Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dance (give me a cooler thread name) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you dance?
  *caramelldansen*
  *shimmy*
  *macarena*
  *stumble stumble trip fall*
View Results

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Dance is becoming more of a thing for me spiritually.
I started dancing a while back in order to create a performance for a dionysian festival. I still dance in honour of him (mostly) and others. Recently I've also been dancing to enter trance state. This is still pretty personal and i'm ironing out the creases. Like how to cope with side effects.

Movement itself is very scared to me, hence why I'm trying to add dance into my practices.
Amongst other things, I move and dance all the freaking time, I like to watch dances, I think they add a whole other dimension to ritual, and the physcial-ness of the dance is very spiritual.
That was a warble, I apologize.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:01 am
I was in a jazz-ballet group for a couple of years when I was younger, but then our teacher suicided. Currently, most of my moving meditation is done while riding my bike, hehe.

I joined a country dance club some years ago, but have since stopped due to issues with my foot and general boredom with not being allowed to raise energy during practice.

I liked to take the simple dances, close my eyes and zone out and then stuff the energy I raised into whatever part of my body was currently ailing.

The list went on and on.

But the teacher didn't like it that I 'didn't pay attention,' apparently.

Anyway, I quit that, and what with my foot the way it is, I don't dance a whole lot anymore. Trying to locate a Tai Chi teacher in my neighbourhood, though, since I fail at meditation while motionless.  

Maze

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:17 pm
I took jazz dance classes for about a year, unfortunatly I am horribly uncordinated so I basically wasted my Dad's money. The uncordination also keeps me from dancing in confined spaces, but I will when the mood strikes me dance out side, usually in fields where there's nothing to run into. As I'm still searching for a path, eceletic in the meantime, I don't know how dance would fit into my worship. Maybe down the road it may but right now it's not that important to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:02 pm
I didn't reailze there were so many dancers/dancing-inclined folks in the guild xd

I'm starting to learn some belly dance (taught via DVD; I can't afford actual lessons sweatdrop ) and I'd really like to incorporate some dance into my practice...but I don't think it has too big of a place in Asatru sad  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Astrox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:27 pm
My girlfriend hosts experimental dance workshops, which I've attended several times. She encourages people to think of dance as an expression like laughing or crying, rather than just a series of moves set in time to a piece of music.

Even though most of the people who attend are older new age types, there is always a very youthful and spiritually energy in the studio after everyone finishes dancing.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:33 pm
I took dance when I was really little. I forgot most of it. sweatdrop I'm thinking of taking lessons again.
@Vi: I've never really heard of any dance references Asatru; but I'm sure the gods wouldn't mind if you danced. wink  

RubyLight

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:15 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
I didn't reailze there were so many dancers/dancing-inclined folks in the guild xd

I'm starting to learn some belly dance (taught via DVD; I can't afford actual lessons sweatdrop ) and I'd really like to incorporate some dance into my practice...but I don't think it has too big of a place in Asatru sad

I used to do a belly dance workout DVD (Goddess Workout). I really need to get back into it.

A friend of mine used to do SynergyDance, but I moved before I got to learn too much about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:53 am
RubyLight
I took dance when I was really little. I forgot most of it. sweatdrop I'm thinking of taking lessons again.
@Vi: I've never really heard of any dance references Asatru; but I'm sure the gods wouldn't mind if you danced. wink

I think I read somewhere that there's a 'martial arts' form that the Asatru study, but I couldn't find any real references or explanations as to what that entailed. I'm still not sure if they just meant sword-forms or an actual Eastern-type fighting style that the phrase tends to bring to mind.  

Maze

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:00 pm
Maze
RubyLight

I think I read somewhere that there's a 'martial arts' form that the Asatru study, but I couldn't find any real references or explanations as to what that entailed. I'm still not sure if they just meant sword-forms or an actual Eastern-type fighting style that the phrase tends to bring to mind.
And now I'm ******** picturing Thor fighting in Brad Wong's drunken master style.

I played far too much ******** DoA 4 yesterday.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:40 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Maze
And now I'm ******** picturing Thor fighting in Brad Wong's drunken master style.

I played far too much ******** DoA 4 yesterday.

I do not apologise for that mental image.  

Maze

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:40 pm
I know a few bellydance moves. I really need to start practicing sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:08 pm
I used to do jazz ballet, ballet and irish dancing when I was younger, though I don't do them anymore unfortunately (My sisters and I were bullied in our jazz and ballet classes till we all quit, and we quit irish due to the cost.)

I took a few basic belly dancing lessons in junior high school and loved it, so lately I've been trying to learn off youtube (sad, I know sweatdrop ) and going over what I learnt in high school. I still suck at it, but it's lots of fun and I'm hoping that in the future I can go to lessons again. 3nodding

I'm still new to everything, so I don't use dance in any kind of practice (I'd rather just read and learn more first before doing anything I could possibly mess up) but I like dancing just for the sake of dancing. If I'm stressed, I'll put on some music that reflects what I'm feeling and just go for it, or if I want to pep myself up, some upbeat music helps. It helps me get my emotions out and as a bonus, it's good exercise! blaugh  

Diamond Leaf Clover

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces