Can you answer my question?
  No
  Yes
  Huh?
View Results

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:50 am
BSOD is a Window's way of telling you something is wrong with you computer. The most common issue told is an issue with the memory, but it tells you a lot more than that. Trust me, I've seen thousands of those issues.

I'll agree that Vista does lack in support with older programs, BUT it still has the ability to emulate all versions of Windows. Besides, I keep an old laptop around that runs Win2k for older games and whatnot. Since Vista CAN run Starcraft, it's good enough for me.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:15 am
hal.dll can sometimes disappear on it's own, with no explanation.
it's could possibly be an issue with the boot.ini files as well.
it's also possible that there is something physically wrong with the hard drive.  

Lucifer Over London

Maniacal Hatter

Shirtless Raider

8,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:17 am
zz1000zz
Actually, Vista is better than XP in many ways. The biggest complaint for Vista is just the memory issues, but for most people that should never be an issue.

.... I have Vista, and I've had complete system malfunctions on numerous occasions due to the severe memory issues of Vista. Its much less stable than XP is. I'd recommend going back in time instead of forwards.

Maybe pick your sibling up an ancient computer they can mess with all they want? (theres a lot of people who just want to get rid of them, even internet capable ones)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:17 am
i have an xp and the only probs i ever had was my hardwere frying or this one time my internet explorer vanished from existance O.O
dang i miss my old windows 3.1 yes it was ancient but never once did it break down it shocks me to this day. heck i even tried to mess that old 3.1 up on purpous and still no success. why are those old things so tough?  

darkrock64

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:31 pm
TwiztidMetal
zz1000zz
Actually, Vista is better than XP in many ways. The biggest complaint for Vista is just the memory issues, but for most people that should never be an issue.

.... I have Vista, and I've had complete system malfunctions on numerous occasions due to the severe memory issues of Vista. Its much less stable than XP is. I'd recommend going back in time instead of forwards.

Maybe pick your sibling up an ancient computer they can mess with all they want? (theres a lot of people who just want to get rid of them, even internet capable ones)

Most problems people have with Vista stem from hardware issues. Assuming you are current with the patches for Vista, Vista is much more stable and secure than XP.

Of course, Windows 7 blows both out of the water.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff