Reply Fantasy Books Guild
David Ebbings- The Belgariad Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VirmarIanosian

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:39 pm
I've read both sagas and the two companion novels. Also try his triologies. BTW, we need to remember to give credit to his wife who helped him with all of the female characters in the books.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:48 pm
I read this series semi-recently. David Eddings is a good writer but i havent read the books about Polgara, etc.

Has anyone read the sequeling series to it? Belgariad?  

Shiama

Ashtaye

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:46 am
I've read both the Belgariad and the Mallorean twice, and I have yet to read his others. What really angers me is that our library doesn't have both the Temuli and the Elenium... scream  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:17 pm
My friend owns all those books so when I get bored and want to read that author i just ask him.  

Shiama

Wordstreamer~Nifty Fairy~

Festive Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:28 pm
I liked Redemption best, but I also liked his other books. (His last trilogy, The Elder Gods, just seemed incomplete somehow. Like diluted David Eddings.)

David Eddings is also my favorite author. I just love the way that he writes--including Belgarath.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:56 pm
I liked his writing but I have only read throug hteh belgarid and belgarion series and not anything else. iam planing on reading the stories of polgara and belgarath though. I am stuck the Sword of Truth series right now though.  

Shiama

Kaymera

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:48 pm
I've read:

The Belgariad & The Mallorean (both of which I've reread a lot, actually. I love Vella.)

Polgara the Sorceress (which I loved) & Belgarath the Sorcerer (which I didn't sweatdrop )

Redemption of Athalus (which I love).

I've started the other series but I just can't seem to get into them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:57 pm
I have both the books about Polgara and Belgarath on my shelf that i need to read sometime sweatdrop  

Shiama

angelic5252

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:59 pm
I am a huge fan of this David Eddings series!! its so cute how Cenedra dwells so much on how she can't have Garion and i love all of the couples and the plot is great! ITS ONE of the best series ever!! heart blaugh rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:44 am
Hun, that guy is called Eddings, not Ebbings.

Stupid typo, yes, but poor chap!

I've read only the first book (The Pawn of Sorcery), which was an ok read, but not so good to make me continue reading the serie. Maybe one day.  

LotesseElf

Shiama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:20 am
I personally liked the series and the story but I will agree some f the parts are kind of slow. this wasnt a series I read through real fast but it was one I liked in the end.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:11 am
I ADORE DAVID EDDINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heart

Sorry but I once read nothing but the belgariad/mallorean for six months

I read the dreamy old gods, what ever it's called series andit wasn't as good as the garion books (although the stupendus ending was worth it all)

I went through aperiod of hating "Sparhawk" with avenengce (who did he think he was any way, he was never going to match up to Gaion*sigh*), But I've got over that, are any of the books with him in them worth reading?

P.S. i apologise for any spelling mistakes (not comment on the bb, dd incident)  

eda bell

Eslana

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:36 am
I agree, David Eddings is one of the best authors where series are concerned. But I do think the Malloreon was just a little bit better. I also liked the Ellineum and Tamuli series (Tamuli better). These series have a certain cemetry. That a blue gem of power is stolen, the way the gods play in, and even the way both Sparhawk and Garion become godlike beings themselvs. Anyway while David Eddings is the best author where series are concerned, the best author of one book is Terry Brooks- The Sword of Shannara. I promise if you liked Edding's works you will love The Sword of Shannara.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 am
Shiama
I have both the books about Polgara and Belgarath on my shelf that i need to read sometime sweatdrop

They are both awsome! But I suggest you read Belgareth the Sorcerrer first though. Beldin is just as funny as ever  

Eslana

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items