Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I'm going back to church tommorow, Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:07 pm
misssuzy
I'm not going to waist my time here anymore, you guys are very twisted, you act old and wise but your answers suggest total immaturity and disrespect go burn some white sage and and spend some time on earth...

And yet another who chooses not to listen...

Well, she'll come around in time after being exposed to some other people.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:08 pm
misssuzy
I'm not going to waist my time here anymore, you guys are very twisted,

Twisted how? Because we don't blow sunshine up your a**?
Oh baby, I'll be as twisted as a licorice rope the rest of my days.
Quote:
you act old and wise but your answers suggest total immaturity and disrespect

PROJECTION. GOOD TIMES FOR ALL.
Quote:
go burn some white sage and and spend some time on earth...

Why would I want to burn white sage?
I live on Earth. ********, technically I live in the Earth.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:10 pm
Ahh, please while you are in church make sure you tell everyone you are a Christian-Wiccan.
It's only fair.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:11 pm
I'd like to address the question you asked. There's plenty others asking you important questions, which is good, and those who know a lot more about Wicca than me can tell you why you might think that you are Wiccan when you are something else.

But the question about whether you're a hypocrite for wanting to both go to church while simultaneously engaging in activities specifically frowned upon by your church...

Yes. That is hypocritical. I like to sing with people and have their companionship too, but that doesn't have to be in a religious context.

You sound confused, which is fine. But going about it in a fashion that says you want to have your cake and eat it too and not be questioned is pretty much just going to get people upset at you, and with good reason.  

TatteredAngel

Adalyna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:21 pm
if I may, and I hope that I'm right myself. I believe the cause of this communicative problem here is that OP doesn't realize the misuse of words. For example, not knowing what Wicca actually refers to, perhaps it may sound like the others are saying she is not entitled to her beliefs. I'm not accusing anyone here of actually saying that, but it seems to me the OP is confusing Pagan and Wiccan, which I believe is actually a very common misconception. Then again my understanding of the word Pagan makes it difficult to be a Pagan Christian as well but I'm having trouble finding the right words myself. I know I used to be guilty of this misconception, long ago, and then even when I knew the difference my concept of Wicca was still way off the mark.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:27 pm
that would be a disaster, I am not confused a bit, you have twisted my words and intentions beyond recognition, you have made this one of the all time wurst on line experiences I have ever had, how dare you! say i said things i did not even hint at, bashing? that was the point, that I don't need it from either of you!

Gaia Guilds

Back to Registry

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how.

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch Dah  

younameme qwerty

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:29 pm
Asahi Sara
if I may, and I hope that I'm right myself. I believe the cause of this communicative problem here is that OP doesn't realize the misuse of words.

-nod- That's what I figured as well.
Quote:
It seems to me the OP is confusing Pagan and Wiccan, which I believe is actually a very common misconception.

I kind of thought she was using the "Wicca is about loving nature and the Goddess and the God and we do good and no evil because we are ordered to 'Harm none.'" misconception of Wicca and that's why she didn't understand what was being asked of with lineage and why not having a lineage in a valid tradition of Wicca means she's not Wiccan.
But now that you say it, the Pagan = Wicca is probably at play too wink .  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:32 pm
misssuzy
that would be a disaster, I am not confused a bit, you have twisted my words and intentions beyond recognition,

To be fair, yes, I did address a specific phrase in your OP because it did not seem very...accurate to me.
I asked some questions, and now here we are. I'm still asking questions, and you're still not answering anything.
Quote:
you have made this one of the all time wurst on line experiences I have ever had,

If this is seriously one of your worst online experiences, you should consider yourself lucky neutral
But, breaking down of misconceptions and other misinformation after clinging to them so tightly is always hard. I know. I've gone through it as well. But, in the end, you're a better person for it.
Quote:
how dare you! say i said things i did not even hint at, bashing? that was the point, that I don't need it from either of you!

I figured that's what you meant when you were complaining about your beliefs being run through the ringer. Forgive me if I misinterpreted.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:33 pm
misssuzy
that would be a disaster, I am not confused a bit, you have twisted my words and intentions beyond recognition,

Actually, no, they haven't. They've informed you that you've got a fundamental misunderstanding of what the term Wicca means. Probably having been misled by crappy authors and the like.

Wicca is an orthopraxic lineaged fertility witchcult. If you don't stick to the orthopraxy as set by Gerald Gardner or have an initiatory lineage to Gerald Gardner, you aren't Wiccan.

Doesn't mean your religion is untrue, but it means you're using the wrong term.

Quote:
you have made this one of the all time wurst on line experiences I have ever had, how dare you! say i said things i did not even hint at, bashing? that was the point, that I don't need it from either of you!

Fine, cry your eyes out because some people were trying to educate you, to give you a better, correct understanding of the world. b***h and moan and whine away to Mama Silver and her ilk as they lead you up the path of ignorance, filling your mind with lies and bullshit until that's all that's left. You've been offered knowledge, it's entirely up to you that you've chosen to discard it in favor of lies.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:34 pm
I think we all have, Vi. Only when it happened to me I wasn't stating I was of the Wica. I was stating facts that I thought was Wica but was really Tvvanism.

Then I cam here after a long hiatus.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Adalyna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:36 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

I kind of thought she was using the "Wicca is about loving nature and the Goddess and the God and we do good and no evil because we are ordered to 'Harm none.'" misconception of Wicca and that's why she didn't understand

Ahhh that's what I thought too... And I think, there's probably some compromise someone could come to between those sets of beliefs, though I wouldn't properly know what to call it.

I guess what I was trying to tell OP is that it's not her BELIEFS people are questioning, its her misuse of the term Wicca  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:38 pm
Asahi Sara
Violet Song jat Shariff

I kind of thought she was using the "Wicca is about loving nature and the Goddess and the God and we do good and no evil because we are ordered to 'Harm none.'" misconception of Wicca and that's why she didn't understand

Ahhh that's what I thought too... And I think, there's probably some compromise someone could come to between those sets of beliefs, though I wouldn't properly know what to call it.

I guess what I was trying to tell OP is that it's not her BELIEFS people are questioning, its her misuse of the term Wicca

Quite a few people have taken to calling the form of Paganism that draws heavily on outer-court information by the name Tvaan 3nodding .  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:38 pm
misssuzy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:39 pm
Paranormal Zombiiie
misssuzy

Seconded 3nodding .  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff