Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Help on a ritual? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:09 pm
TeaDidikai
Hmmmm... looks like that patina would be easy to etch into.

Do you have a ritual blade?
No, I should get one though. What would be appropriate/where could I get one?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:15 pm
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai

Depends on your personal taste really.

Myself- I've used old kitchen knives, bayonet blades, hunting blades... and I now have a beautiful peg knife that my very dear friends made for me.

I like my ritual blades to be functional. This isn't a universal position.

How about you? What kind of blade would you like?  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:24 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai

Depends on your personal taste really.

Myself- I've used old kitchen knives, bayonet blades, hunting blades... and I now have a beautiful peg knife that my very dear friends made for me.

I like my ritual blades to be functional. This isn't a universal position.

How about you? What kind of blade would you like?
Something with some character to it. Maybe a bit of design or ornateness.

EDIT: For now though, I could use a kitchen knife, some in my kit I got from school would need to be sharpened, but they have black handles, so would be appropriate. Plus plenty of them have tasted of my blood anyways.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:31 pm
Gho the Girl
First things first. Functional (live steel) or not?  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:32 pm
Gho the Girl
For now though, I could use a kitchen knife, some in my kit I got from school would need to be sharpened, but they have black handles, so would be appropriate.
Why black handles?
Quote:
Plus plenty of them have tasted of my blood anyways.
Fair enough.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:35 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
First things first. Functional (live steel) or not?
Functional. A dull blade doesn't feel as alive. It's sort of not a knife if it can't be used to cut something in my view, (which is admittedly my personal one), even if it is pretty.

Black handles because at least for this ritual, I think black will be an important color.  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:38 pm
Gho the Girl
Functional. A dull blade doesn't feel as alive. It's sort of not a knife if it can't be used to cut something in my view, (which is admittedly my personal one), even if it is pretty.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Black handles because at least for this ritual, I think black will be an important color.
Reasonable. So- I would likely start by looking for a good solid blade. Something meant as a weapon or a functional knife.

If the handle color is wrong, you can always wrap the handle or make a cover or series of covers for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:41 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
Fair enough.

Quote:
Reasonable. So- I would likely start by looking for a good solid blade. Something meant as a weapon or a functional knife.

If the handle color is wrong, you can always wrap the handle or make a cover or series of covers for it.
I'm already thinking of it. I hope I still have it somewhere in my closet. My slicer, which is a bit long, or my asian chef's knife.  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:43 pm
Gho the Girl
I'm already thinking of it. I hope I still have it somewhere in my closet. My slicer, which is a bit long, or my asian chef's knife.
Are you in a rush to perform the ritual?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:49 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
Are you in a rush to perform the ritual?
Yes and no. THere isn't some time limit nor am I in any great need, but I do have the ring, and I know that if I don't put enough focus and effort toward achieving the goal, I may ignore it and then assign guilt and shame to not having accomplished as much as I think I should have.

Yeah, I know it's not a healthy mindflow.  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:55 pm
Doing the prep work is making progress.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:57 pm
TeaDidikai
Indeed, it is. 3nodding It's a lot to think about, and as long as I'm working on it, it'll be progress. I don't wanna rush this.  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:04 pm
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Indeed, it is. 3nodding It's a lot to think about, and as long as I'm working on it, it'll be progress. I don't wanna rush this.
Good attitude.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:22 pm
Anyway, the reason to make the ring is to summon Drake, correct?

If it is not too private, how do you plan on doing this once the ring is charged with that purpose?

Will you think of the symbol that will be etched, or program words into it? Or perhaps something simple like twisting it three times.

If you chose to program it, how will you go about doing so? Burn the words and let the smoke catch the ring? Chant the instructions into the ring?

Have you thought of the purpose for each of the ideas given, should you chose to use them that is?  

Cunning Witch Angus

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:27 am
Angus of the Crooked Way
Anyway, the reason to make the ring is to summon Drake, correct?
I'm not really making the ring, I'm attuning it to Drake so that it can become a ward and implement.
Quote:

If it is not too private, how do you plan on doing this once the ring is charged with that purpose?
I don't know, I haven't considered that yet. I was thinking that as long as I wore the ring, it would be "on" or is this not a good idea?
Quote:

Will you think of the symbol that will be etched, or program words into it? Or perhaps something simple like twisting it three times.
Dunno.
Quote:

If you chose to program it, how will you go about doing so? Burn the words and let the smoke catch the ring? Chant the instructions into the ring?

Have you thought of the purpose for each of the ideas given, should you chose to use them that is?
Them that is?

And I have been, but I haven't decided on anything concrete, I just have an idea of what will go on, but not yet in which order, nor all the smaller details that will go on.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff