Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
27 pounds down, 23 to go Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wish me luck?
  yes
  no
View Results

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:51 pm
I just got some information on weightloss. It is best to lose weight by 1 pound a week, it helps keep it off. That doesn't work for me. The only thing that works for me is either I lose a lot of weight, or gain a lot of weight. If I do it that slowly, I get discouraged and impatient. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:55 pm
i think people who lose a lot of weight suddenly probably arent on a healthy diet, and are more likely to gain it back. The cycle of gaining and losing is not very good for your body apparently. So if you are on a healthy, maintainable diet and are taking in enough calories to lose weight but stay healthy then you should be fine if you are losing more than 1 pound a week. I mean, it should be within reason, so if you are losing 2 and a half or something a week for a while its prob not terrible. If you're losing 10 pounds a week or something then you might have cause for concern.  

Iconised Ghost

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:51 am
Thanks, I've been losing from no pounds to 3 pounds aweek. I'm not trying to lose a lot all at once. I am eating, but I don't have a lot of food right now. I am so hungry right now, I didnt even dinner last night. I just had a bowl of cereal, but god, I feel so hungry and weak. Plus i'm hypo glysemic and anemic PLUS I'm starting my freakin PERIOD again!!! After I had my baby, I bled for a month straight, then I got my period and that was a really heavy flow, cramping worse than ever and it lasted a while, and now it is starting up again, in the same freakin month gah!!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:29 pm
yeah i would say you should definately eat a lot more than that, especially since you've just had a baby. Plus when losing weight you still have to make sure you get enough nutrients or you're going to make yourself pretty sick  

Iconised Ghost

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:39 pm
oh wow, I made it sound really bad. i eat when I go to work so I don't eat too much at home (because others live here and we all share). I have been eating, just not as much as my body needs. We did finally go buy groceries today, so we are okay for now. The only thing is, I work at a bakery, so I've been eating a lot of bread, so this week, I did gain weight.

I didn't even post last week oops sweatdrop . Last week, I weighed 210 biggrin , but this week, I am either 212 or 213 crying .

Half way there though
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:01 am
I know how it feels to have a setback, but don't ever forget that you can do it! It's 2 or 3 pounds that you conquered before and can conquer again! :D  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:01 pm
Thanks, I'm not worried about it too much. Man, I feel so much better, I've been eating better... and i looked at the scale today sweatdrop I lost the extra weight. But I feel so much better. I was feeling horrible for the past couple weeks. I'm trying to keep my protein and Iron up (I'm anemic) and I have a tendency to not enough meat and whatnot.

If you ever need to know how much protein you need, here is the mathematical equation
1. Weight in pounds divided by 2.2 = weight in kg
2. Weight in kg x 0.8-1.8 gm/kg = protein gm.

EXAMPLE:
Example: 154 lb male who is a regular exerciser and lifts weights
154 lbs/2.2 = 70kg
70kg x 1.5 = 105 gm protein/day
source

As for iron, an average woman needs 10 mg
Menstrating and nursing woman need 15
Pregnant woman need 30 mg
Source  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:28 am
I know you're probably not, but vegan and vegetarian nurtition books supply a LOT of information about nutrition in really accessible ways. What's more is that they list foods you're probably not used to seeing, like chickpeas, they're a great source of calcium, and other things. If it's a nutrition book, they're not preachy either (if you look at the right one)

Nutrition is really really important and getting it proper is a big step... how much protein you get and when can make or break your day!

Thanks for the information about iron too,!  

Tandahda
Crew

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:07 pm
I would love to be a vegitarian, but I am REALLY picky about what I eat. I don't like most veggies, and it wouldn't be healthy to only eat the ones I like. Thank you for the info, I look it up. I hate eating meat so much, I don't like to touch it, I don't like what they have to do to get it, hell, I don't even like seeing trees getting cut down, and I oppose Christmas time when it comes to trees!

My update for the week!

Ooooh, I am so close, I can almost taste it. I plan to get Sims 2 Pets as my reward. I have been wanting that add on for soooooooo long! I am so excited.

One thing that really motivates me is looking at a graph, showing my progress. oh, I love it.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:28 pm

I gained a pound unfortunately, but it's ok. This week has been really bad for me. mood swings to hell! How has everybody else been? I don't know, I'm just bored at the moment lol sweatdrop

I'm working on getting back to normal again.  

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:06 am
things have been pretty bad lately. We have NO food at all. We have no money, my couch is going to be taken away, just, things haven't been going on. I've been having a tremendous streak of bad luck for the past couple years. I need to get out of this place, cause since we moved here, only bad things have been happening. My baby had a fever and an ear infection again, so I couldn't see her crying . I miss her so much. I haven't beenn able to sleep for a few days, so last night i got drunk and passed out.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:17 am
OH MY GOOOOOOOD, I get my baby home today!!!!!!!! I am so excited. This is the best day in my life. I was so scared that they were going to put her into adoption, at court a couple days ago, was the JD, that's when everybody sits down to talk to the judge and explain things. Someone mentioned making a dual goal plan, one was getting her home, the other was .... puting her into adoption. THE JUDGE DENIED IT xd , you do not understand how happy I am!  

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:34 pm

biggrin Seven more pounds to go!!!

Update about Lucia:

She is doing so good right now, she is more likely to start walking before she starts crawling. She loves to stand up and attempt walking. She also loves to dance. She is such a happy baby. I love her so much. I am so happy I have her home finally.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:10 pm
Some kids start walking before crawling. All my siblings and myself did. Congrats on getting her back. ^___^  

Tandahda
Crew

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:44 pm
Thank you, I am so happy right now. Things are going pretty good lately. I hae=ve my daughter, I'm on a mood stabilizer so I'm not crazy, I'm losing the weight and actually sticking to it. I'm really happy.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff