading the Reservoir Chronicles of Tsubasa, as I think the manga is better than the anime, but I haven't been reading it lately. I'm a bit behind on watching Bleach, which I think I'll do right now XP. I've finished watching Code Geass and Full Metal Alchemist, which are my two favorite animes. mrgreen  

Crystalbow
Crew

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas