Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Shattering the Mirror Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:16 am
TeaDidikai
[thread=April Fools 2009] For whatever it's worth, all the setup for this was accurate. And the feelings I express, while having nothing to do with Buddhism were in fact similar to the experiences from my own early spiritual life.

Happy April Fools Folks
emo / talk2hand  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:20 am
Sometimes it's necessary to go through the painful and highly unpleasant experience of shattering every inch of your comprehension of the world to get to the world beyond.

Doesn't make it less ow though. sweatdrop

You can always poke me over IM if you just want to let it all out.

I couldn't say I went through exactly the same thing, but when Christianity blew up for me and then philosophical empiricism exploded soon after I had what seems to be similar experiences. x_x

*facepalm* I hate April fool's day. I really really do.  

Recursive Paradox

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:39 am
I know very little about Buddhism itself, and I can't imagine the level of what you're going through, since I'm not sure I've ever quite been there myself.

That aside, I think that part of what's so scary about it is examining it when it's still raw. When a major change happens, it leaves you vulnerable to yourself and the world in all sorts of ways, and it's like trying to deal with a wicked scrape on your knee right after it's happened-- even the necessary parts sting.

So deal with what's absolutely necessary, and then give yourself the breathing space to let the rawness fade enough that you can poke at it more without dizzying yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:00 pm
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
[thread=April Fools 2009] For whatever it's worth, all the setup for this was accurate. And the feelings I express, while having nothing to do with Buddhism were in fact similar to the experiences from my own early spiritual life.

Happy April Fools Folks
emo / talk2hand
I was about to say something all heartfelt like, "sometimes it's good to shatter so you can build up better than before." Then I saw the white text. sweatdrop

Now I'm torn between giggling and smacking you upside the head for making me all concern-y. XP

(Although, admittedly the date did flash briefly through my mind as I was reading your post, but I prefer to err on the side of compassion.)  

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:24 pm
mute_coyote

Now I'm torn between giggling and smacking you upside the head for making me all concern-y. XP

(

See what ya did Tea? SEE!?

People got all concerned and help-y. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:19 pm
mute_coyote
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai

Happy April Fools Folks
emo / talk2hand

I was about to say something all heartfelt like, "sometimes it's good to shatter so you can build up better than before." Then I saw the white text. sweatdrop

(Although, admittedly the date did flash briefly through my mind as I was reading your post, but I prefer to err on the side of compassion.)
I was expecting it. xD  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:47 pm
HA! I KNEW IT!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:31 pm
ninja

I also do vouch for the whole of my own post in this thread - sounds a lot like what I felt for a time. The 'woah, Buddhist' feeling was very overwhelming. But I gotta say I did know what this was from the get go - I was brought in as a consultant.

biggrin  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:18 pm
Byaggha
ninja

I also do vouch for the whole of my own post in this thread - sounds a lot like what I felt for a time. The 'woah, Buddhist' feeling was very overwhelming. But I gotta say I did know what this was from the get go - I was brought in as a consultant.

biggrin

Conspiracy! gonk

rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:29 pm
mute_coyote
Conspiracy! gonk

rofl
A big, soulless conspiracy!  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:32 pm
Byaggha
mute_coyote
Conspiracy! gonk

rofl

xd It took me a moment to get that. I took a course on Buddhism a year ago, so my vocab is a bit rusty. >_>;;  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:36 pm
Byaggha
mute_coyote
Conspiracy! gonk

rofl

You soulless monsters Buddhists! crying  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:48 pm
Bravo!
Nicely done ladies biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:12 pm
Recursive Paradox
blaugh
Gho the Girl
emo / talk2hand
twisted
mute_coyote
Why would those be mutually exclusive.
patch99329
See what ya did Tea? SEE!?

People got all concerned and help-y. talk2hand
I would have thought the first dead giveaway would have been noticing me talking indepth and so openly about my feelings in public forum. wink

This wasn't as beautiful as the one three years ago though.
SpaceTerminal Destiny
I was expecting it. xD
:angel:

maenad nuri
HA! I KNEW IT!
Well... yeah?

But you have to admit, the setup was beautiful.

Byaggha
But I gotta say I did know what this was from the get go - I was brought in as a consultant.
biggrin
heart

mute_coyote

Conspiracy! gonk

rofl
3nodding

Also? Let's face it guys- the only thing more far fetched would be me joining the UU.

In other news- I totally PUNKED my bosses today. In a solemn and straight faced manner, I informed them that AJ and I had been talking about having a family, and that as it turned out I was already a couple months along.
The downside was that this was my two weeks notice.

They almost died.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:26 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
blaugh

Part of it is jealousy that I can never think of anything good enough in my mind to fool people with.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff