Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Read Reed or Picture Frame? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:34 pm
younameme qwerty
I awoke this morning think'n about law enforcement, how if a cop shoots a proverbial bad guy, it would be absurd to tell him ye Must harm nOne, Oops.
Good example. I'll be stealing that one.
Quote:

why in the world wide web would a gentile want to eat kosher??
This is actually a misnomer.
One does not "eat kashrut", there are elements of kashrut that direct how foodstuff is made, but that's because it's addressing the "proper" way to make it. Kashrut also refers to properly constructed ritual items and the like after all.
Quote:

orthodox Jews have told me that it is not a health issue, I bag to differ..
Differ bags all you want. For the Orthodox Jews, it isn't a matter of health. It's a matter of observance to the Law their god laid down to them. It's rather insulting for you to contradict them.
Quote:

any way I don't want to talk about the Christians unless any one wants deep inside information. I am (not named yet*******)
an ex christian
Which information are you talking about?

Quote:
and a non wiCan who has some interest in the Wican religion, and at this tyme is called to walk a solitary path...
Could you do me a favor and use proper spelling, punctuation and grammar. Your posts are almost painful to read.
Also- how about answerin' the questions I asked.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:58 am
I have some good friends who are Jewish. Heath does not only imply the physical, ones religion should bring spiritual health, they are following their religion..so be it. in Christianity the old testament is totally adopted and given new meaning. I have many reasons for leaving Christianity and it seems to me that my experiences would be helpful to others that are struggling, or questioning if they are being brain washed. I really do want to be successfully rehabilitated, and believe that you guys are doing a good work. I want to move on now, I came here for a reason. I only wish i had been more respectful and introduced my self 1'st. You know I am not just saying I am not Wican, I had quite a religious experience the last few days, watching the videos of Twistinways. it is quite a shock! But I Do understand.
please tell me your view on Harm. It will help me give a better answer, psychiatrist always ask if you want to harm your self or others, I of course always say no, cause its the truth......  

younameme qwerty

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:14 am
younameme qwerty
I have some good friends who are Jewish. Heath does not only imply the physical, ones religion should bring spiritual health, they are following their religion..so be it.
You have a point. However- the idea that one can casually equate health which is used to especially denote being free from physical disease or pain, it isn't the most accurate way to communicate the concept. Not only that, but why would we assume that religion and not the individual's effort be the key to bringing about spiritual wellbeing?
Quote:

in Christianity the old testament is totally adopted and given new meaning.
That's a bit of a generalization there.
Quote:

I have many reasons for leaving Christianity and it seems to me that my experiences would be helpful to others that are struggling, or questioning if they are being brain washed.
What if you were wrong to leave Christendom? I mean, you engaged in a covenant. What does that say about your spiritual wellbeing? Your honor? The Value of your Word and Name? Your dedication to deities?

Quote:
please tell me your view on Harm. It will help me give a better answer, psychiatrist always ask if you want to harm your self or others, I of course always say no, cause its the truth......
Psychiatrists are looking to see if your are dangerous to yourself or others. They have a clinical definition of harm used for evaluating mental stability. It doesn't match up with all of the philosophical views.

Harm is to inflict physical or mental damage. Contrast this with hurt- which is measuring pain.

For example, one can harm someone and not cause pain- people who hand others booze or alcohol are causing harm by introducing toxins into the body. But they aren't hurting them.

And then you come across situations where people are causing harm no matter what- for example, if a friend is on heroine. Giving them their fix may kill them, or it may prevent them from dying from withdrawal. On the other hand, denying them their fix leads to withdrawal which is incredibly painful and perhaps even deadly in the right conditions- but it could end up saving their life.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:25 am
Here's a second example.

The USA has Anti-Weed campaign commercials, saying that others getting you to smoke weed basically ruins your life. I personally don't think that the USA should be protesting weed that much, because from my understanding (and it's not very extensive), weed is far less harmful than smoking cigarettes (due to the chemicals added) or doing drugs like cocaine and meth. I think they should be eradicating those hard drugs and cigarettes more heavily than weed because I think they are more harmful to people, seeing as meth and cocaine addictions can kill you fairly easily. Others think that weed is terrible and will make you go crazy insane and violent (see: reefer mania). I think it just makes you spaced out and gets you hungry after a while.

That's the sort of thing you need to think about.

Do you think you need a list of topics to help you get started on what you deem as harmful?  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:57 am
As a note:

There is an extraordinarily rare effect of weed called Cannibinoid Psychosis, which resembles paranoid schizophrenia. There's also some research out there suggesting that weed can worsen schizophrenia or even trigger its flare up in people with a high potential for it.

Linky  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:13 pm
Recursive Paradox
As a note:
There is an extraordinarily rare effect of weed called Cannibinoid Psychosis, which resembles paranoid schizophrenia. There's also some research out there suggesting that weed can worsen schizophrenia or even trigger its flare up in people with a high potential for it.
Linky

Really? I'd never heard of that. That's interesting though 3nodding  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

younameme qwerty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:41 am
like a doctor harms disease, Like a teacher poisons ignorance Like a policeman hurts crime... pain is the DEVIL.. Jesus never left me when we left his so called house, I Don't really call my self a christian, in that circle I am a more of christian mystic, I can not except that i must say (oath) that the "hOLY bible" is inherit, infallible, utterly accurate, and Divinely inspired and that is required for most TRUE BELIEVER TYPE CHURCHES...for me to be counted a member of a body I already feel I belonged to..
I saw a synonym for Harm- iniquity, How interesting. they openly teach that masturbation is a sin, when they should be teaching sacred space and passion for life, They will tell you that witchcraft is harmful, I think its perfectly cool to be a good witch...It's not about semantics, Its healthy to have an awareness of what you are.. and play a role... How do you feel about the book going around Bornagain Christendom called Wicca' Satan's little white lie? or as you may know a Halloween video goes around every year bashing all kinds of paganism. To me a good witch is a wisewoman.. I will help newbie fluffy's to understand.......maybe its to Wicca's advantage so people who hear the owl cal their name, wont run around saying"I am wiccan," The christian interpretation of witchcraft and magic and astrology and sensuality, and imagination, and Non circumcision , and .. well they believe these thing are harmful and I don't. I did not say these things were with out harmful potential..Harm is a mighty tough and powerful word to grapple with..  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:29 pm
I literally can't read your post.

My dyslexia forced me to restart the post at the top three times. It would likely take about six more for me to get from beginning to end and that's if my brain wasn't so fried on focusing that I could actually understand what you were trying to say.

Now please, for the sake of my sanity, repost that with paragraphs and proper punctuation.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces