Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Ah, joining the -NAVY-. Talk to you lot in 3 years. UPDATED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pepe`

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:46 am
Haven't been here long so It's no point saying "I'll miss you" or anything...this is more of a sort of a "Good Luck with the Airforce" type of post. I have a few friends who are joining soon.

So, Good Luck with the Airforce 3nodding .  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:42 pm
UPDATE: I wrote this in the "Guild Homepage" thread, but I don't know if anyone say it.

I decided not to join the Air Foce afterall. I'll be joining the Navy instead and then because of the awesome Arts and Photography jobs that they have. thought you know.. people might be intertested in knowing that. razz

I'm going to talk to the recruiter when I come home from my grandparents house on tuesday.

Thank you for all your warm goodbyes! ^O^

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Gaulia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:10 pm
... You know, the only thing which springs to my mind is, "Omg no! D:"

Good luck with the navyyy, keep us posted, or I'll cry.

3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:58 pm
Will miss you Sean.  

Angilwingz

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:16 pm
I know this already, see you sometime Sean. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:20 pm
Right, so I went to the recruiter today. Twas actually interesting. At first I spoke to the Army recruiters since the Navy recruiter was out, and they scared me. They were like "JOIN THE ARMY! HOOAH! RAWR! ~Foams at the point~". eek

I decided not to join the Army, even though I didn't want to in the first place; I'm dead set against it now. Not to mention when they told me all the "benefits" of joining the Army, they totally spouted off some BULLSHIT. Although, it would have been some pretty convincing bullshit if I wasn't an Army brat and knew everything there is to know about the Army. Not to mention that when I spoke of a desire to join the Navy instead, he lied to me and tried to convince me how horrible their contracts are. More bullshit.

Needless to say, he was both a good and yet very scarey sales man. He was one of those up in your face kind of guys. I think it would have been worse if I had considered talking to the Marine recruiter.

Then after nodding and smiling for a good fifteen minutes, the Navy guy finally came back and I was able to speak to him. He was laid back, Simoan,(I'm not racist or anything, but their voices annoy the ******** out of me.)and a bit slow, but he gained my respect simply by being honest to me. 3nodding So, I took the practice ASVAB, and I discovered how badly I need to study my maths again. In all honesty, I have serious trouble with math. I even went as far as to pay someone in school to do all my mathematics for me while I was in school.

At any rate, I knew I wanted to join the Navy, now I'm just more convinced. Maybe I'll even be fortunate enough to me stationed somewhere close to England, eh? wink Or maybe not, either way it's just a four year thing, and during my time in the Navy I'll be going to school, no questions asked, all expenses paid for. I could even be done with schooling by the time I'm out of the Navy, which would be more than awesome.

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:42 pm
Timeless Visage
I need to study my maths again. In all honesty, I have serious trouble with maths. I even went as far as to pay someone in school to do all my mathematics for me while I was in school.

I say! Maybe there's a place for you in the officer corps!

wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:49 pm
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
I need to study my maths again. In all honesty, I have serious trouble with maths. I even went as far as to pay someone in school to do all my mathematics for me while I was in school.

wink
Don't judge me because I can't even do basic Algebra! gonk Blame the American Educational sytem. ninja  

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Gazin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:29 pm
Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage

wink
Don't judge me because I can't even do basic Algebra! gonk Blame the American Educational sytem. ninja
Lol, so true. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:26 am
Whoa...well, good luck with that. I haven't been here long, either, but it's still a big change. Hope everything works out well for you. 3nodding  

whathedickens

Spatterdash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:51 am
Good luck, old boy. Tell us whether it's anything like in the Village People song when you get back.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:13 am
I could make bad comments about the navy but I shall hold back. xp

Good luck though. smile I have a friend (Seann) who's in the airforce and he likes it.  

LLT

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces