Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
YOU ARE ALL SHEEPLE, GO BACK TO YOUR NEW AGE PEN. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:15 pm
patch99329
She left

rolleyes .
I can't say I'm too disappointed.
I am just a bit...but not over-the-top disappointed.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:44 pm
I'm just astounded by her immaturity. sweatdrop  

RubyLight

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:31 pm
Seraphimia

Really nice people here... NOT!

I'm sorry if I find willful ignorance irritating enough to not be the epitome of courtesy and want to hug you.

Quote:
I started the handfasting up as a way to INCLUDE after the whole homophobic wedding service fiasco during the valentines event

"The road to hell is paved in good intentions"

Quote:

Stating on someone's thread like that is pointing the finger and not very nice in my book. A 'considerate' and friendly nudge would've been to pm me, but no!

I have a feeling that you only don't like it because it impacts your image. Surprisingly people who have been caught in a mistake and graciously apologize and correct it are more respected by people.

So had you not acted like a child in response, you would have a been seen with respect and not lost any face whatsoever.

Quote:
You call your selves pagan I don't think you know what that is in the real world, because you are not what I have encountered as pagan IRL, quite the opposite.

Not all pagans are the same.

Quote:
You play at been pagan and don't live it from what I can see.

Not all pagans follow the exact same ethics and morals as each other. You show more and more ignorance with each word. And with that my urge to be nice to you reduces.

Quote:
Handfasting was the original marriage of the Celts and was a legalised wedding until the Romans came along. Up until about the 50's it was still legally recognised in Scotland.

Justify this with outside reliable sources as I do not find a person established to be a willfully ignorant child a credible source.

UPDATED THROUGH EDIT (since she was so very mature as to send a harassing PM, which I reported, and then ignore listed me after she sent it):

@Seraphimia:

You're probably the most sad and pathetic individual I've met. You ignore list multiple people you have an issue with and then return to attempt to hassle us about your mistakes again? It's troubling to imagine that you have so much time on your hands and so little brains to spend it properly.

Find another place to cry about this. Honestly. You're only embarrassing yourself further.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:33 pm
Ah crap. She left. That was a waste of effort.

MORE UPDATES THROUGH EDIT:

Well I'm not terribly surprised she's running off again. Disappointed but not surprised.  

Recursive Paradox

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:27 pm
I'm a bit confused. Maybe someone can shed some light on this.

What use is a Celtic ceremony for those who are not Celtic?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:34 pm
How absolutely adorable of you. I can't even find a statement of why we aren't pagans, other than we don't agree with you.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:52 pm
Did anyone see her profile?

Y'all made her ragequit Gaia.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:45 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn

I'm so bloody proud of you guys crying

Also, I wish to quickly address this:

Seraphimia
Butch of bitchy little hormonal conditioned sheeple, the lot of you.

I'm not in the least bit butch! I'm actually quite effeminate surprised  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:47 am
Um... I'm lost.
What did I miss? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:50 am
Fiddlers Green
Um... I'm lost.
What did I miss? sweatdrop

Long story short, she set up a Gaia marriage thing, and called it a handfasting. People were asking questions on it, so she flipped. Thats pretty much it.  

PhantomPhoenix0

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:00 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Yes. And I reported it, and her thread, with a link to this thread, for harassment.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:03 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm
So, after all that she modifies her original post in order to "combat" the people calling bullshit on her sources?

I may be new to the Guild and all, but I'd take their word on it, Seraphimia. They aren't the type of people who are just there to rain on your parade because they can. They know their s**t. In fact, they know their s**t so well because they must repeatedly tell people like us (yes, I am including myself) that our opinions are wrong due to bad sources, social distortion/romanticizing, and misinformation.

Here's an example. I am strawberry blonde haired, blueish eyes and glow-in-the-dark white skinned. However, I am also 1/16th Cherokee Indian. Now, if I go around saying I am a Cherokee medicine woman and I commune with the Native American Great Spirit or Coyote and I am one with nature and blah blah blah.... people would call bullshit on me, because I am NOT what I say I am! Because I am not part of the Native-American culture, (I don't participate in Native-American laws, culture, rites, or everyday practices) I am only descended from them, and that means I have no claim to say the above.

This is what many people tend to do, most often with Celtic (Gael) culture. It is dishonest to yourself, and others who are actually of that culture to claim to a culture or title you are not. And because you insulted them for trying to correct your ignorance, instead of listening and learning, you were repayed the attitude you gave out.

/rant  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:17 pm
This thread is incredibly lulzy. That is all.  

Calixti

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:58 pm
~shakes the rain out of his fur~
Hmmm...
This is interesting.
The first post changes periodicly, can she not post in the thread?

Also, just to clarify about Pagan...
Orosius from Histories 1
Ex locorum agrestium compitis et pagis pagani vocantur.

Which is loosely translated as Out of the way crossroads and rural persons.
Basically, it was used as a way of saying hick, or backwoods person, as opposed to urban dwellers.
Also, it was often taken as referring to civilians.
Early Christianity, especially as it rose to prominence in the Roman Empire, was a purely urban affair. When the switch over to Christianity as state religion was made, religion was just one more thing that was identified as different between city and country dwellers.
That use of paganism is the only one to survive today.

Mind you, this also saw use in Rome propper. The city was originally defined by a trench plowed by Romulus, called the pomerium. Land belonging to the city of Rome, but not within the pomerium, was referred to as pagus. This is an older use for it, separating those living in the city propper from those in the area outside the sacred circle as it were (that last part was a bit of a joke). It eventually got applied to non-city folks, or foreigners of all stripes.

Now, this pomerium demarcation is sorta important, as, best can be found, only officially recognized gods could have temples within the pomerium. Thus, any religion that was not allowed within could be called Pagan.
For awhile, Christianity was a "pagan" religion in that sense. Keeping in mind the ancient Romans saw no evidence of Christianity as anything more than just an odd sect in Judaism. Christian persecutions in Rome would usually spike whenever Judea was acting up.

Now, this was not neccessarily a smooth transition, as per the paynim example, paynim: < Anglo-Norman paenisme, painisme, paienime, painnim, peinime, paenime, etc., and Old French paienime, paienisme heathen lands (c1150-74), heathen religion (1160) < post-classical Latin paganismus (see PAGANISM n.), probably influenced by Old French paien (see PAYEN n.).

However, the term Paganismus is used by Augustine of Hippo, especially in 410, with his publication of De Civitate Dei contra Paganos, translated as city of God.
Which was a direct refutation of the rumours, after Alaric, a Christian, sacked Rome, that the old gods of Rome had taken better care of the city than the God of Christ. It's really sorta a cop out read tho. St Augie asserts that only the "City of Man" had fallen, and that all "True Christians" (see true Scottsman Fallacy, way to go early Saints!) were instead citizens of the "City of God" which would be eternal.

Now mind you, Europe went thru quite a restructuring of their histories during the Romantic movement, of about 1820-1900, where many of the defining elements what would be known as pagan were altered a bit (funny that, a movement seeking to capture the glory of, and exalt, ancient cultures sorta holds back on using references to them as insults). This sorta washed under the rug the habit of Protestants and Catholics to across the board accuse each other of being Pagan.

Short an skinny of it, I could write a book on the subject (not my knowledge, but rather, the wealth of opposing views and interesting occurrences around them). Heck, it may even be my thesis when I decide to finish up and go for my Post Grad studies in History and Language Theory.

Of note, unrelated other than that this touches on language theory, avoid any dictionary publication that traces it's lineage to Noah Webster.
b*****d saw language as a tool he could use to put out the eye of European control over American thought. His concern for scholarship played second fiddle to his desire to promote a political agenda, not unlike that @#$% @#$%% ^#!& Anthony Comstock. I call them the Life Partner Parents of New-Speak. scream

But don't take my word for it.
Look for yourself. I may be obfuscating to protect my precious secrets. ninja  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas