Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Reiki? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:59 pm
TeaDidikai
I'd honestly like to know myself. I'm always curious out other people's traditions.
Quote:

What is YHYHVH is a Middle Eastern deity, known for slaying whole cities, killing first borns and later incarnating and acting as a human-deity sacrifice.
VH?

Why is that a rule?.

Whose rule? Who enforces the rule?
Quote:
Two I didn't tell them where to put it I was the closest person. Those are my thoughts.
Interesting.

It is just the Threefold and Karmic rule. Don't force your will onto someone else. I am ok with that I just wonder how I was able to do it. I believe it is because I cared for her alot. The power of love but not sure about that one.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:08 pm
Zercia

It is just the Threefold and Karmic rule.
Ummm... neither of those are actually in play here.

The Threefold Law and Karma are very specific metaphysical principals. One stemming from the Wica, one stemming from Eastern religions- Hinduism and later Buddhism.

See, the Threefold Law merely says what you do comes back to you thee times. How that is expressed is taught differently in different traditions. Kudzu, who is Kingstone, suggested that it influences your mind, body and emotions (or maybe it was spiritual wellbeing).

Quote:

Don't force your will onto someone else.
Why not?
Quote:

I am ok with that I just wonder how I was able to do it.
How do you know you did anything at all? She could have simply responded to the rest compounded with the heat from your hands.

You could have been sitting on your leg funny the whole time.  

TeaDidikai

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:20 pm
TeaDidikai
Zercia

It is just the Threefold and Karmic rule.
Ummm... neither of those are actually in play here.

The Threefold Law and Karma are very specific metaphysical principals. One stemming from the Wica, one stemming from Eastern religions- Hinduism and later Buddhism.

See, the Threefold Law merely says what you do comes back to you thee times. How that is expressed is taught differently in different traditions. Kudzu, who is Kingstone, suggested that it influences your mind, body and emotions (or maybe it was spiritual wellbeing).

Quote:

Don't force your will onto someone else.
Why not?
Quote:

I am ok with that I just wonder how I was able to do it.
How do you know you did anything at all? She could have simply responded to the rest compounded with the heat from your hands.

You could have been sitting on your leg funny the whole time.

I am a Strong belief in Karma because I was hit by the cozmic bus. It hurt alot I was hit by a Van when walking across the street. That day a hour before it happened I said if I don't change my ways I will fall again. It hurts when it happened. I can read people and move them. I was doing things I should of been doing and paid the price. I do like some of the ideas of Buddhism just couldn't follow it fully.

I don't know what I did still looking into it. I still have the pain to this day trying to heal it. It could be just what you said.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Zercia
I am a Strong belief in Karma
Alright. In what way has your dharma brought this karma to you? Maybe you shouldn't have been helping her if the result in your opinion is being inflicted with pain.

Quote:

It hurt alot I was hit by a Van when walking across the street. That day a hour before it happened I said if I don't change my ways I will fall again.
This really has nothing to do with Karma. Perhaps you are thinking of the ethic of reciprocity?

Quote:
It hurts when it happened. I can read people and move them. I was doing things I should of been doing and paid the price.

What makes you think that reading people and acting upon that is immoral?  

TeaDidikai

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:38 pm
TeaDidikai

It hurt alot I was hit by a Van when walking across the street. That day a hour before it happened I said if I don't change my ways I will fall again.
This really has nothing to do with Karma. Perhaps you are thinking of the ethic of reciprocity?

Quote:
It hurts when it happened. I can read people and move them. I was doing things I should of been doing and paid the price.

What makes you think that reading people and acting upon that is immoral?

Never heard of ethic of reciprocity I will look it up. I know of the Karmic one but that came from a I read and a few pagans I talked with.
Since I was able to see things I moved them to what I wanted so I forced my will. Put my thoughts into what the choose.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Zercia

Never heard of ethic of reciprocity I will look it up. I know of the Karmic one but that came from a I read and a few pagans I talked with.
You've been misinformed.

Karma is what is accrued when you violate dharma. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
Since I was able to see things I moved them to what I wanted so I forced my will. Put my thoughts into what the choose.
So?  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:04 pm
TeaDidikai
Zercia
A white light blasted in the room she got up and went to the bathroom. The guy got a cut on his face and the girl that was hurt came running into the room saying she was in no pain. I was shocked the next morning I awoke with the pain and so did the other girl. I am looking for answers to what I did that day. What are your thoughts?
At this point? Mr. Dark to be honest.

Seems like it to me. >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:11 pm
TeaDidikai
Zercia

You've been misinformed.

Quote:
So?

This is what I was told Karma was so it is not that.
Karma is the concept of "action" or "deed" in Indian religions understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect originating in ancient India and treated in Hindu, Jain, Sikh and Buddhist philosophies.

In these systems, the effects of all deeds are viewed as actively shaping past, present, and future experiences. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala.  

Zercia

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:11 pm
Zercia
TeaDidikai
Zercia

You've been misinformed.

Quote:
So?

