Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

Perfect Stranger 3-0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:22 pm
Sein-mit-Hasse
Abortion is risky and has side effects ? xp

Not exactly, but when abortions are done after the second trimester, they tend to be very risky, and there have been cases in where the fetus is not entirely dead, but it survives with serious damages.

An abortion itself is safer than giving birth, when is done BEFORE the first 12 weeks of gestation.

But as I say again. Abortion shouldn't be used as a reset button over and over again. Is meant to be used once, unless there are other health related causes that could justify an abortion, like ectopic pregnancies or serious fetus defects.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:01 pm
I am against abortion.
But it's hard to say that when a girl gets raped.
But still...who is to pick and choice who can live or not?
Many girls just use it like birth control. Just go and get an abortion. It's easy. Right. It hurts and it can really mess you up.
And nowanddays...there is birth control and plenty of condoms.
If you don't have the money for them, don't have sex.
If you don't understand the seriousness of having sex, don't have sex.
I don't see why so many girls are still getting pregnant...maybe i'm too naive. xd  

Yerkzgirl316

Shopaholic_Diva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:02 pm
For me i am against abortion cuz as we all know that abortion is not appropriate in ourselves cuz we work hard for that baby and then you will just let it abort, thats not right! As everybody don't know that some parts of the country, there are Legal Abortion and one of the Peaceful place is Newzeland. As i know...There are many country that are not yet LEGALIZED ABORTION and One by One of the Countries are already thinking if they are Agree with that Legal Abortion.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:35 pm
Shopaholic_Diva
For me i am against abortion cuz as we all know that abortion is not appropriate in ourselves cuz we work hard for that baby and then you will just let it abort, thats not right! As everybody don't know that some parts of the country, there are Legal Abortion and one of the Peaceful place is Newzeland. As i know...There are many country that are not yet LEGALIZED ABORTION and One by One of the Countries are already thinking if they are Agree with that Legal Abortion.

I don't usually comment on poor grammar or spelling. It annoys me, but I can usually get past it without too much effort.

That said, I've read this post three or four times and I still can't really figure out what you're saying. Can you please rephrase this?  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

SD_DancingDragon10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:19 pm
I myself am completely against the idea of abortion.

-I just don't think it's fair... I mean, think about it: Does it really sound fair for a baby to have it's day of judgement beore it was able to take it's first breath?
-As for teenage pregnancy, if the teenager decided to do the adult thing then they should have to face the consequences, and not kill another innocent life to make up for a mistake.
-Financial: If you can't afford it don't have sex.

This argument can go on for a long time, and it probably will.
My veiws on people are: No matter how much you argue with another person on a thing like this, you won't convince them. People are too stubborn these days to think anyone else but themselves are right. So you can disagree with me but, I'm sorry, I don't care. And if you don't agree with me, do you really care about my opinion? Probably not.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:22 pm
SDChargers17
I myself am completely against the idea of abortion.

-I just don't think it's fair... I mean, think about it: Does it really sound fair for a baby to have it's day of judgement beore it was able to take it's first breath?
-As for teenage pregnancy, if the teenager decided to do the adult thing then they should have to face the consequences,[1.] and not kill another innocent life to make up for a mistake.
-Financial: If you can't afford it don't have sex.

This argument can go on for a long time, and it probably will.
My veiws on people are:[2.] No matter how much you argue with another person on a thing like this, you won't convince them.[3.] People are too stubborn these days to think anyone else but themselves are right. So you can disagree with me but, I'm sorry, I don't care. And if you don't agree with me,[4.] do you really care about my opinion? Probably not.

[1.] The way I see it if the baby hasn't been born yet then it's not alive. Granted it has a heart beat and blah, blah, blah. But until the baby is actually out of the womb and breathing I don't consider the thing living.

[2.] We aren't trying to convince each other of anything. This is a debate. The point of a debate is to weigh out the pros and cons and to share opinions. Not to try and change each others opinions. Not everyone is going to have the same opinion as you and believe it or not you can't change that.

[3.] Nobody here said they were right. As I previously said these are all opinions. We are all entitled to them. I personally, being pro-choice, believe that there is no right or wrong with abortion. If you under some circumstances need an abortion then I wholeheartedly support it. But if you don't approve of the idea of abortion then I completely respect that too.

[4.] From that little ramble you gave I'd say that you don't give a rat's a** about anyone else's opinion either. And no, I don't care about your opinion. But that doesn't mean I don't respect it. Or at least I did until I got to that self righteous bigotry at the bottom of your post. The impression I got was that you're opinion is the only one that matters and that's that. If that's the case go stand outside an abortion clinic and preach about how bad it is to everyone coming in and out. I doubt they'll care.  

Rei Uchikino

MsYogaBear

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:48 pm
What classifies someone as human? Humanity is a society built on itself by a woman and a man coming together to create a new life form. Humans were created to support life and as a parallel to this women were given the gift to create humans in their bodies. A fetus, baby, toddler, child, teenager, young adult, adult, and senior citizens are all forms of humanity. Killing a fetus is no better than killing a child.
If you are old enough to have sex, you should be old enough to raise a baby. Sex was not only originally created for pleasure but for making our civilization thrive. Without pleasure children would not be made. The pleasure is what tempts people to have children.

It is not close minded to be against abortion. It is close minded to automatically assume that you know enough to throw out claims that people are indeed being close minded. How rash and uneducated a statement.

To say that horrible abortions wouldn’t be done if abortion were made illegal is an ignorant statement. Throughout history "back-ally" abortions were done. Women would literally go in to allies and places that were secret and get hit in the stomach with bats. Or have wires or what not shoved in to their uterus to abortion the child.

All I know is that there are very good arguments for both sides of the table.
But a fetus is human, killing a human is wrong: both in our society and biblically. I feel like it is an excuse to say that women should have the choice. Having the choice to create a new life and then having the choice to kill that new life should not be something to be proud of. Having the choice to kill is terrifying.

I also feel like the prior statement of relating a fetus to squashing a bug is sociopathic and you may or may not need help. A fetus is nothing like squashing a bug.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:15 pm
I am pro choice.

If you got raped and became pregnant, would you want to go through the pain of labor for a child you were forced to have?  

Lieutenant Shotgun

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:29 pm
heavans_angel_13
What is ur opinion on Abortion???
I honestly am against abortion....
I think you should have to deal with what you did
Abortion should only be okay if you are Rapped or see problems with ur fetus!
Because each abortion is taking another life away....
So if you go to jail for murder shouldn't you go to jail for abortion to???
Voice ur Opinion!!!
I will listen!!!! =]

You're being too harsh in my opinion.

Abortion is not taking a life away if they aren't born yet.

Even if the baby is "alive" before it comes at you screaming and crying.

You should NOT e put in jail for aboortion. To be brutally honest, I think that is foolish. Murder is different from abortion. Abortion is simply ending the life of something that hasn't tasted life at all. Murder is taking the life of someone who has tasted life, and who may not have been able to experience it all.

And think: If you thrust a baby into the hands of an immature teenager, what makes you think they won't be left in the streets for dead? That's setting the baby up to be just like their parents. Or, they may be given away, teaching the parents nothing.

Are you thinking of labor being punishment or something?

I am not saying this because I have had sex, had a baby, or had an abortion (I am a virgin). I am saying this because I am a b***h who doesn't know how to hold her tongue.

(Just kidding--I'm just sharing my piece.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:30 pm
Shopaholic_Diva

They don't work hard for the baby. They "Work" for the pleasure.

That's all I can comment because I didn't understand of word of anything else you said.  

Lieutenant Shotgun

Inferno Breeze

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:09 am
For all the pro-lifers out there, a month-old fetus is NOT SENTIENT. It has LESS AWARENESS THAN A CHICKEN. Do you eat meat? Do you swat flies? Do you use mousetraps? Would you get an exterminator for termites? You probably answered at least one of those with a "Yes." Frankly, if you're extending the definition of "murder" to all life forms no matter how underdeveloped, you should say "No" each and every time.

Frankly, fetuses are parasites until they are born. They leech off the mother just like intestinal worms, salmonella, the flu. Before the third trimester you'll have trouble distinguishing between a human fetus, a chicken fetus, and a rat fetus.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:14 pm
I'm personally against abortion, unless it's rape. Rape is just the one instance where to me, carrying a child you didn't even want, isn't right. I believe in people having soul-mates. I know, I know, cheesy of Azu, but if you're killing off the fetus, are you killing off someone's soul mate? That question just bugs me. My boyfriend was s'posed to be aborted, but wasn't, as was one or both of his brothers.

Two more instances where abortion is ok to me is if it's incest, which is usually always rape, and if the mother has an STI(D), like AIDS.  

Azusanga

Rayne Skyver

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Personally I would never have an abortion, but I'm Pro-Choice.
If a women finds herself pregnant and doesn't want the child then its her right to get rid of it.
Now, if the women keeps getting herself pregnant and aborting the baby for stem cell research then I have a problem with it. I'm all for scientific advances but I don't feel that thats the way to do it.
I think Abortion is just as controversial as Gay Marriage/Gay Couples Adopting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:13 pm
Azusanga
I'm personally against abortion, unless it's rape. Rape is just the one instance where to me, carrying a child you didn't even want, isn't right. I believe in people having soul-mates. I know, I know, cheesy of Azu, but if you're killing off the fetus, are you killing off someone's soul mate? That question just bugs me. My boyfriend was s'posed to be aborted, but wasn't, as was one or both of his brothers.

Two more instances where abortion is ok to me is if it's incest, which is usually always rape, and if the mother has an STI(D), like AIDS.

Would a kid dying of a disease or from an accident also be killing off someone's soulmate, then? I've heard different answers to this, so I'm curious what your view on it is.

On the same note, wouldn't aborting a rape/incest/STD-inheriting fetus would also be killing someone's soulmate? Why do those get a pass?

Rayne Skyver
Personally I would never have an abortion, but I'm Pro-Choice.
If a women finds herself pregnant and doesn't want the child then its her right to get rid of it.
Now, if the women keeps getting herself pregnant and aborting the baby for stem cell research then I have a problem with it. I'm all for scientific advances but I don't feel that thats the way to do it.
I think Abortion is just as controversial as Gay Marriage/Gay Couples Adopting.

Don't embryonic stem cells come from embryos created for IVF but not used? I've never heard of someone aborting a fetus for stem cells.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Rayne Skyver

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:44 pm
I read an article two years back for Biology class about stem cell research. It didn't say anything about IVF but people were raising a fuss about how they were "killing innocent children".  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff