Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Play in Paradise

Back to Guilds

Come and entertain your imagination in Paradise. All are welcome! 

Tags: free, Role Playing, Paradise 

Reply The Books Come to Life Here (Fantasy RP Forum)
The City of Newhampton Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what time is it?
  five thirty eight PM central time
  a time
  PARTY TIME!!!!! w00t!
  i cant tell time....*wah*
  nunya business, bub! now lets do this thing!
View Results

Lanie_may_702

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:31 pm
Aislen walked into the library. She grabbed a book of the shelf and sat down, trying to read. But for some reason she couldn't focus, couldn't concentrate on the words. She had a headache and was really out of it this morning. She looked up as she heard someone enter the library. It was a woman with pale skin and red eyes who looked to be in her twenties. She looked oddly familiar.
*Maybe I should go talk to her*
She was about to stand and go introduce herself when someone else walked up to her.
*oh well*
She sat back down and tried once again to read the book  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:08 pm
Shadow sucked in a breath. She grabbed the boy's hand and drug him into one of the bookshelves towards the back.
"What did you say?" Shadow whispered. "I'm sorry, young man, but making silly accusations like that can get you in a very large amount of trouble!" Shadow used her 'mom voice' when talking to him. As far as she saw, this was just some teenage boy who had never seen someone like her before.
"For your information, young man, I am albino. There is nothing wrong with that." Shadow made sure to hide her slightly pointed canines as she spoke. "And what business is it of yours, anyway?"

((ps Matt in the character profile you said his name was John but here you call him James. just thought i'd let you know.....hahaha.... xd ))  

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

mathwl1020
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:40 pm
((oops, james is my usual vampire character))
John looked at the woman, his mouth open just enough for his fangs to show, and said, "uhh, no reason. its just, i thought maybe..."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:47 pm
Shadow's face lit up with realization.
"Don't do that here!" she hissed, clapping her hand over his mouth. She glanced around frantically, making sure no one saw. Then she leaned down to his ear.
"I can tell you this...I'm not a vampire, but I sure ain't human. Now walk back to the table as if nothing happened. I'll join you in a moment." Shadow released him and walked off, trying to draw attention away from her. She's wait a few minutes then join him at the table.  

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

mathwl1020
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:53 pm
((sorry about the crappy post))
john walked back over to the table and began to pretend to read.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:38 pm
Shadow picked up a few books then wandered around for a bit. She drifted over to the boy's table. She plopped down across from him.
"Now then," she said quietly. "Exactly who are you?"  

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

mathwl1020
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:49 pm
"my name's John," John said shyly
Maybe I shouldn't have talked to her
"but, what about you?" he continued  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:54 pm
"Shadow," Shadow said. "You look really young. You a student?" Shadow was forcing herself to talk to John. She thought that maybe if she made a friend, Hell, even got to know someone while she was in a semi-good mood, then maybe it'd help keep her depression away.  

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

mathwl1020
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:48 pm
"Yeah," John replied. "What do you do?"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:21 am
"Oh, umm. I own a shop downtown. I sell things...not exactly your average things..."  

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

mathwl1020
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:26 am
"what kind of things do you sell?"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:29 pm
Corry came out from the back of the library with a few books in his hands. Setting them down on the shelf he looked around. Shadow was here today. She had come by a few times for books and what not. Two others he saw in the reading area. "New comers?" He said to himself. Corry moved to put the books he had back on the shelves. A few belonged in history but, the rest were in fiction by Shadow. Overhearing the convesation Corry moved over to them. "Shadow, what a cheery mood you seem to be in. Who is this we have here? Some one I have not seen in town." Corry turned to John. "I am Corry, the owner of this here collection of knowlage. What bring you here to our quaint part of town?"  

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

mathwl1020
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:45 pm
"umm, n-nothing really, just going about my day," John said, suprised by Corry's sudden appearance  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:01 pm
"Oh!" Shadow said, jumping a bit. Corry had surprised her. "Umm...yeah. Business has been good lately, I guess. And my...nightmares have been occuring less recently." Shadow hadn't shared the specifics of her nightmares with Corry, but she had told him of her dreams on one particularly depressed day.
"Corry, this is John. He's a student." Shadow tried to smile but ended up pricking her lip. She cursed her sharp teeth and sucked on her lip.
"And as for your question, John, I sell all sorts of things. My shop is called Witchery. I'm sure you can guess what I sell." Shadow smiled sheepishly. "I'm one of the few witches I've met whose magick has actually been proven to work. People don't come often, but when they do they are happy customers. And I think word is starting to get around about my, umm, powers. I can cast spells and stuff for people. And, so far, I've got a 100% success rate." She smiled again. "It's kinda embarrasing to talk about, especially since I'm not what you would call a true Witch. I don't believe in any of the spirit gods like real Witches do. I just practice the Craft."  

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Hoshigiri
Vice Captain

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:26 am
I decided to join! biggrin

Name: Emi
Species: Butterfly/Human
Residence: A small single-unit apartment overlooking a river on the west side of the city
Title: N/A
History: Emi randomly awoke one night next to the river only to find herself in human form. She's unsure why exactly this occured, but she's guessing it's partly due to her increasing esper abilities along with her strong desire to live in the world of the humans. She finds them fascinating creatures, so for now she's trying to enjoy her time as one.
Personality: Fun-loving girl. She lives by her own rules and generally does whatever she feels like. In the beginning she'll try to act overly cutesy but it's usually just a facade to get the outcome she wants. In other words, she's secretly calculating.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes - The Decora fashion, ultimate freedom, bright colors, anything cute, bold patterns, standing out, and sweets. Dislikes - Anything that causes her pain (physical or emotional), adults, water, and a few other random things.
Picture/Description: User Image
Other: Emi still has her butterfly wings, but they are invisible to all but those with unique abilities allowing them to see. So regular humans can't see them, but everyone else can. They are small and look like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
The Books Come to Life Here (Fantasy RP Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games