This is what I was told Karma was so it is not that.
Karma is the concept of "action" or "deed" in Indian religions understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect originating in ancient India and treated in Hindu, Jain, Sikh and Buddhist philosophies.

In these systems, the effects of all deeds are viewed as actively shaping past, present, and future experiences. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala.
The problem is your explanation leaves out Dharma. You can't separate the concepts.

For example- someone steals something. If that someone is a thief, there is no Karma. If that someone is not a thief, there is Karma.

Karma isn't good or bad. It simply is. It merely continues the incarnation process (whichever that is based on the theology).  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:00 am
I think I'm going to forgo Reiki for now and work on using Aspect and Essence channeling to heal.

I'll look into it after I get some more success in formulating a good method within the context of Etherism.  

Recursive Paradox

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:12 am
I don't know why I didn't see this before. *_*

Recursive Paradox
Is it a situation where attunement gives you an affinity with the Reiki source?

Yes. My most recent teacher said getting an attunement is kind of like a spiritual booster. Working from a buddhist perspective, it's not necessary to attain spiritual enlightenment (and a lot of it has to do with buddhist principles since the founder was buddhist), but it can make the process go faster. Whether you think you are ready for this is really up to you.

As for affinities, during attunements, depending on which one you get, one of 4 (or 6 depending on who you're talking to) gets basically branded into your aura. Because of that you are able to tap into that aspect of universal energy more easily. If you try to use the symbols without the attunement, it won't work. On the other hand, once you become so used to dealing with that specific aspect of energy, you won't need the symbols as focus points anymore. Of course, this may be helpful for you since you said you would like to work on your healing abilities.

Beforehand I would've said reiki cannot hurt. And it's true, the energy can't. But getting the attunements is a different matter. The first has to do with the physical body so you might feel physically odd afterwards. It may affect your body like cold symptoms so you must drink a lot of water afterwards as your body is adjusting to the more opened energy channels. The second reiki attunement is more a mental/emotional aspect. I can tell you that I literally felt my crown chakra almost caving in on itself (probably not possible) and it felt like while the energy was pouring in it was like my whole world was turned upside down and someone had taken some chopsticks and scrambled my brains. Not fun when I'm trying to enjoy my sushi dinner. sweatdrop I probably should've been practicing with reiki before the attunement because I was a bit rusty.

Also a friend brought up the fact that someone else is branding something onto your aura forever. He didn't like the idea that they would have that power over me, and thinks it's better if I were to attain that ability with energy by myself. I personally don't think it to be a negative thing, considering reiki is a healing, positive thing. On the upside, you act as a channel with the energy coming through your crown chakra and out of your palm chakras, so you won't have to worry about energy drain from your person.

I know you already decided not to but I thought it might be good to give you a perspective since you didn't get a lot of your questions answered.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:29 am
Sophist
gets basically branded into your aura.
Who on earth told you that?

Quote:
On the other hand, once you become so used to dealing with that specific aspect of energy, you won't need the symbols as focus points anymore.
What makes you think that the symbols are mere foci?

Quote:
I probably should've been practicing with reiki before the attunement because I was a bit rusty.
What teacher did your attunement before checking to see if you were ready?!

Quote:
He didn't like the idea that they would have that power over me,
Your friend apparently doesn't understand what an attunement is or how it functions.  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:40 pm
TeaDidikai
Sophist
gets basically branded into your aura.
Who on earth told you that?

My last teacher.

Quote:
Quote:
On the other hand, once you become so used to dealing with that specific aspect of energy, you won't need the symbols as focus points anymore.
What makes you think that the symbols are mere foci?

So says the last teacher, though I'm more agreeing with the idea that you can't access this energy in the first place if you don't have the attunement. But then, it's said that Usui was able to be self-attuned and found the symbols himself, so...

Quote:
Quote:
I probably should've been practicing with reiki before the attunement because I was a bit rusty.
What teacher did your attunement before checking to see if you were ready?!

Both.

Quote:
Quote:
He didn't like the idea that they would have that power over me,
Your friend apparently doesn't understand what an attunement is or how it functions.

Apparently. He has no experience with it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:46 pm
Sophist, didn't we discuss the probability that your teacher may have a blended system, not pure Reiki? Or was that with Leaf Worship? I can't remember exactly.

But I do know that "branding it into your aura" doesn't sound right at all for what little I understand about the system of energy work.

I know that for me, affinity adjustment through psychodrama never has permanent effects. Although some of the energy flows you channel can permanently scar you if you are using an energy that is not healthy for humans to be exposed to. Like say, the Void/Entropy Aspect.  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:51 pm
Sophist

My last teacher.
I'm still quite curious as to this teacher's lineage. I'm hoping to find some glaringly obvious reason your tradition is phrasing things like this.

Quote:

So says the last teacher, though I'm more agreeing with the idea that you can't access this energy in the first place if you don't have the attunement. But then, it's said that Usui was able to be self-attuned and found the symbols himself, so...
Who said that Usui self-attuned? confused

Quote:

Both.
I suppose if you're comfortable with that- it's up to you. I'd find a new teacher, what you described here is something I would consider tantamount to spiritual molestation.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff