Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
THPS & Fluffy-Bunny-itis Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:32 am
PrometheanSet
Either way, having been around the therapeutic community, I can attest the rehabilitation isn't usually so brutal; while there is an attempt to educate, brutalizing the patients into submission neither works, nor is it legal there.

I'm aware. We don't particularly brutalize fluffies here either. For the most part, the initial contact made is gentle and polite.

If the person persists in making flawed or fallacious statements to justify things like say culture rape in the name of their own beliefs, then we get a little more harsh.

Think of it like going from a therapeutic situation with a counselor to a mental hospital situation for individuals who are a bit more dangerous to themselves and possibly others.

Quote:
You're already making it a stretch for someone to come in here and come out as a fluffy. Why would they want to invite this sort of nonsense into their lives?

Actually we have a large number of people who come out as fluffies by accident and when finally warned, realize and discuss their issues. They've already invited nonsense into their lives, we're just here to purge it out.

Quote:
I should be able to share what resources I have, see if anyone else can show major problems with those, pick up some new ones, and be allowed to learn as I please.

You are. No one here is preventing you from sharing and looking.

But... as per a guild where accuracy, proper reasoning and a lack of fallacies are required we will address the resources and ideas you express that are subject to problems of those types.

No one here is treating you as we would a fluffy. We're treating you as a practitioner who is wrong on a few things and is being an a** to people while being wrong.

A bad combination to be sure but not necessarily a fluffy one. So you may be seeing a harshness that we don't normally give to the most fluffies (with some major exceptions, like a certain idiot fluffy who was belligerently resistant to any criticism whatsoever on her misuse and culture rape related to handfasting) because well, dammit you should ******** know better.

Yes you're held to a higher standard. It means that you're already worth respect and your actions are disappointing. I personally would see that as a good thing, beyond your own mistakes.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:21 am
PrometheanSet
You've obviously lost the context of what we're talking about.

Just as one example: talking about folks claiming to be the reincarnated Buddha has nothing to do with the Buddha nature you claim to be talking about.
Your inability to fathom how someone might phrase an element of metaphysics differently than you does not demonstrate they are wrong.  

TeaDidikai

PrometheanSet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:48 am
TeaDidikai
PrometheanSet
You've obviously lost the context of what we're talking about.

Just as one example: talking about folks claiming to be the reincarnated Buddha has nothing to do with the Buddha nature you claim to be talking about.
Your inability to fathom how someone might phrase an element of metaphysics differently than you does not demonstrate they are wrong.

If you didn't share the same flaw, we might be at this particular juncture.

Thank you recursive paradox.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:57 am
PrometheanSet

There's a difference between phrasing something differently and phrasing something incorrectly.

For example, in your posts where you make assumptions about the nature of the topic and interject that into the position where it wasn't present before is incorrect- not simply different.  

TeaDidikai

PrometheanSet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:31 pm
TeaDidikai
PrometheanSet

There's a difference between phrasing something differently and phrasing something incorrectly.

For example, in your posts where you make assumptions about the nature of the topic and interject that into the position where it wasn't present before is incorrect- not simply different.
As you have yet to clearly point to it and explain why you feel that way (without distracting flames!), I'm still holding my ground.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:39 pm
PrometheanSet
TeaDidikai
PrometheanSet

As you have yet to clearly point to it and explain why you feel that way (without distracting flames!), I'm still holding my ground.
You really don't understand what a flame is do you?

I corrected your assumptions in my initial response.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:28 pm
PrometheanSet

So are we on the same page now?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:05 pm
Recursive Paradox
PrometheanSet

My suspicion is that there's still a communication issue, but because you're "nicer" than I am, he won't take issue.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:57 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
PrometheanSet

My suspicion is that there's still a communication issue, but because you're "nicer" than I am, he won't take issue.

That condition won't remain much longer. I'm starting to become slightly irate.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:07 pm
Recursive Paradox
Not sure he's even posting here anymore.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:51 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

Even if he is, he's safe now. I just went volcanic on some idiot in a thread where people are claiming that DID causes your actual eye color to literally change.

Cue angry bio gal's eye twitch: x_O  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:56 pm
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

Even if he is, he's safe now. I just went volcanic on some idiot in a thread where people are claiming that DID causes your actual eye color to literally change.

Ummm... to be fair, if a person who has DID also has hazel eyes, and the system's personalities select a style and color pallet that is different enough from one another- that's possible in so much that the reflection and contrast of certain colors could cause the light refracting from the person onto people's vision to register as a different color.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:12 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

Ummm... to be fair, if a person who has DID also has hazel eyes, and the system's personalities select a style and color pallet that is different enough from one another- that's possible in so much that the reflection and contrast of certain colors could cause the light refracting from the person onto people's vision to register as a different color.

Also, DID has somewhat measurable odd effects on human bodies, including different shoe sizes and different allergies. Of course, all studies can only be single subject; I'm sure you can comprehend why.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:14 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

I know. I pointed that out. Same with gray eyes, like my own. I also pointed out that changing ambient light can adjust the look of the color as well, so if one person squints and the other doesn't you can get an illusion of difference there too.

But that wouldn't cause a literal change in eye color. These people are claiming the actual damn pigments change. -_-

...or that they watched the pigment literally change with no change of clothing or location when a bipolar friend flipped moods. I am not making this up. Someone actually said that.  

Recursive Paradox

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:15 pm
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

Also, DID has somewhat measurable odd effects on human bodies, including different shoe sizes and different allergies. Of course, all studies can only be single subject; I'm sure you can comprehend why.

I've yet to find a study that found any change in melanin in the eye. Shoe sizes and allergies? What studies asserted this?

I'm curious now.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces