Welcome to Gaia! ::

Learn to Become a Literate Role-Player

Back to Guilds

This guild is for those new to RPing who wish to expand their abilites and become Literate Role-Players! 

Tags: Role Playing, Learn, Literate, RPing, Writing 

Reply Dump Folder (Old Guild Stuff for Old Members)
Pet Peeves of the Literate Kind. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got a pet peeve?
  Sure do!
  Nope!
  What are pet peeve's?
View Results

wolvesofmibu666

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:51 pm
That is alright Angel, I think that I will refrain from doing something that I know will bother others. I try not to be inconsiderate. That is just the mark of an unpleasant person. Me, I am only mean because I know that being hard on people works. On the inside I would like everyone to be happy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:43 pm
I edited my pet peeves. I hope you enjoy them. LOL! 4laugh  

Ookami hime95
Crew

Hygienic Vampire

Rene Miashi
Captain

8,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:41 am
I've got a new one.

When the people you are RPing with respond to thoughts. It's annoying as all hell. I simple add thoughts so others can better understand the things I say, but when they answer self imposed questions it's a b***h to react to them. stressed

Sorry for the bad english... it makes me angry...

Also, when other RPers think that just because a character of the oppsite sex talks to their character, they suddenly like them. I'm about ready to have my RPC kill off a few people. I can't have a freaking harem of girls running around after my one male character. Can you say annoying much?

UGH!!!!

stare  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:48 pm
*Pokes RM* Calm down, you are supposed to set an example, and we can't be having our captain explode. xd  

Ookami hime95
Crew

Hygienic Vampire

NachtKatzchen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:59 pm
Here are a few of my peeves...

Using the same character for everything. If you want your character to have any sort of life or any real story line they shouldn't be in 56 (just a number but an example none the less) rps at the same time >_<

Mixing up character names.

one liners without reason.

the word boner....there is no excuse..ever.. for this word.

dying RPs

not enough RPs...

RPs that at first call for something and then everyone joins one side leaving the other with like one or 2... >_< if you're going to join an rp...please pay attention to what is needed >_<

ok.i'm done.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:21 pm
Pet peeve 1- When people don't use third-person P.O.V;You're not the character,you're the writer,and also the character is not your best friend.
Pet peeve 2- When people use '**' or '--' or '~~'.That should only be used for PMs or chatrooms.

Depressed_Devils_Wings

Shirtless Lover

6,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Crossing The Frames

Conservative Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:39 pm

No indentation/breaking into paragraphs- Most readers get confused upon reading a big wall of text without breaking them based on turn of events.

Unreasonable, long posts- Truthfully, I don't mind long posts. But writing ten paragraphs just to describe their characters drinking a glass of water is just impractical, and a waste of brain power. A Literate Role Player should know when to appropriately write a long piece.

I have more, but in the mean time....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:51 pm
Sorry Ookami... It just makes me so angry when people do that! What do they think they are? Psychic!!!!????

Anyway, I like first person RPs. They're fun when everyone can do it correctly. whee  

Rene Miashi
Captain

8,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Angel_Rowen
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:40 pm
When I can't be with you, I sigh...
When I hurt your feelings, I cry...

My biggest pet peeve is when you start an RP, people join, and then they only post a few times, comments, etc. then you never even hear from them again. UGH! It just irates me!

I also am flabergasted at how people can randomly turn proper english in to "txt-tlk". An RP, or just writing for that matter, is not cell phone time. Everyone went through second and third grade. Proper english was established in first grade, grammar second, and punctuation third! How can you not know how to write properly! RAWR!

Another big problem of mine is how RPers think that slang is alright to type in. If your character speaks through slang, fine, i don't care, but make it only when your character speaks, not every word that spews from the tips of your fingers.

Also, not every word can be edited to suit your fancy with an apostrophy. Yes, I put "Ne'ertheless" a lot of times, but it makes sense. Hell, I even say ne'ertheless. But I do not say Nevert'eless. The ******** is that?!?! Never-t'e-less? That's not even word. Place apostrophies where they are properly due or where they will make sense, please!

And ain't holds no proper formation in the english language. Ain't is actually just a lazy way of say "am not", "are not", "will not", "cannot". Those are the words that are supplimented with Ain't. Here's an easier way... I'm not. You're not. I/You/He/She won't. You/he/she/it can't. Now is that truely so hard?

My biggest problem yet is when I meet someone who can speak perfect english (no slang, nothing), write perfectly (no/few mistakes) but when they RP, they use txt-tlk and slang! How the hell does that make any sense! If you speak it, write it! If you can't speak, you still better ******** write it!

Sorry, but that is my rant. Also... STOP STEALING MY ******** PINK!!!!!! I enjoy using this colour and then random people start using it! WTF?!?! mad scream

If you ever left me, I'd die...
I can't be perfect, but I'll try...

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:20 pm
Godmodding. Especially when you're in a fight, and somehow, they have an answer to EVERYTHING you do. Seriously. It's IMPOSSIBLE to dodge a bullet if you're not in the Matrix.

And I'm seconding the mind-reading thing. It's particularly obnoxious if you're in a roleplay where you DO have a mind reader. It's like, "Do you mind actually roleplaying and leaving a bit of mystery? Or do you have to probe into EVERYTHING?"

People leaving without warning.

People complaining about how others are godmodding, when THEY WERE BEFORE.

People not giving others respect. Seriously. Some guy was roleplaying and kept godmodding, so I finally told him to stop it. He SHOUTED AT ME and then told me to "suck it up" because he was having a "bad day". Um. If you're having a bad day, YOU suck it up, sorry (Not really.) Most of us actually want a good storyline, and "I'm having a bad day" sure sounds like "Give me pity and stop pointing out the flaws in my writing".

Characters that convince themselves that they're going to save the world and are actually useless, but still try to tag along with characters that clearly don't want them there. That just bothers me. A lot.

Yeshaya Silver

Omnipresent Prophet

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Crossing The Frames

Conservative Receiver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:55 am
I find it funny when people godmod; I'm really not that indignant towards the matter. Usually what I do to counter their feeble efforts is by using the RP's setting and my literacy to my advantage. If the godmodding player didn't describe well enough, then that would be an opening for me to add something to the mix (particularly relevant to the theme of course)

Mind reading characters hmm. Personally I encounter people who cannot tell the difference between "dialogue" and thought, which will result into this form of issue. While others just deliberately do it for whatever reason I don't seem to care.

Almost every RPs I join, I would always witness characters whose horomones are constantly raging for affection and lust, and mostly contradicts their individual personality profile. I know everyone of them develops over the course of the RP, but in a matter of a quick conversation? By the time I read the first 3 posts, I'm already witnessing an anti-social girl locking lips with a stranger who she just recently met.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:58 am
Hmmm, after reading the posts already posted... I think the things I don't like are already mentioned.

Too many words spelled incorrectly is probably my biggest peeve though. If you're old enough to use a computer by yourself, you should be at least somewhat good at spelling. If you're not old enough to be on this site... Well that's a whole different story.

The only other thing I really hate I guess I would call "baby talk". Half of the words making up the sentence are missing and half of the words that are present are spelled incorrectly. No offense to others, but unless you are from a foreign country and know little English, seeing this makes me want to slap your wrists and give you a book to read. I would sit there and watch you read it too. I skip posts that look like this... Okay, that's my number one peeve blaugh

On a different note, I've never RP'd before so please have mercy on me. I will try my best to not do anything that will intentionally or otherwise make you all angry. Until I do it, I won't know how good or bad I am. *Nervous*  

Armantala Shinue

Rene Miashi
Captain

8,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:42 pm
After being a Vice-Captain in RPFLA, I would have to say that I have a few more.

The first one would be people who do not read the rules. Rules are important. They keep things going properly. They keep people in line. They give a set of reasons of ways to punish people for breaking rules. When peopple are ignorant of the rules, it just makes me so angry. evil

And another one would be people who drop out of RPs without any warning. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:34 pm
wow, I have to say I do some of the things here, specially bad spelling and txt language, because I learned to RP in a MMORPG where the important thing is that message gets across fast and not the spelling (for those curious Ragnarok Online). I try to have a nice spelling but I slip sometimes.

Other than that my pet peeve is people with too many characters that mix them up, or doesn't make a difference between them. Seriously, that is what font colors are for... and names. How hard can this be?

Sarah, in the lobby

John, in his room

Manuel, by the pool

Kasumi_Shino

Yummy Mew-chan

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:45 am
It's been said before, but bad spelling, text speak, really short posts, really long posts with NO punctuation of any kind, and one that just don't make any sense. How hard is it to go on Word or something to spell check? Or just think a bit before you post. Ugh, so annoying!  
Dump Folder (Old Guild Stuff for Old Members)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games