Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshikanjou

6,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:02 am
I'm a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki. I don't follow him closely, but I really like his work. So far I've seen:

Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
My Neighbor Totoro
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Porco Rosso
The Cat Returns
Kiki's Delivery Service
Howl's Moving Castle
Laputa, Castle in the Sky

I haven't yet seen:
Whisper of the Heart
Ponyo ('cause its not available for sale yet!)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:26 am
You should watch Whisper of the Heart then re-watch The Cat Returns. i never saw My Neighbor Totoro, Porco Rosso, or Howl's Moving Castle.  

zeithalter

Hoshikanjou

6,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:07 am
Totoro is cute in a kid's movie kind of way. I liked it because I tend to like more innocent animes, where family love is pretty predominant and there are happy endings.

Porco Rosso is pretty neat. I like how Porco's character is a rough and tough soft-hearted guy. And no one is totally what they seem at first, but having the character development blossom like that seems to be something Hayao Miyazaki likes to have in his movies.

Howl's Moving Castle varies a lot from the book, if you've ever read the book. The book isn't terribly kid friendly. It's a bit more graphic.

I put the movies on my birthday/christmas wishlists, and this year for my birthday I chose Totoro. Heehee. I will definitely do what you suggest when I get Whisper of the Heart.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:04 pm
I'v seen NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky,
My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Porco Rosso, Spirited Away,
Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke and I'm probably missing one or two.

My first I saw and favorite is Spirited Away. But all of his films are amazing I wish I owned them all eek

x - Johnny HazardXx

Zumae

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:19 am
I've seen Spirited Away, Howls Moving Castle, Grave of the Fireflies, Kiki's Delivery Service and Princess Mononoke. The only one I didn't like was Princess Mononoke. As for the other ones I really liked them all so I can't choose a favorite.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:35 am
I am a fan of studio ghibli so I have seen most of his work.

I've seen Nausicca, Laputa, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Ponyo, and Howls Moving Castle.

The only one I have not seen is Porco Rosso.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

Queens Gaurd Dog

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 pm
i only have spirited away and i love kohaku <33  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:01 pm
I'd have to say Howl's Moving Castle. Even though technically it wasn't his because it was a book with a sequel , but I still loved it!

BTW READ THE BOOK! REALLY DIFFERENT FROM THE MOVIE O_o  

L M Ritwock

Tipsy Darling

Vaknar21

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:47 pm
mischievousmew
Who else has seen any Hayao Miyazaki films? Which ones are your favorite? What was the first Hayao Miyazaki film you saw?

I've seen Spirited Away, Nasicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, and a little bit of Howl's Moving Castle. My favorite would have to be Princess Mononoke.
They're ******** awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xd His movies are great. I love watching them when I have a chance. The first one that I saw was Howl's Moving Castle, then Kiki's Delivery Service, and then Spirited Away, and so on, thanks to my friend Laura (who is a complete anime fan) and my fiance. There was always something sad that would happen to the main character but they always recovered! blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:29 pm
Zumae
I've seen Spirited Away, Howls Moving Castle, Grave of the Fireflies, Kiki's Delivery Service and Princess Mononoke. The only one I didn't like was Princess Mononoke. As for the other ones I really liked them all so I can't choose a favorite.

What!? How can you not have liked Princess Mononoke, what was wrong with it?  

zeithalter

zemo101

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:59 pm
seen all the movies excepy ponyo and the cat returns...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:23 am
Hmm.. there's a lot I've yeat to see. D:

I've only seen:

My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Spirited Away
Grave of the Fireflies
Castle in the Sky

I wanna see Ponyo though. :3  

SaintHiroku

Zumae

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:42 pm
zeithalter
Zumae

What!? How can you not have liked Princess Mononoke, what was wrong with it?

I just didn't like it. I got bored watching it pretty quickly. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:51 am
mischievousmew
Who else has seen any Hayao Miyazaki films? Which ones are your favorite? What was the first Hayao Miyazaki film you saw?

I've seen Spirited Away, Nasicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, and a little bit of Howl's Moving Castle. My favorite would have to be Princess Mononoke.

... eek you must be my long-lost twin or something, because those are all MY faves, too~! 4laugh

My first Miyazaki film was Nasicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I watched that and Kiki's Delivery Service one night with my BFF Alexis. My all-time favorite is Spirited Away. biggrin  

RegalWolfyFox

RegalWolfyFox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:53 am
Oh, I've seen "The Cat Returns" too~! It's so KAWAII~!  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff