Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Creator of Destruction

6,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:22 pm
Music rarely inspires my ideas, but it does help with the phrasing of them. But the places where I draw inspiration are so random and incoherent that I sometimes wonder if I'm going about this the right way. It seems to work, though, so I've decided to continue the method.

At any rate, my first completed novel was inspired entirely by a character in a South Park episode. Anyone remember the episode when Lucifer's son, Damien, came to South Park? Cue novel. I also wrote a short story based on a scene from Hook, and my second novel was inspired by my desire to write a powerless character who was called on to do something that required incredible power. My most recent projects have been inspired by deviantart images, and the idea of taboo romance. It's really all over the map for me; I try to keep an open mind and take ideas no matter where they come from.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:41 pm
My inspiration comes from my characters themselves, who are inspired by anything and everything I find around me. Songs, snippets of conversations art, other books, anything at all. Once the character springs to life inside my mind I feel obligated to give them a story or add them to an existing story.
When it comes to scenes themselves, I find myself almost entirely inspired by music, although I am a firm believer in the inspirational power of a boring lecture. I've had some of my most lyrical pieces begun amid a sleep filled class. biggrin

Evermore Reality

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Violet Mascara

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:56 pm
Inspiration for me usually comes from walking around and taking in my surrondings, paying attention to the little details and making mental notes on it. Usually the rush comes more so in the winter, because when everything is crisp and icy, it seems clearer to me. Anything in nature or in the city sparks something for me, whether it be the white lilies in my neighbor's garden, the stray dog that comes by my house everyday, who's ribs I could count, or the new, rude waitress at my favorite diner. Ideas also come to me when I listen to my friend's experiences, or watching the News channel, getting inspiration from the amazing things that have happened to them, like winning the lottery or being able to go to Germany for the school year, or the tragic things. A new, good friend recently told me that her mother died last Christmas, but she seemed pretty calm about it.

So, in a nutshell, I mostly get inspiration from my surrondings. Occasionally, song lyrics give me ideas but I usually make those into songfics and they don't end up too well. If I get an idea from music, it's usually from a piano piece or classical tune, or even techno, just something without voice. Also, any forms of art--painting, sketching, sculpting, mindless doodles, music, or even other writing gets my brain going.

Wow, that was long, I'm so sorry, I just had to share the full experiences, however cheesy that sounds. gonk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:46 am
I think I draw most of my inspiration from music and movies and sometimes my own experiences with things. I write mostly psychological/emotional young adult fiction and seeing as I am a young adult at the moment my experiences at school and with my family are largely impacting everything at the moment. Right now I'm working on what I'm hoping to turn into a novel about five teenagers who commit a crime which indirectly kills one of them leaving the other four to face conviction for murder but I'm not quite sure how it's all going to work yet. I've found that m best writing comes from me not bothering to plan anything at all so that's what I'm planning to do ^L^ It's interesting reading what some of you guys get you're inspiration from though smile  

cre8ive_ovadose

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Crystalbow
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:02 pm
I seem to find inspiration in high places, especially when it's snowing or raining. I don't know what it is, but when I'm high up, everything becomes clearer. If those (censoring my swearing) pigeons would stop living on our balcony, I would take a notebook out there and write.  
Writing Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff