Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
You have no idea what you're messing with!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:50 pm
Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox
I've made past mistakes even touching certain Aspects and the marks are still on me for it. And there are others who paid for my mistakes as well.

So being careful and being cautious is unbelievably necessary. Sometimes keeping your hands off is a good idea too.
*nods* For now I'm treading carefully.

I was thinking of getting tattoos to memorialise Drake on my body, but with my most recent interactions, as much as I love him, I'm not sure he'd be a good constant influence like that.

Permanent symbols seem like a bad idea if there's a level of iffyness on whether the spiritual relationship will remain intact forever.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:05 pm
Recursive Paradox
Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox
I've made past mistakes even touching certain Aspects and the marks are still on me for it. And there are others who paid for my mistakes as well.

So being careful and being cautious is unbelievably necessary. Sometimes keeping your hands off is a good idea too.

I was thinking of getting tattoos to memorialise Drake on my body, but with my most recent interactions, as much as I love him, I'm not sure he'd be a good constant influence like that.

Permanent symbols seem like a bad idea if there's a level of iffyness on whether the spiritual relationship will remain intact forever.
No, Drake will be with me forever, it's just that I don't know that he should be influencing my every move or be present every second.  

Gho the Girl

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:06 pm
Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox
Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox

No, Drake will be with me forever, it's just that I don't know that he should be influencing my every move or be present every second.

I meant more that the relationship may become antagonistic and some symbols can force a closeness you don't want in that situation.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:39 am
Deoridhe
AniMajor
So, last night I had a dream, involving magic, where someone told me that I couldn't possibly understand the forces I was dealing with.

I suggest you listen.

In most cases, I would've thought that it was some kind of warning, but this time it didn't make any sense.

There was this guy who was a student at the same college as my sister, except he was studying "red magic" which was a type of eastern magic that came to England in the 1700's or so. Because he was using red magic, he had an animal familiar, which was always smaller than a normal animal. His was a pig, and he was using magic to make it small. I figured I could probably undo it pretty easily, so I did, and the guy got all confused as to why his pig kept changing size. It was his mother who figured it out, and told me I had no idea what I was messing with.

In real life, I'm unable to undo someone else's spells like that, and I probably wouldn't just because it's amusing. I'm also not doing anything magic related and haven't for a while, so I don't understand how I can be messing with anything.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:06 pm
AniMajor
Deoridhe
AniMajor
So, last night I had a dream, involving magic, where someone told me that I couldn't possibly understand the forces I was dealing with.

I suggest you listen.

In most cases, I would've thought that it was some kind of warning, but this time it didn't make any sense.

There was this guy who was a student at the same college as my sister, except he was studying "red magic" which was a type of eastern magic that came to England in the 1700's or so. Because he was using red magic, he had an animal familiar, which was always smaller than a normal animal. His was a pig, and he was using magic to make it small. I figured I could probably undo it pretty easily, so I did, and the guy got all confused as to why his pig kept changing size. It was his mother who figured it out, and told me I had no idea what I was messing with.

In real life, I'm unable to undo someone else's spells like that, and I probably wouldn't just because it's amusing. I'm also not doing anything magic related and haven't for a while, so I don't understand how I can be messing with anything.

I usually take dreams as being symbolic. I'd look for the metaphorical meaning rather than the literal.

Still a good thread topic.

From the anecdotes given thus far, it would seem that there's a certain amount of trial and error inherent in figuring out exactly what one's limits and capabilities are. Hindsight being 20-20, what advice would those with experience give to those without experience?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:26 pm
Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox
Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox

My vote? Jewelry.  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:51 am
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox
Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox

My vote? Jewelry.
*long intake of breathe* OOOOOO PERFECT *glomps*

Sorry, excitable *cough*  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:12 am
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox
Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox

My vote? Jewelry.

Sorry, excitable *cough*

We have a mutual friend who does metal working, remember? She's going to teach me some tricks to make religious jewelry and I'm sure she'd be willing to teach you too.  

Recursive Paradox

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:42 am
Recursive Paradox
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox

My vote? Jewelry.

Sorry, excitable *cough*

We have a mutual friend who does metal working, remember? She's going to teach me some tricks to make religious jewelry and I'm sure she'd be willing to teach you too.
That would be sweet. I did take a jewerly class in highschool. I just need to start sketching.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:46 pm
PMC in silver is getting easier to work with as they perfect their polymers.

It's also much more expensive than lost wax, but it takes up far less room and is more economical in the short term- ie, if you only need to make a dozen or so pieces or you only have about a desk and change worth of work space.  

TeaDidikai

PrometheanSet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:35 am
I hate to say it, but this sounds like that time I kept magickally pranking a friend. It was a mutually agreed-upon game of sorts, so it wasn't so shocking when something weird (but harmless) happened to either of us. We looked at it kinda like sparring. Who could hack through the other's defenses best? Eventually, we lost track of any "score".

AniMajor
TeaDidikai
Yep. Though it's more of a warning than an attempt at psychologically screwing them.
Less "Ooooo! The Mean ol' Demon will eat you!" and more of "You're an idiot. You're going to make a mess. This is how the mess will play out. I don't want to clean it up- so knock it off."

Obviously there's some question as to whether the person can actually do it, given their skill level, because if someone says they're going to raise the dead, it's most likely not going to happen.

But would skill level kinda exclude someone from messing with things they can't handle because they can't even access things they can't handle? I mean, sure, most people can't handle drinking drain cleaner even if they have access to it, but if you're too young to understand why, you're most likely too young to open the bottle, lift it, and drink it.
While initially, someone won't be able to screw up something, eventually they can learn just enough to be dangerous.

Kinda like if you find the Windows registry editor, but don't know which program each registry key goes to, nor how to find out... Just don't go deleting things out of your registry, unless you have the discs and spare time to install windows and everything from scratch. Or want a new boat anchor.

Got another friend like that this past year! We're looking for the windows install discs for his head.

Some people are that curious and impatient. The great thing is, none of us has to be that way.

Overall, I do have to say that protection spells/tools, etc could be useful, but also try assessing the situation and studying more before you act on anything at all, when it comes to magic. Even if it feels like overkill.

Oh, make sure there are no cracking chaos magicians in your life that have warped sense of "playing". This one's a longshot, but every so often the longshot happens.

And is there any other area of your life where you might be "playing with things you don't understand" apparently without knowing it? A strange relationship, or eating genetically modified corn? Just in case its someone/thing helpful passing word on.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:48 am
PrometheanSet
I hate to say it, but this sounds like that time I kept magickally pranking a friend. It was a mutually agreed-upon game of sorts, so it wasn't so shocking when something weird (but harmless) happened to either of us. We looked at it kinda like sparring. Who could hack through the other's defenses best? Eventually, we lost track of any "score".
Given your post in the thread about causal magical acts like invocation- I'm surprised. Never mind.  

TeaDidikai

PrometheanSet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:40 pm
TeaDidikai
PrometheanSet
Given your post in the thread about causal magical acts like invocation- I'm surprised. Never mind.
And from that, I can say you don't seem to know a lot about Chaos magic, my "path".  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:21 pm
PrometheanSet
And from that, I can say you don't seem to know a lot about Chaos magic, my "path".
I've gone through most of Liber Chaos, and read several links provided by Tsuzuki. Quite frankly, I'm just not impressed with the premise or the pesudo-science thrown in to dupe people into thinking the ideas are somehow more legit than any other Eclectic path.

That- and I think your execution is lacking, at least when it comes to your performance in the guild, you don't demonstrate enough of a thoughtful attitude and the skill needed in crafting ideas to really be effective.  

TeaDidikai

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:32 pm
PrometheanSet, I haven't met too many stable people who call themselves Chaos Magicians. Most of them had the mentality of an angry 14-year-old boy who watched too much DBZ.

In fact, the only person I could really claim I "know" who is a Chaos Magician is pretty stable. Stabler than most people.

If someone was messing with me, I'd know. I've been around the block a few times with people involved in the weird stuff, and I know what it's like to have someone try something on you.

Especially since this dream wasn't even a "real" dream, it was based off of seeing "Jesus Camp", FF3, and thinking about British mages. I only remembered it because it was funny, and was the dream before I woke up. Also, no one in real life has ever said that too me, they just all assumed that I was incompetent, so the most I got was "you don't understand the forces we're messing with"  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff